+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Range Sabo Raiding Guide - Patch 1.2 (Revised)

Telaran

Default Range Sabo Raiding Guide - Patch 1.2 (Revised)

Original Thread HERE. Cleaned up a bit, added some notes, and tweaked rotations.

Spec
    Sabo-44 // Sin-20 // Ranger-2

This spec is really simple, and fun to play. It truly allows you to maximize your raid awareness, while being effective as a DPS. This build is effective as both melee and range. I'd recommend this to any rogue, and it's by far my favorite to play.

Key Talents

Saboteur
    • Residual Shrapnel - Shrapnel Charge deals an additional 50% damage over 6 seconds.
    • Improved Spike Charge - Increases the duration of your Spike Charge by 6 seconds.
    • Improved Detonate - Increases the damage of your Detonate by 25%.
    • Increased Explosive Power - Increases the damage of your Charges by 15%.
    • Remote Clipping - Increases Charges / Detonate range by 10 meters
    • Nimble Fingers - Increases your Dexterity by 15%.
    • Charge Booster - Detonate w/5 CP's fire off a Booster Charge, dealing 50% weapon damage. The total damage dealt is increased by 15% for every point spent over 21.
    Assassin
    • Magnify Pain - Increases your Critical Hit damage and healing bonus by 20%.
    • Cruel Vengeance - Your Critical Hit attacks increase your damage by 10% for 10 seconds.
    • Murderous Intent - Increases your Physical damage by 4%.
    • Ruthlessness - Increases your Critical Hit chance by 5%.
    • Poison Potency - Increases the damage your Poison abilities deal by 15%.
    Ranger
    • Eagle Eye - Increases your Critical Hit chance by 2%.

Buffs
    • Virulent Poison - Weapon Damage has a 20% chance to deal 54 Water damage.
    • Lethal Poison - Weapon Damage has a 20% chance to deal 39 Water damage and increase the Critical Hit chance against the enemy by 5% for 15 seconds.

Macro's

#show Incriminate
    cast @focus Incriminate
    cast Detonate

Note: It's nice to just spam click this after pre-loadin a boss/mobs with 5x stacks as the tank charges in. Also I use a simple /focus macro so I can change incriminate targets on the fly if need be.

Abbreviations
    • SP= Spike Charge
    • SC= Shrapnel Charge
    • DE= Detonate
    • CB= Carpet Bombing
    • FB= Fragmentation Bomb
    • AB= Annihilation Bomb
    • QS= Quick Shot
    • INC = Incriminate

Rotations

Note: Always use your Incriminate at start to help tank build threat. Only use Expose Weakness in openers, or if you are waiting for Spike Charge Dot to run out.

Single Target (Opener)
    • SPx5 > EW > INC > DE
    • SCx5 > DE
    Single Target (Basic)
    • SPx5 > DE
    • SCx5 > DE
    Note: Alternate between these. When reapplying Spike charge, make sure that the previous rotations dot has fallen off before hitting Detonate.

Single Target (Low-Health)
    • QS (spam this)
    Note: If your able to build 5 combo points, and pull off a Head Shot, then u messed up and should have stayed with the basic rotation.

Multi Target (2+ Mobs Opener)
    • SPx5 > EW > INC > AB > DE
    • SCx5 > DE
    Note: Keep using SCx5 > DE until low-health

Multi Target (2+ Mobs Low-Health)
    • FB > AB > CB > FBx3 > AB or
    • AB > FB > CB > ABx3 > FB
    Note: FB & AB do similar damage but AB also stuns adds. Both are suitable when AoE Packs are getting low on health. Booby Trap spam can also be used if in melee range.

Overview

There's alot of reasons this spec is full of win,. Here's a few that stick out to me:
    • Using Ranger or Marksman allows this to be a ranged spec. I choose Ranger for an extra 2%crit. Some may go with Marksmen so Swift shot can increase there run speed. Some may opt for 22points in Assassin, then swap the 3rd tree to whatever they want depending on the situation.
    • The 44 points in Sabo grants an ability which makes your Detonate bleed for 6 secs. This bleed, added to Spike Charge and Shrapnel bleed keep damage constantly rolling.
    • Charges are considered Poisons, therefore Poison Potency increases there damage by 15%
    If you have any question's, comments, or constructive criticism by all means have at it.
    Last edited by Arafeek; 05-27-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Although it requires melee range Booby Trap > Quick Shot for low HP Spam even on single targets. I use it all the time single or multi target when HP is too low to get another 5 charge detonate off.

Booby Trap does 400-600 depending on buffs, but can't crit, and only costs 20 Energy.

My quick shot does like 330 on a crit, and costs 30 energy.

I also use Booby Trap for things like Gatekeeper/Caretaker in DSM. For Gatekeeper 5x Shrap -> Det -> Booby Trap Spam

For Caretaker preload 4x Spike on each crystal -> 1x Spike -> Det -> 5x Shrap -> Det and depending on group dps I usually start booby trap spam here, though sometimes can squeeze in 5x Shrap/Blast but that might be cutting DPS close.

Now for those few fights that aren't even worth bothering getting up close Quick Shot works.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Rift Disciple

A couple of suggestions:

For Single and Multi Target (when targets health is low)
    Just maintain your rotation and Hit DE early when you believe that the target has less than 2 seconds left to live. The minor drop in DPS is not worth changing your rotation. The mob is about to die, at most you might miss a charge or two. If the target is still alive then drop a Frag bomb on him.

For Multi Target (2-4 mobs)
    1. SP > SP > SP > SP > SP > AB > DE
    2. SC > SC > SC > SC > SC > DE
    3. CB
    Repeat 1 & 2 up to four more times
    By using Carpet Bomb you make it so that you can use this rotation up to 5 times total, that will be 60 seconds and that should be the total duration of the fight.
    The reason for using AB is to let the SP charges affect 3 mobs instead of only one.

Rift Master

What the hell is EW?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by dbmoreland View Post
    A couple of suggestions:

For Single and Multi Target (when targets health is low)
    Just maintain your rotation and Hit DE early when you believe that the target has less than 2 seconds left to live. The minor drop in DPS is not worth changing your rotation. The mob is about to die, at most you might miss a charge or two. If the target is still alive then drop a Frag bomb on him.

For Multi Target (2-4 mobs)
    1. SP > SP > SP > SP > SP > AB > DE
    2. SC > SC > SC > SC > SC > DE
    3. CB
    Repeat 1 & 2 up to four more times
    By using Carpet Bomb you make it so that you can use this rotation up to 5 times total, that will be 60 seconds and that should be the total duration of the fight.
    The reason for using AB is to let the SP charges affect 3 mobs instead of only one.
    You are absolutely correct.. We went over this in the other thread, I knew I was gunna forget something.. Damnit I can't edit anymore =(

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Konji View Post
    What the hell is EW?
    Another thing I left out. Full of fail today..

EW= Expose Weakness

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konji View Post
    What the hell is EW?
    Expose Weakness

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

Also, is there any rhyme or reason only the first tick of High Explosive can crit, and the following ones do not?

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by StealthStalker View Post
    Also, is there any rhyme or reason only the first tick of High Explosive can crit, and the following ones do not?
    I have no clue.. But I can confirm the same happens to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafeek View Post
    I have no clue.. But I can confirm the same happens to me.
    They need to make it so Charge Booster can crit too. Currenlty CB is only ~27 DPS for me. Not bad I guess for a passive 1 point talent, no where else to really spend the point either.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Shield of Telara

I gotta say I've been a fan of this build for a while now. If for no other reason it seems to annoy people how easily you can put up great dps numbers.

From a BM warrior in xCC the other day just after the Gronik fight "jfc man how do you pull that much dps i've been watching you the entire run and it doesnt look like you use more than 2 abilities".

^^ now while that isnt entirely accurate (we use a few more than 2 abilities in this build) it is hilarious to watch people react to what looks like an extremely lazy dps'er putting up the best dps in the group.

p.s. i also think this is how sab's have always gotten a bad rep for being easy mode. 1) it pretty much is and 2) it LOOKS like we arent really doing anything lol.

So you don't use start attack macros for spike and shrap charge?
    What a wonderful smell you've discovered!

Quote Originally Posted by cyan421 View Post
    So you don't use start attack macros for spike and shrap charge?
    I personally don't so i can pre load charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Alder View Post
    I personally don't so i can pre load charges.
    I have separate buttons for pre loading charges.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

+ Reply to Thread