+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue DPS BiS Gear List

Qan

Default Rogue DPS BiS Gear List

Please use Roobarb's tool which can be found here: http://riftupgrade.mathijs.info/roguedps/ It has more items, a better interface, and more options for weighing gear. His thread can be found here: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...e-spreadsheets

The List
    http://tinyurl.com/roguebestinslot
    First, I'd like to say that this list is meant for PvE. Please refrain from making comments about DEX adding dodge and how this can be a DPS boost. If you are getting hit in PvE as DPS, you are doing it wrong. This list gives a general score for items at level 50, the numbers WILL change depending on your spec. I would post the list here but not being able to edit posts would make it very hard to keep this thread relevant. This way I can make changes on the fly and add new items easily.

The Equation
    ((((STR+DEX)/2+AP)*(2))+DEX+CRIT)=Score
    Simplified: 2(DEX+AP)+STR+CRIT

Criteria
    For an item to be on the list it had to have the following:
    1. At least 1 Dexterity
    2. Lvl50 Item
    3. Epic or Relic Quality (Purple/Orange) (Blue items can be requested on this thread)
    4. Contains no tanking stats (parry/dodge/block)
    5. Must be a DPS increase over an empty slot (no heal on hit trinkets, etc.)

Where does the 2:1 ratio come from?
    It is based on the tooltip in the stat sheet of your character page. (Hover over Dex/Str/Ap/Crit) This ratio is based solely on the ratio Trion has given stats on items, it is by no means perfect, and depending on your spec you may lean more towards AP or Crit.
    1 Str = 0.5 AP
    1 Dex = 1 Crit + 0.5 AP

Miscellaneous
    The trinkets included assume a 100% uptime to give a general idea of where they rank. The total “score” given DOES NOT take Hit, Weapon Damage, or Weapon Speed into account at all. It’s up to you to make sure you have enough hit for your content and to pick the combination of weapons that is best for your spec. This list is based purely on stats.

Please let me know of any inconsistencies or if you’d like me to add an item.

tl;dr
    PvP more.

I want to thank a few people for helping me with parses, offering moral support through hours of spreadsheets, and giving me the idea in the first place:
    Eklipz, Killums, Cyonic, Ragehulksmash, Burtneyspurs, and Bruceleee.
    Last edited by Qan; 07-15-2011 at 08:35 AM.
    Rogue DPS BiS | Critical Hit | Soft Cap: 1187 | Hard Cap: 3163
    Retired | ANet: Qan.4672 | Steam: qankriegor

Qan

Items are updated as of patch 1.2.1

An attempt was made to update the Epic Life Quest rewards but the picture given to us on the forums was really damn small. I'd appreciate it if someone could post the new stats for the quest rewards.

Koe

Alsbeth dagger MH, GSB dagger OH, Epic Saga quest bow when meleeing.
    Glyphed set
    2x Purple Augment Titan's Signet
    Old Thieves mastertools
    Necklace is the one from the 10-man, I forgot which.
    Belt off of Thalguur or Warmaster

All off the top of my head.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Koe

^Posted that without reading.

Also, I was trying to edit and got to the 5 minute mark.

You can't make a comparison of an items weight just by comparing their stats to each other. You have to figure out how each one benefits each spec/skill, and crit(for instance) always gurantees the highest damage out of the damage range. That is something you cannot get just by comparing in-game stats on items. This is why Crit is so highly sought after.

Edit: Also, Hit does need to be weighted in to stat weight. It needs to be weighted until an, assumed, 220 hit rating.
    Last edited by Koe; 05-29-2011 at 02:40 AM.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Qan

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Alsbeth dagger MH, GSB dagger OH, Epic Saga quest bow when meleeing.
    Glyphed set
    2x Purple Augment Titan's Signet
    Old Thieves mastertools
    Necklace is the one from the 10-man, I forgot which.
    Belt off of Thalguur or Warmaster

All off the top of my head.
    I need the names of items, please.

Old Thieves' Mastertools was left out along with any other trinkets with damage procs due to them not having as stats to rank them with. I might eventually do hour long parses with each and add their dps increases in a different section.

(Are you talking about the Normaster Chain? It's from Gilded Prophecy?)

Also, crafting items were intentionally left without augments as that would be a lot of work. I may get to it in the future but most likely I'll just add a section with each separate augment and their scores (I realize different pieces of gear get different amounts of stats from the same augment).

Qan

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    ^Posted that without reading.

Also, I was trying to edit and got to the 5 minute mark.

You can't make a comparison of an items weight just by comparing their stats to each other. You have to figure out how each one benefits each spec/skill, and crit(for instance) always gurantees the highest damage out of the damage range. That is something you cannot get just by comparing in-game stats on items. This is why Crit is so highly sought after.

Edit: Also, Hit does need to be weighted in to stat weight. It needs to be weighted until an, assumed, 220 hit rating.
    Yeah, I dislike the 5m edit thing too.

I said in the first post that this is not a perfect list. I do not have the time to make tailor made lists for every spec. People reading this should use common sense and get items that benefit their spec the most.

I don't see how you can call this a BiS list, when it isn't. Its a list of stat weights is all. If you're melee dps, you're going to use the relic daggers over any epic quality, because the increase in dps on the weapon far out weighs the stats. Same with ranged DPS on the weapon if you're playing ranged DPS. Also, there are blues that you left out of your list on purpose that are far better than epics. Hopefully people look at this list as a compilation of what gear is available and nothing more. Because I would really hate for someone to take this list as the end all be all and be nerfing themselves because of it.

BUT. Thanks for taking the time to make the list. It does help for people looking for an item purely based on stat weights.
    Last edited by Shanst; 05-29-2011 at 05:47 AM.

Qan

Quote Originally Posted by Shanst View Post
    I don't see how you can call this a BiS list, when it isn't. Its a list of stat weights is all. If you're melee dps, you're going to use the relic daggers over any epic quality, because the increase in dps on the weapon far out weighs the stats. Same with ranged DPS on the weapon if you're playing ranged DPS. Also, there are blues that you left out of your list on purpose that are far better than epics. Hopefully people look at this list as a compilation of what gear is available and nothing more. Because I would really hate for someone to take this list as the end all be all and be nerfing themselves because of it.
    I didn't intentionally leave any blues out, the list was meant to be epic level and above(the only blue is the PvP trinket). If there are some blues you know of that have lots of stats please let me know so I can add them.

You bring up a good point about the relic weapon dmg, but that is a spec specific thing. If someone absolutely hates ranged and does not run a RDPS spec then the relic bow is useless to them since all they want is a "stat stick". For this they can look at the list. The same can be said about someone who doesn't run any melee builds, the dps on their daggers don't matter (the procs may) so all they want are one handers with a large amount of stats.

It is very hard to make an all encompassing list for rogues as we have many specs with a wide array of damage boost talents.

BUT. Thanks for taking the time to make the list. It does help for people looking for an item purely based on stat weights.
    You're welcome.
    Last edited by Qan; 05-29-2011 at 06:07 AM.

Qan

I've added a disclaimer above the 'One Hand' AND 'Ranged' slot sections that reads: This section does not take weapon speed and/or weapon damage into account. If you are melee dps the relic daggers will outperform Blade of Light due to having much higher dps. Alternatively, if you are ranged dps, the relic bows will outperform the Godslayer Bow of Durnes.

It seems to be the section people have a problem with. The rest of the items (armor, etc.) should be weighed purely on stats. Make sure you have enough hit for the content you are trying to do.
    50 - T1 Expert
    100 - T2 Expert
    220 - Raids (GSB, RoS, GP)

Quote Originally Posted by Qan View Post
    I didn't intentionally leave any blues out, the list was meant to be epic level and above(the only blue is the PvP trinket). If there are some blues you know of that have lots of stats please let me know so I can add them.
    Wayward Breeches should be on that list for really easily crafted blue legs with MASSIVE stats. If you go ruthless wayward breeches they have 13str 25dex 30crit. Base stats without an augment are 13str 25dex 25crit which are huge for a blue crafted item that doesn't even cost a catalyst to make.

Soulwalker

Actually you just want one relic dagger for your meleegear, simply because the offhand doesn't do anything for your dps overall other than the slight boost in autoattack dmg und possibly the proc from the weapon itself (in all the parses i've seen the procc from the GSB dagger is pretty meh) so you're best off to just use your cult saga 1h weapon in the offhand.
    The cult saga 1h weapon has incredible stats and should be listed in quite possibly every BiS list out there.

I know the whole offhand deal isn't quite accurate for a 32 BD with Double Coup but I believe even this specc is using such a small number of quick strikes that the higher weapon dps is far outweighted by the amazing stats the cult saga sword has.

Wayward Breeches should be on that list for really easily crafted blue legs with MASSIVE stats. If you go ruthless wayward breeches they have 13str 25dex 30crit. Base stats without an augment are 13str 25dex 25crit which are huge for a blue crafted item that doesn't even cost a catalyst to make.
    Flexible Razormax spine, adds +5crit, and +5dex. Blue augment, the purple im usure of, ive never actually seen one. Makes the legs called, Treacherous Wayward Breeches.
    Last edited by Swiftly; 05-29-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Soulwalker

This is a nice list but it's nowhere near a BIS list. At the very least this list needs to show the hit on all of these items as well as adding in various blues that are far better than some epics.

You can have insane amounts of stat weight, but it doesn't mean a whole lot if you can't hit the mob. PVP 6 gear and weapons are a prime example of this...it all has zero hit.

That said, It is otherwise a very thorough list. Thank you very much for putting it together. It will help people make some decisions on gear once reaching hit cap and their spec's "soft cap" on crit rating.

Qan

Added Wayward Breeches and a few other craftable blues.

I'm in the process of adding the Augments and how much they contribute to each slot but it will take some time.

If you know of any other good blues please let me know.

Shadowlander

The total “score” given DOES NOT take Hit, Weapon Damage, or Weapon Speed into account at all. It’s up to you to make sure you have enough hit for your content and to pick the combination of weapons that is best for your spec. This list is based purely on stats.
    You may want to bold/underline/change the color of this so that people actually start paying attention to it.

This list gives you the best piece per slot assuming that you are hit capped. You're not going to want a piece with hit rating on it that pushes you over the cap because then it is just wasted itemization.

One suggestion I do have is possibly including the hit rating in a column. Doing this would allow people to create BiS sets that would min/max their stats. I'd imagine that this might be tedious with having to go back through all of the gear, so I would completely understand if this isn't something you'd be interested in doing.

Thanks for compiling all of this; I'm interested to see what you have/had in store for the second tab that was at the bottom last night, titled "Test" I believe. I appreciate the work you're doing ;D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast