+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assassin hits like a noodle in Lvl 35 PvP

Default Assassin hits like a noodle in Lvl 35 PvP

I just hit 35 as an Assassin(43)/Riftstalker(12)/Ranger

I was just in Black Garden, trying to attack a Level 36 mage. I hit so weakly that he didn't even try to stop what he was doing to run away or even turn to face me.

I did expose armor, jagged strike, impale, a few savage strikes.

His green health bar hardly moved.

What am I doing wrong?

Here is my build and stats:

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n.../Assassin2.png

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...roguestats.png

Thanks!

Rift Disciple

from my POV rogues just suck. =( i have one myself and i find myself not doing nearly as much damage as any other classes.
    A ranged warrior does more damage than my Marksman rogue. as does a healing cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Jural View Post
    I just hit 35 as an Assassin(43)/Riftstalker(12)/Ranger

I was just in Black Garden, trying to attack a Level 36 mage. I hit so weakly that he didn't even try to stop what he was doing to run away or even turn to face me.
    It's possible he was being healed or had a healing buff. And maybe he was actually a cleric and I mistakenly identified him. I don't know...

Rift Chaser

Your spec is terrible, no offense. If you want damage, sub spec into nightblade or bladedancer. Use something like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MiMb.V0x.hAoftofodoo

Next points leveling up should be Flame Thrust for ranged finisher, Advanced Flanking and Physical Trauma. You could also sub inf for ranger for the shots, but I like break free.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrower View Post
    Your spec is terrible, no offense. If you want damage, sub spec into nightblade or bladedancer. Use something like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MiMb.V0x.hAoftofodoo

Next points leveling up should be Flame Thrust for ranged finisher, Advanced Flanking and Physical Trauma. You could also sub inf for ranger for the shots, but I like break free.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...w-with-Footage

Rift Chaser

Again, at your level, you want nightblade, as you don't have enough points yet to make that build work. Trust me, I fool around with builds quite a bit. In the 40's you can make a decent build with riftstalker, but before that, you just don't have the points for it if you want decent damage and that is what your complaint seemed to be about.

In my opinion, your build needs major tweaking. For me I use Assassin/blade dancer/infiltrator before and I can bring any clothes wearer down to half when I stealth/jagged/macrox3/finisher. Unless he is on some kind of healing buff.

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

You don't have enough points yet to make use of the riftstalker tree like they do in this spec. The build he posted is talented to have 15% reduced damage, 10% increased damage, and 15% increased crit chance from plane shifts of which he has FIVE. With the shadow mastery talent you can have those buffs up at all times. You have ONE plane shift on a 45 second cooldown and its only talented to increase crit by 10%...

Like Sorrower said, you'd be better off using nightblade or bladedancer at your level if you want to deal damage. Also, you might not want to go any farther into assassin than 32 at this point because that's when you get impale. You can probably use those extra points for something juicier in another tree like flame thrust or twilight force plus at 14 NB you get a strong second 2 combo point ability that deals magic damage. 14 Bladedancer will give you deadly dance and sprint and keen/quick strike is better than savage strike. You also get an interrupt/silence, some buffs, twin strike, and an AOE finisher.
    Last edited by Chancellor Gowron; 05-28-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions so far, everybody.

Here's the thing: if I had taken nightblade and got the 15% to combo builders and finishers, would that enemy's green health bar be falling fast?

15% is not really all that much when you are not even worrying the opponent as it is!

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jural View Post
    Thanks for the helpful suggestions so far, everybody.

Here's the thing: if I had taken nightblade and got the 15% to combo builders and finishers, would that enemy's green health bar be falling fast?

15% is not really all that much when you are not even worrying the opponent as it is!
    Yea good point. When you see this happening, check the buffs he has. Does he have warden's hots stacked on him? Is he using detaunt on you? Is he using defensive cooldowns like neddra's essence? Is he standing next to a cadence spamming bard? Sometimes a small increase in dps is all you need though to break the HOT/aoe healing threshold.

Even after the recent rogue buff I still prefer nightblade for melee in warfronts for the heal debuff, magic damage and defensive cooldowns. Assassin will always be the king of world pvp though.

Always look at buffs before you leave stealth that is the first thing an assassin must take note of.

Try this spec here, i've been using it since level 20 (level 50 now) and i rarely have problems

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...RrtobodbR.xx0M

edit: oops, forgot to give you a basic rotation.

Basically, if you're just starting out with this spec, try jagged strike > puncture > impale > foul play > back stab > keen strike / precision strike / etc > deadly strike (5pt) > whatever you want

mind you, most people will die before you finish that rotation lol unless it's a good cleric. Also, don't forget about Weapon Barrage, it's a must against any caster-type.

enjoy
    Last edited by Rekuja; 05-28-2011 at 01:16 PM.
    ?

+ Reply to Thread