+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sneaking around in Sanctum.

Soulwalker

Default Sneaking around in Sanctum.

So tonight I decided I would go and try to gank inside sanctum being that I am defiant and .... well I just love ganking. I was met with much dismay when I discovered that trion went completely overboard with city gaurds in this game so much so that guards see right through your stealth and pretty much two shot you. This is pretty stupid game design in a game that they said would be the best for PVP and world PVP.

anyway....

I am wondering if any of you other defiant rogues know of a back way in to sanctum other than the bridge with 10 see through stealth gaurds. Also ... is there an area that is relatively safe within sanctum as in ... not a whole lot of guards?

Rift Disciple

No idea why companies do this. If they are word about player base complaining, offer free transfers to pve shards (oh wait they are).

Remove all the guards from neutral towns also. give word pvp back to the players
    RL 50 Warrior R7 - Sublime (NOIR)~ Briarcliff
    Convict 50 Rogue R2
    Mage alt (39)

Soulwalker

honestly if trion were to address this I would say leave the guards but significantly tone down their damage and only make a few of them "Stealth killers"

When I went to Defiant City to get those artifacts, I used the die and run method.

suggestions
    1. Make sure you are fully soul healed before starting this.

2. Die closer and closer to the walls of the main building
    ( I actually died outside the building but was able to ress inside)

3. Save Soul walk for once you are just about where you need to be to get the item you want (artifact I am guessing)

4. And for those who are very smart, I would create a char on that side and scout around to where things are located and any short cuts I could use to get where I need to be.
    Last edited by Kulta; 05-28-2011 at 02:01 AM.
    Have you ever wanted to?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kulta View Post
    When I went to Defiant City to get those artifacts, I used the die and run method.

suggestions
    1. Make sure you are fully soul healed before starting this.

2. Die closer and closer to the walls of the main building
    ( I actually died outside the building but was able to ress inside)

3. Save Soul walk for once you are just about where you need to be to get the item you want (artifact I am guessing)

4. And for those who are very smart, I would create a char on that side and scout around to where things are located and any short cuts I could use to get where I need to be.

Or remove guards so taking over cities is fun?
    RL 50 Warrior R7 - Sublime (NOIR)~ Briarcliff
    Convict 50 Rogue R2
    Mage alt (39)

Quote Originally Posted by Kott0n View Post
    Or remove guards so taking over cities is fun?
    Don't remove them, but make them as they were before.
    Sanctum and Meridian are the home cities for the factions. If people are scared of
    a gank they can always unflag from PvP. Also I don't understand why it is easymode
    to get into Meridian and (almost) impossible to get into Sanctum?

To answer the OP:
    Have a second account or have a friend create a Guardian alt.
    Place it somewhere on the Meridian walls where you can climb high enough to be close
    to the walls AND have LOS to that toon (yes, there are places!).
    Shadow Stalk!
    Now sneak around CAREFULLY and find the safe area and place the guild banner to summon your guild.
    Last edited by Nenah; 05-28-2011 at 03:31 AM.

I would say the respawn point for dying insdie sanctum is located in moonshade highlands 10m corpse run ftw.
    And that you arent flagged inside capitol cities even on PVP servers make no sense.

That together with the guard crazyness is the biggest problems

ive never seen sanctum because as a defiant i cannot get to it. it is very easy for a guardian to get to meridian but unless you bring a raid you cannot cross the bridge into sanctum!!!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Plane Touched

I was also thoroughly put down by the 50 yard stealth sight guards who run up and 2 shot you. Yes they hit for 4k. I always played on a PvE WoW server, but I LIVED for flagging pvp and heading out to some random horde town to pick a fight.

Trion, I sincerely BEG you to do something similar. Guards that can turn the tide and protect in numbers, but still completely reasonable for us fight-pickers.

I found a perfect happy medium for gameplay for myself. I always roll PvE to have fun levelling and questing with friends free of interruption. I then do battlegrounds to get gear and kill time so that I can ultimately go pick fights with others like me who enjoy world pvp. Please....

