+ Reply to Thread

Thread: can a rogue kill a warrior help plz

Soulwalker

Default can a rogue kill a warrior help plz

Is there anyway to kill a dps warrior, if so plz give me a spec i hit him for 100 to 500 and he stun me and i'm dead he can: pull in, charge, stun, fear, 3 button to mash i've got to many buttons to damage, dots then finishing move. I've set up macros but cant seem to get them down i'm rank 4 close to rank 5 got all my valor gear tried changing spec range close combat bard lol no luck

Are we just support dps i know there are some player that are over the top

Champion

Yes, they can.

Rift Disciple

I lol'd thank you man
    RL 50 Warrior R7 - Sublime (NOIR)~ Briarcliff
    Convict 50 Rogue R2
    Mage alt (39)

Rift Disciple

Killing a warrior has been my goal for a week now... They do that tank spec with 80 buffs, and eradicate will not purge any of them off.. and it annoys me to no end. More so, when they can kill me just be looking my way.

Melee specs have the damage needed, but are soo squishie, range specs are really just too squishie. If you go deep enough in riftstalker to get guardian phase, they will ignore you, kill your healer and then kill you

Fell blades for the healing debuff seems to be mandatory, since eradicate is worthless, but the elemental damage of nightblade seems iffy... since it seems to be the magic tanking void knight that they are dipping into

Assassin does good damage to warriors who are looking at someone else.. but it's still iffy, and if one of those 'ifs' is, if they don't have heals.. you're outta luck.

Rogues just don't seem to have the tools necessary to take a warrior down. They can help others to take 'em down.. but on their own, nope.

So I'm moving onto a build to rip casters apart.. I've given up on warriors.

Rogues are not suited to kill warriors, thats why you yell on vent to your mage buddy to switch targets and kill the warrior toting the shield. This is a team based game after all, I'm sure you were not referring to purely 1 vs 1 scenarios exclusively.

Shadowlander

Not sure if serious..............

Warriors are like tasty little cakes, waiting to be gobbled up by my assassin.
    Use all your DoTs and slip away to your greatest advantage, and youll always win 1v1 vs a warrior.

32pt assassin will destroy any warrior build, blade dancer builds will beat them in straight up combat, nightblade builds will burn through tanks.

The only warrior spec you have any excuse losing to is 51pt riftblade.

(Gear)

oui
    Rift Disciple

I KILLED ONE ONCE!!!

but he was afk.

I'd say it depends on their build. I've killed a lot of warriors on my rogue -using my sin, mm, or nb. The ONLY one I sometimes have trouble with are those that spec 8 points into reaver (or is it paladin?), and get that full health heal.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Prophet of Telara

If you are Assassin, use Serpent Strike + Bleeds. This will kill them fast.

If you are MM, it will take some time since all you really have is physical attacks, but you should be able to kite most of them.

If you are Nightblade, you should have enough non-physical attacks that they drop fairly fast.

Quote Originally Posted by xaed View Post
    I'd say it depends on their build. I've killed a lot of warriors on my rogue -using my sin, mm, or nb. The ONLY one I sometimes have trouble with are those that spec 8 points into reaver (or is it paladin?), and get that full health heal.
    think thats the paladin three.

yeah i can get some warriors down,
    PR6ers are hard tho but aslong i get to open the figth
    with para punct deadly strike = deadly dance + serpent strike then u got them outta
    balance thinking of getting their life back,

sometimes its not enough tho since some
    warriors accidently coughing ur way and u end up dead.
    but hay at least its a 50/50
    as long u get to start the figth ur way =)
    [lvl 50 rogue][icewatch][51sin/15inf/0ranger][defiant
    http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/Narwhals/

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejoy411 View Post
    Is there anyway to kill a dps warrior, if so plz give me a spec i hit him for 100 to 500 and he stun me and i'm dead he can: pull in, charge, stun, fear, 3 button to mash i've got to many buttons to damage, dots then finishing move. I've set up macros but cant seem to get them down i'm rank 4 close to rank 5 got all my valor gear tried changing spec range close combat bard lol no luck

Are we just support dps i know there are some player that are over the top
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...oz..tMtRVdAudo

Open with para strike, hit retreat, use Strafe, finish with rapid fire then use imp hit and run, use emp shot, when at 5 pts use bull's eye,then dead eye shot, then spam emp shot and de shot. Once hit and run is gone, reload and repeat. IF he isnt dead by then WTF. lol If he gets in your face use on the double, foul play, blinding powder, retreat, or hasted shot to get some distance lol
    Last edited by Gambina; 05-28-2011 at 10:10 PM.

Shield of Telara

Depends on the warrior soul as well.

Some warriors go with tank builds, and some tank builds block your bleeds and reflect damage back at you.

If it's a dps build, you can take them out pretty easily with bleeds, as long as they don't have a pocket healer.

Soulwalker

Default ty

ty for all your advice i will try these thinks out i'm glad to see that there are some that are willing to help a rogue out ty you again
    Last edited by Lovejoy411; 05-30-2011 at 07:24 PM.

Soulwalker

As a combat bard... you have no hopes in hell going 1 on 1 vs anything....

You're a support healer... though if you go 40 pts in bard and 8 pts in nightblade and the rest in rift thingy... you can be a very viable and strong... fully buffed up and using all your heals.... you can have 3-4 people pound on you while you continue to heal and support your group... that's the added armor bonus, the 5% dam reduction from bard, the 15% dam reduction from rift finisher... the 6% dam reduction from rift talent... increased healing received talent... and a few other bonuses... you can keep one CC with your bard skill... and rotate around the 3-4 guys attacking you so they don't actually get immune... and you can do that plane shift to dance out of their range a little at a time.

honestly dunno how viable it is at level 50... but I'm at level 48 at the moment and it helps alot... rarely die and survive long enough for team mates to pick on those picking on you... and you're continuously healing the team with your aoe stuff :P

Once I hit 50 might junk my nightblade soul for the pvp soul and see what kind of survival stuff I get from there and drop my bard skill to 32 pts instead of 40.... but keep riftwalker at 18 for the survival stuff.

+ Reply to Thread