+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Savage Strike vs Keen/ Quick Strike

Shadowlander

Default Savage Strike vs Keen/ Quick Strike

I plan on being a 51 sin / 15 bd / o inf rogue for pvp when i hit 50. I was looking at some of the bladedancer abilities and i saw quick strike does more damage than sabage and keen does the same, so with that being said is it like that at 50? And if it is is the damage better than savage that has 10% more crit chance?

Soulwalker

As a 51 sin, you want to be using Savage Strike. As well as the 10% crit, you also have 15% increased damage when behind the target. Backstab when it's available, SS when it's not.Quick Strike is only available after using Keen Strike so it's not spammable.

In pvp it's not always easy to remain behind a target but it's easier than you would think.

Soulwalker

edit (in new post grr): your combo point builder is just a filler, you're mostly relying on your opener, puncture, impale, serrated blades and poison procs. Poisons work surprisingly well in pvp as a 51 point sin, especially with Poison Malice up which it almost always is for a fresh opener out of stealth.

Telaran

If you were a 32 Sin, I'd say go Keen/Quick. I dabbled in BD for a bit, with a 32Sin/BD/RS build, and using Keen followed by Precision/Quick was better than Savage... and even good enough for me to kick Backstab to the curb*.

However, since you're 51 in you should stick to Savage. As mentioned, extra crit and extra damage from behind, Keen/Quick won't compare. If you had Precision Strike, maybe, but that requires 16 points in.

*Regarding Backstab, for a sub-51 Sin I find it's requirement to attack from behind a needless hassle.

BD subs can stick with Keen/Precision/Quick, RS subs can slam Rift Disturbance for equal AoE damage with a debuff, and anybody else could probably find a better option.

However, if you're speccing into Double Cross, like say a 51 Sin, it's worthwhile. Just thought I'd clarify, before I get the "WTF no Backstab, noob!" replies. :)

Definitely needs either a damage boost or removal of the CD, the trouble of getting someone's back isn't worth Backstab alone at the moment.

+ Reply to Thread