+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Role Utilization: Or How I hearned to stop worrying and enjoy the rouge (via lvl40)

Default Role Utilization: Or How I hearned to stop worrying and enjoy the rouge (via lvl40)

What you will see:

To open I decide on my bomber. He can do great AoE, and enemy always bunches up. And then really control some areas. We up against a brutal premade, but manage to get a few points.

After dying enemies locks flag down, i decide on my assassin to try and get fang to mid. Succeed.

Now we are control, I decide some heals and strong finishers may be the best use for me, and in epic fashion we close it out. About as hard fought as it gets.

Role Utilization - Epic Black Garden - 40 Rogue

Whats the point of this? I never see people switch spec in a WF. I see the rogue cry X class is better at Y, whether true or not, you strength isnt in being the best at one thing, but your versatility and ability to make your self the most useful in a given situation.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Click to watch my vidyas.
    140 + PvP, oPvP, PvE all classes.

5.28.11 - The Day the Rogue Forum was Left Speechless.

And servers were down. Well, cheers!
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

I approve this message and this avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzh0le View Post
    Thanks man , I cant believe not one troll response. Its kinda eerie. . . . The servers were even down, when this board is brimming with frustration. I guess the MM spec is keeping them happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzh0le View Post
    Like most of the others, I was a seeker, a mover, a malcontent, and at times a stupid hell-raiser. I was never idle long enough to do much thinking, but I felt somehow that my instincts were right. I shared a vagrant optimism that some of us were making real progress, that we had taken an honest road, and that the best of us would inevitably make it over the top. At the same time, I shared a dark suspicion that the life we were leading was a lost cause, that we were all actors, kidding ourselves along on a senseless odyssey. It was the tension between these two poles - a restless idealism on one hand and a sense of impending doom on the other - that kept me going.
    Last edited by McWaffle; 05-28-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Neat, makes me wanna play some other specs and I like the idea/ease of switching roles right after spawn. Also, bless you for recording in 1080p.

Quote Originally Posted by Castigate View Post
    Neat, makes me wanna play some other specs and I like the idea/ease of switching roles right after spawn. Also, bless you for recording in 1080p.
    Yea I think I was playing at 720, this there is a huge diff?

I can do in 1080 I just think increase in size etc usually isnt worth increase in size. But look at first vids and you see my standards, hah.

And you only need to break combat (inc and outgoing) for 4 secs to switch. I didnt really see the necessity for this as when i do it , i am usually going into a heal spec to close out.
    Last edited by McWaffle; 05-28-2011 at 10:05 PM.

Rift Disciple

Viewable resolution and minimal trying to school people on lvl 50 pvp with lower lvl examples. Much better than your previous posts.

People switch roles in warfronts a lot actually. The cleric that I roll with on my mage and i swap off who's doing damage and who's healing to trip up the guys we just killed who are coming back for revenge, and the best example of role switching is going from a killing spec to a runner spec in whitefall/scion. Also, if you really wanna get fancy with your role switcing, try a 0 point pvp soul. You can use break free then swap in something else with a buff or pet or whatever while it's on cooldown, even in combat.

Flev

Hi Flev ,

You are actually way ahead of the pack if you are thinking in terms of group mechanics.

I dont think a 0 pt PvP soul is an option here as I each spec and tree serves an important roll.

One part I love is the same gear is effective on all 3 builds, and I have a planar focus for rogue that has 25 a whole lot more puch, I just forget to put on.

Rift Disciple

Not sure how to interpret your response to the 0 point soul thing, but I meant put all the points in 2 souls in the build (sin/bd, mm/rng, whatever) and then have the 3rd soul in the build with 0 points. That way you can swap stuff in and out. At 50 it's less viable cause you want to have some points in the pvp soul, but before 50 you can only put 5 in anyway. You don't have to drop out of combat to switch the 3rd soul in the build, but you can't macro it as far as I know.

Flev

Quote Originally Posted by Flevius View Post
    Not sure how to interpret your response to the 0 point soul thing, but I meant put all the points in 2 souls in the build (sin/bd, mm/rng, whatever) and then have the 3rd soul in the build with 0 points. That way you can swap stuff in and out. At 50 it's less viable cause you want to have some points in the pvp soul, but before 50 you can only put 5 in anyway. You don't have to drop out of combat to switch the 3rd soul in the build, but you can't macro it as far as I know.

Flev
    do you mean bringing a 0 - 0 - 0 role?
    Last edited by McWaffle; 05-29-2011 at 11:06 PM.

Plane Touched

Oh my, you are rather dense McMuffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaekal View Post
    Ohh yea? so what exactly did he mean? How am I dense? Have anything to show for yourself?

Thought so, just another cowardly hit and run by someone envious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaekal View Post
    “There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded.”
    Ctrl+Y

thought so

Rift Disciple

No, I mean take all your points and put them in 2 souls, like 51 sin 15 bd, for example, and leave the 3rd soul with 0 points. Then you can put in the pvp soul for break free, and when it's on cooldown put in say ranger for a crappy pet or sabo for something you can do ranged or whatever. You can change that 3rd 0 point soul out even in combat.

Flev

(edit) Once you're 50 and have some prestige ranks you won't want to do this because you'll want to go deeper into the pvp soul, but until P2 you can only put in 5 points anyway. Also, to your comment about thinking in terms of group mechanics earlier, people keep trying to tell you that it's a whole different game at 50. You don't work alone in lvl 50 pvp if you want to win.
    Last edited by Flevius; 05-30-2011 at 10:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast