+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eradicate is overrated - here's a better build for PVP (WFs)

Telaran

Default Eradicate is overrated - here's a better build for PVP (WFs)

Eradicate is a huge dps loss in PVP, especially if it fails. Group PVP it fails even more if an enemy has a bard or archon.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...MtRVzAhdo.xx0z

This build gets you Magnify Pain from the Sin tree and Knock Knock from the Inf tree. Adds crit dmg by a lot and also has Cleanse soul + Break Free. Retreat I find is pretty useless in WFs since most people are ranged and while you're "flying backwards" you can still get hit and die anyway.

If you get enough crit gear, Bull's Eye isn't really necessary. It's a waste of 1 global cooldown and 2 mins cooldown doesn't make it practical.

Static shot is useless with the CC DRs and immunity at the moment.

Thinking about getting rid of Strafe maybe....it costs too much energy and the dps ain't that great tbh..,even if Improved hit and run is down, swift shot X5 + hasted shot allows you to kite better and is worth the dps loss compared to Strafe.

Thoughts?

Keep strafe. allows you to put out damage from behind objects, very handy for farming people at their spawn.

(Gear)

Soulwalker

I agree, this is the better build.

So far my highest crit was 2.7k with Deadeye. Without trinket.
    800 crits with empowered shot.

I agree that you should keep Strafe, since it does nice dmg on mages and rogues. Put a pedestals behind an object, use strafe, hide behind object.

I prefer this over any other MM build any day since i have been using this for 1 week now and got better results than with the 44 MM builds out there.

It's only overrated if:

1. You aren't using it properly (i,e consecutively spamming it then moving on to damaging shots)
    2. There's more than 1 Eradicate MM in your premade
    3. You're in an R6 premade vs a PuG
    4. You don't have a Champ/VK in your group for Lingering Wounds

Eradicate isn't overpowered at all. It's more effective than it should be against certain 'buffs' (LGV, Salvation, Guardian/Stalker Phase, etc), but it's an integral part of a successful premade.

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftRacoon View Post
    If you get enough crit gear, Bull's Eye isn't really necessary. It's a waste of 1 global cooldown and 2 mins cooldown doesn't make it practical.
    Bullseye is off the GCD, and there's never a reason not to take a free on-demand crit. It's definitely worth a point from Keen Eye or Hasty Departure to keep it.

I'm trying a build similar to this currently, and found that it works pretty well. I'm still not 100% convinced I like the 17 points in Assassin over 17 in NB, though.
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

Shadowlander

those 11 points should be in nightblade

ranged pvp is lame imo.

Nice pve build

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Yoma View Post
    ranged pvp is lame imo.
    You shod think before say any thing. Most rogue tree got a ranged attack most rouge builds got a ranged
    attack so they can catch runners.
    Warriors have ranged attack.
    All mages have ranged attack.
    All clerics.
    So what class are playing who do not have ranged attack?
    Last edited by Haclya; 05-31-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Dao Jones View Post
    I'm trying a build similar to this currently, and found that it works pretty well. I'm still not 100% convinced I like the 17 points in Assassin over 17 in NB, though.
    Can't beat magnify pain.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAki View Post
    those 11 points should be in nightblade
    That's what I was using but I just switched to 11 infi. There might be a minor dmg loss in infil but I do love my some break free and cleanse soul.

Rift Disciple

I'd take out points from assassin and get maxed Focused Intent.

20% more damage overall > 20% damage only when you crit.

In many ways, marksman burst can be more deadly than assassin burst. You're trading 4% overall damage from Cruel Vengence and 20% to crits for 3% more damage to players and 20% more damage to players after a few attacks.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Acro View Post
    I'd take out points from assassin and get maxed Focused Intent.

20% more damage overall > 20% damage only when you crit.

In many ways, marksman burst can be more deadly than assassin burst. You're trading 4% overall damage from Cruel Vengence and 20% to crits for 3% more damage to players and 20% more damage to players after a few attacks.
    I've never used focused intent but it doesn't sound all that amazing in pvp. 30% chance to apply a stacking 2% dmg buff. That's ~30 attacks to get them to max stacks. I don't know about you but I rarely take 30 attacks to kill someone(save for tanks/some clerics).

Quote Originally Posted by Haclya View Post
    You shod think before say any thing. Most rogue tree got a ranged attack most rouge builds got a ranged
    attack so they can catch runners.
    Warriors have ranged attack.
    All mages have ranged attack.
    All clerics.
    So what class are playing who do not have ranged attack?
    yes but its a different if you have some ranged attack in a melee build, f.e. fiery spike or if you going full ranged, leeching points, protected by your crowd. its no skill, just spamming ae and leeching kills, imo.

you will understand my point of view if you think about it.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Yoma View Post
    yes but its a different if you have some ranged attack in a melee build, f.e. fiery spike or if you going full ranged, leeching points, protected by your crowd. its no skill, just spamming ae and leeching kills, imo.

you will understand my point of view if you think about it.
    Who uses AE as ranged?

Imo MM requires the most skill of any class. There are far more skills to use.

"A loss in DPS in PvP"......

wut?

PvP has nothing to do with DPS, it's about burst and playing smart. Eradicate shuts down Wardens completely.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast