+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to solo minor rifts as rogue?

Soulwalker

Default How to solo minor rifts as rogue?

Hello!
    How can I as a rogue solo minor rifts? First four stages is easy but the elite I cant manage to get down.

What souls is easiest to solo these elites? I tried bard/ranger/xx but with no luck. The elite outdmg my healing on the pet.

Sab/bard/xx doesnt work either as the boss cant be cc:ed.

Please help me

Take points in RS and BD. Defensive CD's. Then personally I'd main NB for offensive and use Dark Malady > Fiery Spike -> Dust Strike

Then you can move onto the actual damage phase:

Scourge of Darkness -> Blade Tempo -> Ebon Fury -> Dust strike to 5cp and hit with whatever.

Nothing out of a minor rift is surviving that.

Rift Disciple

if you want a slow and boring method go bard / ranger, pet tanks and keep the pet healed with bard skills and the ranger pet, usually works up to around 450 dps from the mobs depending on gear

Champion

If the elite spawns alone, rely on burst. Most of the elites that spawn in stage 5 of a minor rift can be stunned and CC'd, so an Assassin spec is not a bad idea. You can also go Bard/Ranger and mez kite (i.e. cadence, power chord, coda of wrath, mez, move to max range, repeat).

If not, you want a build with 3/3 Rift Scavenger. Use cleaves and kill its adds first, relying on Rift Scavenger to heal you after each add dies. By the time you're left with just the boss, you'll have it at 2/3 health.
    Last edited by Ampere; 05-27-2011 at 11:23 AM.
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Valsheres View Post
    if you want a slow and boring method go bard / ranger, pet tanks and keep the pet healed with bard skills and the ranger pet, usually works up to around 450 dps from the mobs depending on gear
    ^This. It's not the fastest thing ever, but a bard/ranger can do it without breaking a sweat. Put up buffs, send in pet, and use your cadence heal to dps and heal your pet at the same time.
    ~~If you like to protect players, roll a tank. If you like doing damage, roll a dps. If you want the power to choose who lives and who dies, it's probably a good thing you're playing a video game.~~

Champion

been doing a bunch with a 51sin build.

burst down all the trash and then on boss use the green crystals (any any others laying around) and pew pew him down.

Saving the crystals for the last boss makes a huge difference (unless no greens spawned, use some to try and get em to spawn some new ones)

course there is easier ways, pet tank builds, bard/sab combos etc, but any build should manage the final boss with crystal use (bar perhaps RS due to low damage)

(1) Summon piggy.
    Piggy loves to take a beating.

(2) Put your HoT on piggy.
    Piggy whimpers in joy!

(3) Ask if piggy wants to nibble on bad guys.
    If so, send it in.

(4) Click your attack buttons randomly.
    It's fairly simple.

PS. No, you can't aoe the whole rift down at the same time!! ;)
    "The universe is a machine where you have been placed, and like a machine the outcome can be known. Every battle has already been won or lost. All that is left is for you to choose your side."

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Valsheres View Post
    Well I tried this method but my pet still dies even if I use cadance + pet heal. Maybe I could give it a new try nw with some more gear I got.

Soulwalker

I just want to clerify that I dont have any problem at all with stages 1-4. Its the 20k+ hp elite that hits like a truck thats a problem for me.

Shadowlander

The secret, as was mentioned before, is the crystals. Try to get as many green ones available to you at the end as possible, a full three stack of those will be healing extremely quickly. Try to run around and use up the non-greens on earlier phases so you can have green crystals up at the start f the final phase or just before, and try to have a stack or two up (or at least be standing by one) when you engage the final elite at the end.

It's those crystals that have been allowing me to effectively farm the egg shells each day.

Shield of Telara

pretty much anything works as long as you know how to kite and use snares/cc properly. Even elite bosses are not immune to snares most the time and stuns/cc some of the time. Just drop big dmg and run out.

Rift Disciple

Default Re: How to solo minor rifts as rogue?

Cuisinart Spec

Really good spec. I can solo minor rift at 39.

Shield of Telara

anyone can solo a minor rift at 39, lol. All you really need is a few points in either bard or rs.

that cuisanart build is funny. its very similar to what i ran leveling but figured its pretty common. nice little guide for those looking to level a rogue though.

Telaran

Yeah, those crystals are key.

I haven't bothered myself, but I've got a full RS tank build that would probably do the trick with some green crystals. Even with moderate healing, a properly played Riftstalker is nearly invincible... lots of mitigation available. Should you run low on crystals, have some regular mobs on hand to proc Rift Scavenger.

Just requires patience... and lots of it.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysostom View Post
    Yeah, those crystals are key.

I haven't bothered myself, but I've got a full RS tank build that would probably do the trick with some green crystals. Even with moderate healing, a properly played Riftstalker is nearly invincible... lots of mitigation available. Should you run low on crystals, have some regular mobs on hand to proc Rift Scavenger.

Just requires patience... and lots of it.
    your better off with a high dps build to burn the guy down before the crystal buff falls and you become mortal again ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast