+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [PVP]Fine tune my 51Sin spec, macros, etc...

Default [PVP]Fine tune my 51Sin spec, macros, etc...

***I want to preface this discussion by saying that my main use for this spec is for burning fang/stone carriers and world PVP/ganking***

With that being said, I am looking for any feedback I can on this spec, my macros, abilities, etc.

The Spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ftsfqddR.VMduz

Openers:
    #show paralyzing strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast poison malice
    cast paralyzing strike

#show jagged strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast poison malice
    cast jagged strike

Spammable DPS:
    #show savage strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast backstab
    cast reprisal
    cast savage strike

Finishers:
    #show deadly strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast deadly strike
    cast serpent strike

#show impale
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast impale
    cast serpent strike

Poisons:
    Lethal Poison
    Debilitating Poison

Rotations:
    Most of the time I use: Paralyzing -> Savage Strike Macro spam to 5cp -> Foul Play -> Deadly Strike

If I need, after the Deadly, I will throw in a Slip Away -> Jagged -> Savage Strike to 5cp -> Impale

A few questions:
    I will soon be hitting Rank 4, what weapons should I be buying for this spec? The Daggers, Swords? Other?

I am currently enchanting straight Dex. I have heard that Crit might be better for a fast burn type spec. Thoughts?

Thanks for any help or suggestions anyone can provide.

dmv

Macroing serpent strike to finishers could be a problem due to it being off the GCD. If you hit it too quickly, you'll burn serpent strike before your finisher.
    Edit: 0 RS is terribad, take 0 ranger or 0 infiltrator instead.
    Last edited by dmv; 05-28-2011 at 10:01 AM.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Best tip I can give you is to isolate Backstab and SS and join them. Conserve their usefulness, do not abuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    Macroing serpent strike to finishers could be a problem due to it being off the GCD. If you hit it too quickly, you'll burn serpent strike before your finisher.
    Edit: 0 RS is terribad, take 0 ranger or 0 infiltrator instead.
    I gave just about every third soul a try and with every class having a way to escape, how do you contend with closing a gap when sprint is down (I didnt seem to have much punch with the ranger abilties)? Not only that, but lets you are trying to catch someone ahead of you while in stealth, having the Shadow Shift seems priceless...or even for running shards, or trying to get away, out of LOS, etc.
    Last edited by Vaeranth; 05-28-2011 at 10:15 AM.

...and any advice on the dex vs crit enchanting?

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by Vaeranth View Post
    I gave just about every third soul a try and with every class having a way to escape, how do you contend with closing a gap when sprint is down (I didnt seem to have much punch with the ranger abilties)? Not only that, but lets you are trying to catch someone ahead of you while in stealth, having the Shadow Shift seems priceless...or even for running shards, or trying to get away, out of LOS, etc.
    I don't use bd. I have no gap closer whatsoever, but quickshot hits hard enough to make that irrelevant. By all means if you enjoy shift that much use it, just know you're gimping yourself.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Plane Touched

As DMV said:

Dont macro Serpent Strike on your macro.. Make it isolate on Hotkey(More control).

Secondly; From testing( Depending what you fighting )
    Keep in mind you can switch while Stealth
    Buffebiliation and Leeching Point work better then Debi+Lethal

Third: Why you dont use Final Blow on your finisher ? You get alot of buff up when you use it behind target with all your opener or even After your deadly strike.

You should make a Opener with Assasinate when you get alot of AP it does a min: 1k Dmg it much better then Paralyze Strike. If you are not confident with your follow target.
    Use Assasinate then Foul Play

Usually people are very sucky especially pyro they just stand still
    Rotation : Assasinate(1k), Backstab(200-600),Serpent Strike(500-1.2k), Final blow(1k-1.7k),
    Foul Play...Puncture, Backstab, Serpent Strike, Final Blow(4 points combo )

On Ranger/MM
    Rotation: Jagged Strike, Foul Play, Backstab, Serpent Strike Impale, Snare, Slip away target next, if you think he will go heal... Just follow him until he die or dont slip away and Finish him
    The reason I engage another target his Blood Thirsty will trigger while fighitng since the MM will die.

P.S You should macro your Trinket Whispered(Physic+250,AP+16) or Mealow( AP+116)
    After your opener
    use Whispered...
    cast skill

ok, so I have made a few changes based on feedback:

1) Added puncture to my Savage Strike Macro (forgot it the first time), as well as Quick Shot from dropping 0RS and going 0Rng:

#show savage strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast backstab
    cast reprisal
    cast savage strike
    cast quick shot

2) Added Head Shot to my finisher (and dropped Serpent Strike):

#show deadly strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast deadly strike
    cast head shot

3) Separate keybind for Serpent Strike.

As to the above posters question about not using Final Blow, I am spec'd into Deadly Dance, so I get +105% dmg on my next 3 combo abilities after a 5 point Deadly Strike (Serpent Strike usually being one of them). So while the dmg of the actual finisher might be less, its more dmg over time.

As for Assassinate, I do use it, just not frequently. The times I see myself using it the most is if I think the target might be on stun DR and is near death (taking other damage), for undergeared characters with low Valor, or when ganking lowbies

But why wouldn't I want to use Lethal, +5% crit against the target seems like the best poison enchant there is?

Thanks for the replies, still looking for feedback and different perspectives.

Shadowlander

I use the same build but different macros for more burst.

Try using this macro after deadly strike.

cast puncture
    cast serpent strike
    cast backstab

Since deadly strike increases dmg by 105% on your next 3 combo point generating abilities this is your highest burst possible with this build imo.
    My serpent strike hits for around 2k crit 1k non crit
    Puncture for around 1k crit 500 non crit
    and backstab for around 1200 crit 600 non crit
    After deadly strike if all 3 crit its game over.

Personally I prefer Nightblade 9/rngr 6 as my off souls, you are getting 15% + to builders & 12% + finishers, a ranged sap, & fiery spike which i will get to in a moment. The Ranger gives crippling shot, ranged builder & finisher, and a minor attack power buff.

As far as rotation I don't find paralyzing to be worth it. For that matter I don't prefer Assassinate most of the time either. I use it if the target is already taking damage, but I prefer to open on a fresh target with

Jagged Strike > puncture > Serpent strike 95% of the time (or backstab if your unlucky) > Impale

At this point they will heal, run, or make a move to save their arse. Smack em with foul play and if that foul play hits and isn't negated by DR begin building with backstab/savage strike/serpent stirke & finish with final blow.

If Foul Play doesn't take and your facing a worthy foe (cleric, higher rank, etc), then just begin stacking fiery spike to three stacks then build towards your finisher in typical fashion.

If you have a grudge against the target right after your impale on the initial open, slip away and re open with assassinate.

This rotation is less about the big numbers at first, but the little numbers will add up really fast with all the dots ticking and the big numbers seal the deal.

& lost hope makes for great stealthed gap closer.
    Last edited by Ezekielplus1; 05-29-2011 at 06:13 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Vaeranth View Post
    ***I want to preface this discussion by saying that my main use for this spec is for burning fang/stone carriers and world PVP/ganking***

With that being said, I am looking for any feedback I can on this spec, my macros, abilities, etc.

The Spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ftsfqddR.VMduz

Openers:
    #show paralyzing strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast poison malice
    cast paralyzing strike

#show jagged strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast poison malice
    cast jagged strike

Spammable DPS:
    #show savage strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast backstab
    cast reprisal
    cast savage strike

Finishers:
    #show deadly strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast deadly strike
    cast serpent strike

#show impale
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast impale
    cast serpent strike

Poisons:
    Lethal Poison
    Debilitating Poison

Rotations:
    Most of the time I use: Paralyzing -> Savage Strike Macro spam to 5cp -> Foul Play -> Deadly Strike

If I need, after the Deadly, I will throw in a Slip Away -> Jagged -> Savage Strike to 5cp -> Impale

A few questions:
    I will soon be hitting Rank 4, what weapons should I be buying for this spec? The Daggers, Swords? Other?

I am currently enchanting straight Dex. I have heard that Crit might be better for a fast burn type spec. Thoughts?

Thanks for any help or suggestions anyone can provide.
    I'd take the 2/5 hit talent from BD and put it in the dodge talent. And I'd also recommend using puncture in your rotation. You might already and just forgot to list it, but the way I read, you don't use it.
    Other than that, good macros I think. Most people forget to use poison malice.

+ Reply to Thread