+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 51pt Sin PvP kinda.. meh?

Telaran

Default 51pt Sin PvP kinda.. meh?

Hey Guys,

So I've tried two specs, 51SIN/13Inf/2MM and 51SIN/BD/Inf for Deadly Dance, and here' sthe problems I'm running into.

1. No Closers. Ugh this is the most painful. I'm constantly getting kited. the /2MM and Flash of Steel kind of compensate for it, but they're nowhere near /RS for closing effectiveness.

2. Serpent Strike seems kind of meh as far as damage goes. That may be a gear thing as I'm only in Rank 2 gear, but 1.3K Crits are about the highend I see on SS, which seems underwhelming for a 51pt ability.

So am I doing it wrong? Gear thing? Missing something? Anyone give me some insight here?

Quote Originally Posted by Itharr View Post
    Hey Guys,

So I've tried two specs, 51SIN/13Inf/2MM and 51SIN/BD/Inf for Deadly Dance, and here' sthe problems I'm running into.

1. No Closers. Ugh this is the most painful. I'm constantly getting kited. the /2MM and Flash of Steel kind of compensate for it, but they're nowhere near /RS for closing effectiveness.

2. Serpent Strike seems kind of meh as far as damage goes. That may be a gear thing as I'm only in Rank 2 gear, but 1.3K Crits are about the highend I see on SS, which seems underwhelming for a 51pt ability.

So am I doing it wrong? Gear thing? Missing something? Anyone give me some insight here?
    It's beyond me how you can crit for 1,3k with SS.
    I did a max of 1,6k one day and I have full rank 6 gear and legendary weapon.

Telaran

Default :P

Deadly Dance..

Shield of Telara

If you have deadly dance, then surely you got the 70% sprint...

PS. With P6 gear and P4 daggers, I've had Serpents crit for 2000+
    Last edited by Stevoli; 05-27-2011 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    It's beyond me how you can crit for 1,3k with SS.
    I did a max of 1,6k one day and I have full rank 6 gear and legendary weapon.
    I have seen as high as 2800 serpent strike. Deadly dance makes it possible. I have full rank 6 gear, no legendary, just T2 daggers.
    Aprilswift <Maximation>
    Prestige Rank 8

Telaran

Default So....

So it sounds like 51pt sin is better off for someone with upper tier gear already. I think for now I might just stick with SIN/BD/INF (32/21/13) till I get R4+.

Champion of Telara

My advice: Don't even think about going melee rogue until you have weapons of 29.2 DPS or better(aka rank 4 equivilant).

Instead, pick up a defensive based class like riftstalker, and a range class, and mix it up that way. IE: marksman and riftstalker. Don't even really think about going offensively with range unless you have a 36.0 dps bow(you can buy one on the AH sometimes).

The bottom line is that without those things, it doesn't matter what you do, you won't be killing people with more valor. But lucky for you, you don't need to get KB's and such to get favor/prestige.

So stick with a defensive type build so that you stay alive. Do some damage and help out where you can, but you need those defensive abilities to stay alive. Warp around, use the endurance buff, and so on. The range damage allows you to keep your distance which = better survivability.

In the end, over the course of the warfront you will do MORE overall damage and get MORE kb's because you were alive. Dead people do no DPS. Meanwhile you be farming the most favor and prestige simply by being alive, while all the rank1 people who came in thinking they were gonna be awesome are sitting in the gy not getting any favor/prestige.

Stay in the back and protect your healers. You'll get plenty of juicy targets coming in without much if any backup(aka 51 sin rogues with better weapons - maybe). CC the targets and/or help burn them down. And of course you'll always be in range of heals to live longer. That healer will notice if someone attacks you instead, and will usually try to help as they know they are next if you die.

Don't even think about 51 pt sin until then. I tried it multiple times after dmv posted it, and it sucked royally for me. Not enough burst to make a big difference, and then you get kited. Once you get 29.2 dps weapons it starts to work a bit better because your opening burst is way more meaningful. Until then, it absolutely sucks.

Plus, as far as 51 sin/15 inf goes, you can't even get the offensive talents in 15 inf until P4.
    Last edited by perlfreak; 05-27-2011 at 01:27 PM.

Telaran

Default ...

Stay in the back and protect your healers. You'll get plenty of juicy targets coming in without much if any backup(aka 51 sin rogues with better weapons - maybe). CC the targets and/or help burn them down. And of course you'll always be in range of heals to live longer. That healer will notice if someone attacks you instead, and will usually try to help as they know they are next if you die.
    This is actually the bulk of what I do now. I'm either running Sourcestones or I'm hanging at the bridge watching my wifes back (She's a healer).

Appreciate the advice tho!

Prophet of Telara

IMHO, Serpent Strike without Deadly Dance sucks for a 51 point ability. They should move Deadly Dance deeper(so 51 Assassins can't get it), and then buff Serpent Strike to how to how it currently performs WITH Deadly Dance.
    Last edited by Calo; 05-27-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Rift Chaser

Try pickup up sab, even 0 points, gives you an aoe slow and a ranged finsher, makes a huge difference.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    IMHO, Serpent Strike without Deadly Dance sucks for a 51 point ability. They should move Deadly Dance deeper(so 51 Assassins can't get it), and then buff Serpent Strike to how to how it currently performs WITH Deadly Dance.
    It's an even trade off IMO. You can spec 15 inf for more steady DPS + armor penetration, cleanse soul, break free; or 15 BD for more burst, dodge bonus, 70% sprint, etc.
    Last edited by Stevoli; 05-27-2011 at 03:53 PM.

51sin 15infil 0mm.

I admit, I haven't looked at the inf soul much (having just hit 50), but I was wondering -is there any point in going deep into the pvp inf tree?

(I've played 51 assasin, mixing in some bladedancer for mobility)

prefer 21 BD / 33 SIN / 12 Infiltrator

plenty of closures
    ?

Soulwalker

I really wanted a 51 sin when I made the character but Sin works better as either a support to other specs, or when being supported by other specs.

Riftstalker/Sin is crazy good in pvp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast