+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard with Deadly Dance. I dunno nothing about rotations. Can anyone help?

Soulwalker

Default Bard with Deadly Dance. I dunno nothing about rotations. Can anyone help?

So I just started a bard http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ckVikskVz.VV0h and want to know what my rotation would be. Using Coda of Fury/Wrath until whenever the situation calls for restoration. If anyone could cut and paste what to do I would appreciate it greatly. Also would taking out 4 from either street performer or street presence and using them to fill out an extra 12% damage in deafening music really gimp the group that severely?

Rift Disciple

Build 5 points. Deadly Strike.

One Cadence+puncture or one cadence+keen strike/quickstrike/precision strike if you need to up dps.

Three Cadence after using deadly strike to heal people up.

Deadly strike buffed cadence=same hps as 2 cadence+heal finisher.
    Whitejackale
    <Iconic Fatality>

Telaran

You don't want deafening music. When you're in damage mode you're going to be using Deadly Strike and Compound Attack for 1 and 3 mob pulls, you'll only touch Coda of Fury when fighting lots of stuff. When you're in healing mode you're gonna be alternating Deadly Strike and Coda of Restoration. That said, moving 4 points out of Stage Presence to get Blade Tempo is perfectly viable, it's really up to you if you'd rather have the higher personal dps or slightly better buffs/the res.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by deathjackal View Post

No.

/10chars
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by deathjackal View Post
    Build 5 points. Deadly Strike.

One Cadence+puncture or one cadence+keen strike/quickstrike/precision strike if you need to up dps.

Three Cadence after using deadly strike to heal people up.

No.

Deadly Strike buffed Cadence is the same hps as 2 Cadence, but then you lose a GCD of heals by spamming Deadly Strike.

It works out to about the same hps of cadence + healing finisher -- it just does a ton more damage.
    Last edited by Ampere; 05-27-2011 at 11:41 PM.
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    No.

Deadly Strike buffed Cadence is the same hps as 2 Cadence, but then you lose a GCD of heals by spamming Deadly Strike.

It works out to about the same hps of cadence + healing finisher -- it just does a ton more damage.
    Cadence scales with gear and raid buffs. So if you geat sucks, I agree cadence + deadly strike equals cadence +coda in hps.
    But for me and my gear, cadence + deadly strike is a lot more. I am havign cadence crit for 600 so yeah...

+ Reply to Thread