+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I love my Rogue, but I have some noobie questions ^_^

Default I love my Rogue, but I have some noobie questions ^_^

I've been playing for the better part of 2 weeks now, am lvl 25 and have all 9 of the Rogue souls (the 8 normal ones and the pvp infiltrator one)

From what I can tell I have found 3 distinct "roles" that I like to fill while playing, and those depend on what I am doing.

PvP - Stealth Assassin, I have problems on the Codex Warfront, but dominate black Isle

PvE (Open World Solo) - I started out as an assassin but want to know if Ranger would be better.

PvE - Dungeons - Bard, I play pure bard so I have nearly instant que times. It is super boring just spaming 1-4 but there is never any wait and I can knock out 2 or 3 dungeon runs a night.

Ok, with that out of the way, here are my questions.

Bard - Is there a way I can macro the 4 "buffs" onto one key so I dont have to spam them individually? I dont have a problem watching my effect list and remembering to recast them. I am a novice when it comes to macro's, I get how to setup my assassin attacks onto one key, but the bard ones wont work. It just cast's the first one over and over. I want to press 1 key and have all of them cast in succession automatically. Any way to do this?

PvE - Solo, I am thinking Ranger with a pet might be better than an Assassin. I tend to do the open world quests alone, whats the best soul combination for Rogues who want to solo the open world?

PvP - I always seem to lose on the Codex (control point) WF, and win in Black Isle (The CTF type one). My problem on Codex is distance, any helpful tips for playing an Assassin on the Codex WF?

Thanks for any advice you guys can give!

My Rift Diary: Rift Diary

You cant macro anything that is instant or it will just keep doing whatever you have to cast first over and over again.Unless of course you have one instant cast at the end of macro and the rest before it cool downs.
    Last edited by SsXTricKeY; 05-27-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Qwicked View Post
    Bard - Is there a way I can macro the 4 "buffs" onto one key so I dont have to spam them individually?

PvE - Solo, I am thinking Ranger with a pet might be better than an Assassin. I tend to do the open world quests alone, whats the best soul combination for Rogues who want to solo the open world?

PvP - I always seem to lose on the Codex (control point) WF, and win in Black Isle (The CTF type one). My problem on Codex is distance, any helpful tips for playing an Assassin on the Codex WF?
    1. There is no way to wrap all your motifs into 1 macro. =/

2. Assassin has better survivability for sneaking around, avoiding trouble, and getting out of trouble. Ranger has better survivability in combat due to the pet tank.

Here are two ranged attack roles I use for solo PvE. First one has better dps, second one has better survivability:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ckskzz.xMx0V0V
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ksk0z.VcdVV0ko

3. No idea, I don't PvP. =/
    Last edited by Threx; 05-27-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Threx View Post
    1. There is no way to wrap all your motifs into 1 macro. =/

2. Assassin has better survivability for sneaking around, avoiding trouble, and getting out of trouble. Ranger has better survivability in combat due to the pet tank.

Here are two ranged attack roles I use for solo PvE. First one has better dps, second one has better survivability:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ckskzz.xMx0V0V
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ksk0z.VcdVV0ko

3. No idea, I don't PvP. =/
    1- yeah that sucks I just thought it would be easy to cast all 4 with one key press but oh well

2- hmmm both of those are for lvl 50 characters so I dont have all the points but I think I will end up going the DPS heavy way

My Rift Diary: Rift Diary

Plane Touched

Bard reminds me of sharman in warcraft, he also had 4 totoms he needed to cast to be effective. However the wow develpers after 5 years of hell put all 4 totoms on one button, all you can do is hope rift does the same someday.

Soulwalker

There is a way to macro your motifs into one button to press but its not though the games macro screen. The way i have it set up is i have all of them programed into one button press with my g510 keyboard with a 1.15 sec delay between button presses as so it wont clip and skip one works like a charm.

+ Reply to Thread