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    ive never seen sanctum because as a defiant i cannot get to it. it is very easy for a guardian to get to meridian but unless you bring a raid you cannot cross the bridge into sanctum!!!
    Read what I wrote above.
    If you want to go to Sanctum you DON'T go across the bridge!

Rift Disciple

i tried the exact same thing one evening. i spent a couple hours scouting the entire island sanctum sits on and could not find a back entrance. the cliffs are too steep to scale. the die and run meathod seems like the only way. i managed to get past the bridge guards by soulwalking but died relatively quickly after rez because i couldn't locate a safe spot quick enough. i think sanctum really needs to be scouted with a guardian alt first. i didn't have the patience to level an alt so went back to warfronts.
    Last edited by Breece; 05-28-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Shadowlander

Just not the same as being able to rip the auctioneers up in stormwind is it...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kott0n View Post
    No idea why companies do this. If they are word about player base complaining, offer free transfers to pve shards (oh wait they are).

Remove all the guards from neutral towns also. give word pvp back to the players
    There is a difference between world pvp and having a group of enemies camp your town because they can.
    With Faith and Fury I fight on.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by themetalt View Post
    So tonight I decided I would go and try to gank inside sanctum being that I am defiant and .... well I just love ganking. I was met with much dismay when I discovered that trion went completely overboard with city gaurds in this game so much so that guards see right through your stealth and pretty much two shot you. This is pretty stupid game design in a game that they said would be the best for PVP and world PVP.

anyway....

I am wondering if any of you other defiant rogues know of a back way in to sanctum other than the bridge with 10 see through stealth gaurds. Also ... is there an area that is relatively safe within sanctum as in ... not a whole lot of guards?
    You are one sad human being...You don't even realize how sad you are.

the main reason for me to play mmo´s is ganking and especially city infiltration ..
    ive found ways to get anywhere in sanctum.. the main building is very very risky but also possible.. there are some nice spots to gank people without any guards nearby.. and also a spot where you can kick people in the water when they run by.. i can even do it without dieing once..

i already thought about making a video guide.. but im a bit scared that trion buffs the guards even more because obviously they dont want rogue city infiltrations at all.. and tbh im the only one on my shard that does this at all.. ive never seen another rogue in sanctum..

some tips:

1. there is a back entrance.. you have to do some mountain climbing.. so a spec with 32 in riftstalker helps alot..
    2. slip away is you single most imortant spell for this.. even tho guards can see throu stealth.. the 3 seconds of slip away not only drop aggro.. but also prevents guards from seeing you for the duration.. combine this with speed enhancing spells & riftstalker warp / shift and you can get past any guard
    3. non guards cannot see through stealth and have a relativlly low aggro range + dont do much damage
    4. nightblade immunities are pointless to get past guards.. why? because guards have spells to make you turn around and face different directions..
    5. a cheap backup tactic is to join any warfront queque and wait for it to pop up.. you can instantly join and survive if slip away is down.. you cant combine this with defer death as you will lose soul vitality when you join the wf and die.. (now that i got the tactic down i dont need to use this trick anymore..)

its best to have 2 (3 if you are r6) specs for this:

the main spec is 34 sin 32 rift.. flashback if you fall down in the water while stalking / climbing and you can get away to a safe spot if a gank attempt failed.. slip away + shadow warp & shift to get past guards.. and you get some defense tools which always helps..

second spec is 31 sin 35 mm.. its the sniper spec.. especially useful if you have a gun (no arrow trails).. get in a nice sniper spot where nobody sees you.. pop cds and burst one target down.. if he was near a guard that attacks you.. just slip away..
    you can burst down even 50s with all cds and they dont even know what hit them..

3rd spec i havent tested yet as im only r5.. is a 31 sin 21 inf X riftstalker spec.. you get a second slip away (step into the shadows) for maximum security while sneaking past guards.. its a bit over the top as you wont need another slip away if you do everything right..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast