+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Deadly dance + Saboteur charge behavior is intended!

Plane Touched

Default Deadly dance + Saboteur charge behavior is intended!

Changes on test show that the deadly dance saboteur charge behavior that we have currently is intended.

Deadly dance initial buff has 3 charges. Using a saboteur charge removes one count from the buff and applies a second deadly dance buff. this buff reads "The damage of the next set of charges is increased by 105%" and has a 15sec duration. If you use 3 saboteur charges you will consume the original deadly dance buff but the second one will still be up

new rotation

5 spike charges (pre pull) > deadly > Spike charge > detonate
    5 shrapnel charges > detonate
    Puncture/bs > 4 spike charges > Deadly > spike Charge > Detonate

what spec u rolling?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Flaymar View Post
    what spec u rolling?
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...E00G0s.0VRcxcb

Soulwalker

and how are the numbers on ptr ?

with that spec and the above rotation?

Sounds like it wasn't an easy fix because of the nature of charges (calculating their damage and triggering procs/buffs when they detonate rather than when they are applied) so they've tried to make a workaround that will throw a wrench in the current simple rotation.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    Sounds like it wasn't an easy fix because of the nature of charges (calculating their damage and triggering procs/buffs when they detonate rather than when they are applied) so they've tried to make a workaround that will throw a wrench in the current simple rotation.
    the rotation change is so slight that it's barely noticed. Ya your bs/puncture won't be buffed but all 5 charges of both rotations still will be off one deadly strike.

Quote Originally Posted by kyth View Post
    the rotation change is so slight that it's barely noticed. Ya your bs/puncture won't be buffed but all 5 charges of both rotations still will be off one deadly strike.
    awesome. i was really liking deadly sab, not just for the insane damage but because it has sab's incriminate and maneuverability with weapon barrage as an awesome energy sink / as-needed interrupt. and puncture was such a small amount of damage anyway that this build should still be strong.

Quote Originally Posted by kyth View Post
    Yeah taking a second look at your rotation, it's just shuffling the order of things around a bit so I guess it really isn't much of a change.

It'll probably be better to use BS rather than Puncture though, since you won't benefit from Puncture being 2 combo points at all, and 10 less energy means a bit more Spike uptime.

I'll see if I can find time to parse the 44Sab/20Sin/2Rng versus this new Deadly Dance Sabo build tonight on single target.
    Rank 4 Cleric (Inquisicar) [retired]
    Rank 6 Rogue (Sin, Sab or NB) [retired]
    Retired from Rift due to a lack of PVP content and increasing server instability.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    Yeah taking a second look at your rotation, it's just shuffling the order of things around a bit so I guess it really isn't much of a change.

It'll probably be better to use BS rather than Puncture though, since you won't benefit from Puncture being 2 combo points at all, and 10 less energy means a bit more Spike uptime.
    I was late to test the changes and did not put too much into it. It was more of an after thought after writing the guide.

Rift Disciple

I know that this Deadly Dance Sab build is great DPS, I just wonder if being on melee range is worth the trade off for your average Joe doing T2s. Being at range all the time simply makes things easier. I do like the fact that if you are a skilled player though, you can milk more DPS out of a sab spec.

Quote Originally Posted by DaniWes View Post
    I'll see if I can find time to parse the 44Sab/20Sin/2Rng versus this new Deadly Dance Sabo build tonight on single target.
    Alright just ran a few parses for both builds, my gear has 203 hit rating and is a mix between tier 2 and rank 5 gear.

The old Sabo build -> http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...koRz.0AM0xcb.M
    Averages on 763 dps on average over 2 min 20 sec

The New Sabo build -> http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...E00G0s.0VRcxcb
    Averages on 872 dps on average over 2 min 20 sec (I used blade tempo on the 2nd round of spike charges)

That's an increase of 109 dps, that's 14.29% more dps.
    Rank 4 Cleric (Inquisicar) [retired]
    Rank 6 Rogue (Sin, Sab or NB) [retired]
    Retired from Rift due to a lack of PVP content and increasing server instability.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by DaniWes View Post
    Alright just ran a few parses for both builds, my gear has 203 hit rating and is a mix between tier 2 and rank 5 gear.

The old Sabo build -> http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...koRz.0AM0xcb.M
    Averages on 763 dps on average over 2 min 20 sec

The New Sabo build -> http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...E00G0s.0VRcxcb
    Averages on 872 dps on average over 2 min 20 sec (I used blade tempo on the 2nd round of spike charges)

That's an increase of 109 dps, that's 14.29% more dps.

Add a whetstone in melee and the difference is even larger. It is worth it unless it is a fight where you are a liability or you spend too much time running out

Dalerin
    Dalerin
    Crucia

Quote Originally Posted by Rowanze View Post
    I know that this Deadly Dance Sab build is great DPS, I just wonder if being on melee range is worth the trade off for your average Joe doing T2s. Being at range all the time simply makes things easier. I do like the fact that if you are a skilled player though, you can milk more DPS out of a sab spec.
    There are only a handful of fights in experts that really punish being in melee, especially now that most mechanics can easily be ignored and healed through by average groups.

Aside from the first boss in GP, there aren't really any raid fights that are too melee-unfriendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Erech View Post
    Add a whetstone in melee and the difference is even larger. It is worth it unless it is a fight where you are a liability or you spend too much time running out

Dalerin
    Whetstones increase damage from abilities that use your ranged weapon, not just melee ones. You also want to use one on your offhand because it adds just as much damage as one on your mainhand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast