+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue tanking spec. thoughts please!!

Soulwalker

Default Rogue tanking spec. thoughts please!!

so here goes. im new to this game. im only lv 23 atm, but iv got tanking experience in just about every game out there. so i just thought id give my thoughts on a tank spec. its some what different from what i have seen out there so im interested in seasoned rogue tanks thoughts. more so in t2+ tanks thoughts. from what i hear, low lvl tanking and threat isn't an issue but people talk about aoe threat and survivability being an issue.

here is a link to the build i am thinking of

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...qdRkkM.xMdVz.V

this build uses stalker/dancer/saboteur. personally stalker/dancer are my cookie cutter choices. build them how u want but i think they beat out any other options. as for my 3rd i see ranger and bard for suggestions. but im trying to think outside the box here. so im really looking for thoughts on the saboteur part on my build. the 5 points into it get you an extra 15% DEX, adhesive bomb for aoe slow on enemies if your worried about mobs running from you, and fragmentation bomb for additional aoe threat for up to 10 mobs.

all in all it sounds great to me. my only question i still have is how much DEX will 15% get me in end game tank gear and how much mitigation will it result in? again, i know bard and ranger both offer health pools and direct dmg mitigation. so, please if you have any thoughts. or if any one can give me their dex count in tier gear or just calculate how much 15 additional % dex would grant, that would be awesome. thanks again!

Last edited by TJ74; 05-28-2011 at 10:35 AM.

Soulwalker

ahh, thanks i haven't read the second link. its nice to see the confidence in rogue main tanking. but any thoughts on the saboteur part of my spec? the dex, aoe slow, and aoe threat? i still don't have any idea how much 15% dex would add with the additional 15% dex from the dancer tree.

first link, first reply - its all discussed about missing too much by going 44 points.
    also, in those threads aoe is just a fact of life that u wont have a ton of it, but that u will have plenty if your dps uses ToT and your healers buffs/heal smartly and NOT as u pull

Plane Touched

seriously though, since they buffed rift disturbance in the last major patch, aoe threat has not been an issue at all i gotta say. the worst pulls were a few of the spread out ones in RD, or the little bug thingies in AP, but those pulls are easy now.

Sez

Until someone shows a video of them tanking Lord Greenscale as anything other than 51 riftstalker with a parser showing the damage taken, I will keep my 51stalker build tyvm.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TJ74 View Post
    first link, first reply - its all discussed about missing too much by going 44 points.
    also, in those threads aoe is just a fact of life that u wont have a ton of it, but that u will have plenty if your dps uses ToT and your healers buffs/heal smartly and NOT as u pull
    yeah i guess i kinda forgot about the shield bonus per point spent. 7 points extra would get u 35% more dmg absorbed and 3.5% dmg reduction. guess im just very curious about the 30% dex boost and how much it would add if it stacks. the aoe slow and dmg seemed just to be a bonus. any one able to tell me how much dex their chars have without outside buffs? and if that is with or without the 15% bonuses from bdancer or sab?

+ Reply to Thread