+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some confirmation, high damage weapons are better for pvp?

Soulwalker

Default Some confirmation, high damage weapons are better for pvp?

So I'm lv 47 and been running around with daggers the whole time.

I saw some axes on the AH and even though their -dps- was .2 lower, their damage range was like 20 points higher on both the low and high end.

I go into pvp and hit alot harder using my abilities.

Considering pvp is about burst and not about small numerous hits I assume going swords/axes is better?

PS I'm full bladedancer.

Thanks

I always thought to hold the highest Damage weapon on the main hand and the best stats weapon on the off-hand.

Soulwalker

Fast weapons hit for less with each swing, and are more focused on procs for increasing dmg. In general daggers are much better for pve/melee based specs.

For pvp slower weapons that hit harder with each swing can work better, since people are trying to avoid getting hit by you, and weapon procs are less of a focus.

Shadowlander

I asked my friend about this just the other day, and according to his studies...your attacks are based not on the actual damage numbers of the weapon (xx-xx dmg) but are based on just the DPS of the weapon.
    This means that even if youre using an axe with 30-70 damage in your main hand, youll do more damage as a melee using two daggers instead, as long as they are the same DPs (29.3 for instance) as youll be attacking faster.

Daggers are also far more useful if youre speced into increased poison procs/damage
    Last edited by MaxOhm; 05-28-2011 at 07:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread