+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unseen Fury (VS) Blazing Fury + Coup De Grace

Soulwalker

Default Unseen Fury (VS) Blazing Fury + Coup De Grace

I am sorry if this is well established in generally related threads, but a forum search didn't seem to turn up anything (specific to this question, although something could be inferred).

As of 1.2.1, ff you could pick either between +15% Attack power OR +15% damage to combo generators and finisher's, what would you pick? Based on the builds around here, the +15% damage's from Nightblade would be my guess... (and in my head, that seems to be a better choice)

but at level 50, which leads to hitting harder? Does someone know the math, say, naked on a target dummy? (I know gear is important, but given my gear isn't static, I cant rely simply on that to give me the answer).

[the primary reason I am asking is because I have that greater essence that sometimes increases attack power by 50 and its makes a nice bit of difference... (of course, that is +50 WITH Lazing Fury and Coup De Grace, replacing them with +15% power (which might get up to a +50 around level 50) is another thing)

Thank you guys n gals!!!!

Soulwalker

70+ views on no reply? Not even a rude one telling me this has already been figured out and I am moron for asking?

this thread assesses the two most topics asked about in the rogue forums.

I'll help just a tad, because i'm not 100% an *******.

Search.

Attack Power is useless, so 15% more useless is a little bit less useless, but still useless.

And shouldn't it be blatantly obvious that DIRECTLY increasing your main abilities by 15% more damage is FAR MORE USEFUL than increasing something that ONLY AFFECTS skills that strictly say something along the lines of "bonus attack power... etc."

common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post

Search.

Attack Power is useless, so 15% more useless is a little bit less useless, but still useless.

And shouldn't it be blatantly obvious that DIRECTLY increasing your main abilities by 15% more damage is FAR MORE USEFUL than increasing something that ONLY AFFECTS skills that strictly say something along the lines of "bonus attack power... etc."

common sense.
    Are you dense? 99% of our spells are affected by attack power. Those that mention attack power bonuses are affected by an increased amount.

(Gear)

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    Are you dense? 99% of our spells are affected by attack power. Those that mention attack power bonuses are affected by an increased amount.
    Yeah, they're all affected by AP but it's such a small amount that a trivial increase in AP is going to be much less beneficial than the flat 15% damage bonus that could otherwise be taken. I find it hard to NOT have at least 10 points in NB for any build I run.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post

Search.

common sense.
    I did search and the first three pages didnt have anything that seemed relevant...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Extremite View Post
    Yeah, they're all affected by AP but it's such a small amount that a trivial increase in AP is going to be much less beneficial than the flat 15% damage bonus that could otherwise be taken. I find it hard to NOT have at least 10 points in NB for any build I run.
    Thank you, just wanted to confirm my suspicions...

+ Reply to Thread