Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Runes for Rogue

Soulwalker

Default Runes for Rogue

are these the best runes for a DPS rogue to use at 50? (this does not include rare drop runes, only vendors and trainers. in some cases i have left out dex runes, but i think 1 dex = 0.5ap. for example on chest the +13 dex would only equal AP+6.5):

feet - end +8
    legs - Radiant accurate rune - AP+5 hit +18
    chest- Radiant Wrathful Rune - Dex+5, AP+6
    Gloves - Radiant steadfast rune - +11PCr
    Helmet - Radiant accurate rune - AP+5 hit +18
    Shoulders - Radiant vengeful rune - +7 dex +5PCr
    Main/ranged/offhand - Incandescent Devastating Runeshard- PCr +19 x 3

perhaps i am wrong and should stack all dex??

I would think Dex is still better on your offhand and bow..

13 dex to chest/shoulders is better than both of the ones you listed. I'd take 10 dex to weapons over 19 crit but that's a pretty close call depending on your spec I'd imagine.

There's a str/dex rune available from the Runeguard faction in Moonshade, and a better one in Stillmoor if you are glorified with Mathos.

There are also similar ones available for helm and legs if you don't need the hit. One is from Scarwood and the other is from Droughtlands, and then there are better ones if you are glorified with IPP/Shimmersand.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Rift Chaser

1 dex is 0.5 ap and 1 crit

Soulwalker

thanks for info, i guess the +13 dex ones are much better for stacking crit. if one dex =1 crit.

however, is there a point where you stack too much crit for it to be worthwhile?

if thre was i could see stacking AP more beneficial for pure dps builds.

Ascendant

don't forget factions!

2 options for helm enchants, a better option for legs, and a belt enchant.

I think there are also some better blue qualities of some of the ones you listed, like 15crit to gloves.

Soulwalker

hmmmm.... i agree that there perhaps are better from rare drops but as a fresh master runecrafter i was kind of looking for the best easily obtainable runes for dps that i can craft while i wait for drops etc...

do you by any chance know where the belt enchant is and what it does? i have never seen that kind of rune on my server, also can't find a guide about it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by sinbadsnake View Post
    hmmmm.... i agree that there perhaps are better from rare drops but as a fresh master runecrafter i was kind of looking for the best easily obtainable runes for dps that i can craft while i wait for drops etc...

do you by any chance know where the belt enchant is and what it does? i have never seen that kind of rune on my server, also can't find a guide about it.
    order of mathos, glorified.

they have a base stat and endurance (so you would grab the dex+endurance one)

You buy it from one of the dwarves at the hub just north of the bridge in the middle of Moonshade. The vendor that sells it also has a daily quest that you need to decline before being able to see his goods. The rune for rogues is 5dex 5str if memory serves.

It is not a runecrafting recipe, it's just an item you can buy that becomes soulbound and you apply it to one of your items just like a crafted rune.

lol @ Dinadass's avatar: They see operating your auto-mobile. They are prejudice.

General of Telara

feet - end +8
    legs - Radiant accurate rune - AP+5 hit +18
    chest- Radiant Wrathful Rune - Dex+5, AP+6
    Gloves - Radiant steadfast rune - +11PCr
    Helmet - Radiant accurate rune - AP+5 hit +18
    Shoulders - Radiant vengeful rune - +7 dex +5PCr
    Main/ranged/offhand - Incandescent Devastating Runeshard- PCr +19 x 3
    I'll make the obvious upgrade suggestions for future reference.

Feet - Blazing Resolute (end +11)
    Legs - Glorified Dragonslayer rep (Dex+12 End+9)
    Chest - Blazing Deft (Dex +13)
    Hands - Blazing Steadfast (Crit +15)
    Helmet - Glorified Icewatch rep (Dex +11 End+8)
    Shoulders - Blazing Deft (Dex +13)
    Waist - Glorified Mathos rep (Dex +10, End+8)

I used the Radiant Accurate rune on my Head/Legs until I got higher tier weapons to cover the hit. The runes you get with maxed rep are absolutely great not only for the Dex boosts, but also the Endurance you get. Raids especially will require you to have around 5.5 - 6k HP with buffs to make sure you don't die from big AoE's like Hylas soul fracture, or Urluuk's crystal + earthquake combo. Obviously in general it gives you that extra breathing room and may mean you can use a STR/DEX potion rather than an Endurance potion in some cases.
    As for the weapon runes... I'm currently using Dex+10 on all 3. I think its pretty much personal preference whether you want to use Crit+19 / Dex+19 / Baneful. The difference between the options is so small you'd never notice. RNG may put one rune ahead of the other or may be better in one spec than another by like 5 DPS, but who cares. I think I sit at 42% crit self buffed on both my Sab and Ranger specs using the Dex+10 runes, and I feel that's high enough that I can put a bit more attention towards AP. I've pretty much thought that since I had around 32% Crit or so; I just got more crit once I started to get better essences and gear in general.

I agree with everything Vitto said, except for Baneful. If you have Spotter's Order up then Baneful on your mainhand will easily beat out the other options.

Does anyone know if Baneful messes with the FotLL or Alsbeth dagger procs by the way? I know it used to overwrite the Eviscerator proc or maybe still does.

General of Telara

Hah wow you're right, with Spotter's Orders up Baneful would easily be the best. Only need 1 though, so fill the other two with either Dex/Crit. I'll actually test out if it messes up with Fang of the Lifelord when I get home today. Do you think it stands the chance to completely overwrite the FotLL proc or just make it proc less? To be honest the dagger proc is pretty abysmal anyways lol from what I've noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitto View Post
    Hah wow you're right, with Spotter's Orders up Baneful would easily be the best. Only need 1 though, so fill the other two with either Dex/Crit. I'll actually test out if it messes up with Fang of the Lifelord when I get home today. Do you think it stands the chance to completely overwrite the FotLL proc or just make it proc less? To be honest the dagger proc is pretty abysmal anyways lol from what I've noticed.
    It used to overwrite the Eviscerator proc entirely from what I read, but I know it's been toyed with a few times since then as a result of it messing with looting and other issues so I'm not sure if it still does that or not.

General of Telara

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/w...hingstupid.jpg

Was me tanking, but yeah Baneful Rune does not interfere with the dagger

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast