+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guide: 51mm 15rng (I like ranged and I don't like pets)

Default Guide: 51mm 15rng (I like ranged and I don't like pets)

Looking through the forums, I thought there was room for a guide on the 51MM 15Rng, an oft overlooked spec.

I almost exclusively PvP, so bear with me. I have a build that works fairly well for me out in the field, and wanted to test it in a PvE setting. I downloaded ACT and hit the Boss dummy after scaring up 100 hit. I have mainly R1-3 gear with R4 weapons (had to throw a few blues on for hit).

THE POSITIVES
    -Ranged, no pet
    -Steady DPS with nice spikes
    -Ok AoE
    -Fairly mobile with minimal setup

THE NEGATIVES
    -A full 10 keys needed for full use=complex compared to alot of builds
    -No pet
    -Need the pedestal

THE BUILD

My build.

The build I suppose you should be using for PvE

THE MACROS

Disclaimer: Please don't use these macros for PvP aside from H&R with trinket and Empowered, or maybe the finisher.

H&R
    suppressmacrofailures
    Use Words of War
    Cast Improved Hit and Run
    cast Empowered Shot

Lazy
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Crippling Shot
    cast Piercing Shot
    cast Quick Shot

Finish (***rotation change to help with energy starvation and improve overall dps***)
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Deadeye Shot

THE ROTATION

For Single Target:

Cast Predatory Instincts
    Sniper's Pedestal>Strafe>Headshot
    H&R to over 5points>Deadeye Shot (Until Hit and Run times out, then Quick Reload and continue until Hit and Run finishes again.
    Lazy to 5points>Finish
    Repeat until energy depleted, then Strafe>Finish or Splinter Shot>Lazy to 5 points>Finish and back to Lazy until Hit and Run ready)

For AoE:

Cast Predatory Instincts
    Pedestal>(optional: Strafe>Headshot>Lightening Fury>)Crossfire>Spam Fan Out

Note: The pedestal will wear out and you'll have to replenish it after 3 minutes.

Is this a mildly complex rotation that requires a modicum of attention? Yes, and I apologize for that, but it's nice to know that there are viable options besides Sabo and Sozu for ranged PvE.

A COUPLE OF PVP TIPS IF YOU'RE STUPID ENOUGH TO USE THIS BUILD LIKE I DO IN PVP

-Don't be near the front of the battle when it starts
    -Assist a tank who doesn't target warriors, or find another MM and assist them
    -Take out Mages and other MM's asap
    -Stay near cover
    -Eradicate when you have to, but realize you're the cannon on the field
    -Use Eradicate on MM's when you see they activate Hit and Run, or someone is going to die.
    -In a fair fight with another MM or caster, if you don't have Hit and Run or it's dispelled, find cover, and right before you duck out of sight cast Strafe
    -If that didn't work, pop your head out and cast Rapid Fire Shot and Crossfire on them and duck back.

TL;DR = Garbage PvP player throwing garbage on the forum for PvE crowd on never used spec.
    Last edited by Virchow; 06-22-2011 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Replaced Headshot with Deadeye Shot in Finisher Macro

51pt MM is never viable for PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Upright View Post
    51pt MM is never viable for PvE.
    MY FIRST TROLL!!!!

Please try the spec and guide and get back to me with how poor it performs. I will tell you right now, I don't believe it's the BEST out there, but I do believe it's viable and will raise your eyebrows a bit.

Just a little heads up :P

51 points in MM and you're still using normal Hit and Run... guess where you should add a IMPROVED in your macro.

Unless you reckon 50% energy reduction is bad for your dps!?!

And why you ask people please not to use the macro/s in pvp? You're making a guide and ask people not use the stuff you write about? Logic being????
    "The universe is a machine where you have been placed, and like a machine the outcome can be known. Every battle has already been won or lost. All that is left is for you to choose your side."

Quote Originally Posted by Angryorc View Post
    Just a little heads up :P

51 points in MM and you're still using normal Hit and Run... guess where you should add a IMPROVED in your macro.
    You're right, and I was lazy writing it up, and for that I apologize. I have to assume you are correct and that it doesn't trigger the Improved.

And why you ask people please not to use the macro/s in pvp? You're making a guide and ask people not use the stuff you write about? Logic being????
    I probably wasn't clear, but in the PvP setting, with how fast the dynamic and situations change, the macro could cost you a cooldown ability that you'll need at short notice later.
    Last edited by Virchow; 06-03-2011 at 02:46 PM.

Plane Walker

Under negatives you forgot 'poor dps'. Also, "steady" dps is not a positive if it's steadily low. This build would not get 1220 dps over 6 mins self-buffed, not even with full raid gear. Either your parse glitched or you're just lying.
    Last edited by `xell; 06-03-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by `xell View Post
    Under negatives you forgot 'poor dps'. Also, "steady" dps is not a positive if it's steadily low. This build would not get 1220 dps over 6 mins self-buffed, not even with full raid gear. Either your parse glitched or you're just lying.
    Again, I'm new to this guide thing and PvE/theorycrafting thing and I haven't had the opportunity to post Screen Shots to date. I'll grab the parse from the video I linked and post it when I get home tonight.

In the meantime, I invite you to try to build and guide and post your dps with it. I may have made a mistake during my parse, and we'll find out shortly.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Virchow View Post
    TL;DR = Garbage PvP player throwing garbage on the forum for PvE crowd on never used spec.
    I have nothing else to add

Shadowlander

I love marksman but Im in a raiding guild going for progress we have now cleared all content. Atm I have 3 dps specs one solo target dps ranger one dps spec sab ofc used most of the time and a marksman spec the. Sab and ranger are the once I use the most. Only in very special ocations I get to use the marksman couse the dps loss is so big. The ranger is the Sozu one sab is the cookiecutter one and mm is a 51/15 one. I have been trolling to get Triton to see that marksman and pve aint an option atm just hope they will listen.

If you wanna be of good use to your raid the awnser is simple. Go cookiecutter sab and fall asleep at the keybord with your 3 button rotation.

Plane Walker

Again, I'm new to this guide thing and PvE/theorycrafting thing and I haven't had the opportunity to post Screen Shots to date. I'll grab the parse from the video I linked and post it when I get home tonight.

In the meantime, I invite you to try to build and guide and post your dps with it. I may have made a mistake during my parse, and we'll find out shortly.
    The best optimized melee builds on PTS with full raid gear barely cap at like 1300. There is no way a sub-par mm build in mediocre gear is going to do 1220 on live. It's not worth testing. Make sure the time on your parse didn't bug and split or something.

Yeah, no chance of you doing 1.2k dps with that spec and not too awesome gear.

Without any debuffs on the dummy OR buffs from other players.. I'd say your not optimal spec would do (depending on you) 600-800 dps maximum.
    Last edited by Angryorc; 06-03-2011 at 03:06 PM.
    "The universe is a machine where you have been placed, and like a machine the outcome can be known. Every battle has already been won or lost. All that is left is for you to choose your side."

Quote Originally Posted by `xell View Post
    The best optimized melee builds on PTS with full raid gear barely cap at like 1300. There is no way a sub-par mm build in mediocre gear is going to do 1220 on live. It's not worth testing. Make sure the time on your parse didn't bug and split or something.
    Hey now, save the hate for McWaffle (jk McWaffle).

Assuming I was going after the correct dummy in the video link, and assuming the ACT didn't glitch, 1220 was what I pulled for that encounter. I don't get home for another 5 hours though, and if someone else has access, they can confirm or deny this build. I, and the whole community agree with you though, that what we all want are facts.

MY FIRST TROLL!!!!

Please try the spec and guide and get back to me with how poor it performs. I will tell you right now, I don't believe it's the BEST out there, but I do believe it's viable and will raise your eyebrows a bit.
    Not a troll but a HC raider that has tested 51pt MM and all the other 51pt builds (all underperform compared to well crafted hybrid builds).

Geared as I am this build doesn't break 1300dps on Plutonus. My Ranger build parses over 100DPS higher and my best melee spec almost 500DPS better.

On the subject of lazy typos, the title of this thread should read: "Guide: 51MM 15Rng (I like ranged and I don't like pets)"

Sez

He never posted the video... Guess the OP was lying.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast