+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bows

Default Bows

I'm fairly dissapointed in the tier 2 loot tables.

Kaler Andrenos in AP can drop a warrior bow.
    Caelia the Stormtouched in CC can drop a warrior bow.

And the only ranger bow can drop from trash in RD, but hasn't been looted by anyone for ages.
    There are no tier 2 guns.

I currently use a lvl 50 blue crafted bow (accurate spined compound bow), which is my only blue item and most definitely my weakest item.
    For me the only attainable and decent upgrade would be to achieve rank 6 in PVP and buy the Stalker's Recurve Bow.

This is not right, or am I missing something.

(please refrain from linking the tier 1 bows, as they are not really an upgrade compared to the crafted bow I have now)
    Rank 4 Cleric (Inquisicar) [retired]
    Rank 6 Rogue (Sin, Sab or NB) [retired]
    Retired from Rift due to a lack of PVP content and increasing server instability.

Quote Originally Posted by DaniWes View Post
    I'm fairly dissapointed in the tier 2 loot tables.

Kaler Andrenos in AP can drop a warrior bow.
    Caelia the Stormtouched in CC can drop a warrior bow.

And the only ranger bow can drop from trash in RD, but hasn't been looted by anyone for ages.
    There are no tier 2 guns.

I currently use a lvl 50 blue crafted bow (accurate spined compound bow), which is my only blue item and most definitely my weakest item.
    For me the only attainable and decent upgrade would be to achieve rank 6 in PVP and buy the Stalker's Recurve Bow.

This is not right, or am I missing something.

(please refrain from linking the tier 1 bows, as they are not really an upgrade compared to the crafted bow I have now)
    You are wrong, the bow from CC's end boss is easily equal to the runed bow that drops off trash in RD (it's a DPS bow, not a warrior's bow). Abbysal Musket drops off trash in xAP. There are 2 warrior bows that drop, one of first boss in AP and 1 off Snake boss in CC.
    Last edited by CarnageBC; 05-27-2011 at 11:05 AM.
    Carnage R8 Rogue

AP drops a boe gun that is good, but yea you are stuck with boes for t2 for the most part.

drop rates have been severely lessened with 1.2 and with the plaques dropping less now it really sux since gear costs more. adding grinds to a game halfway is silly, makes making alts harder if anything the grind should get less as time goes on so new players dont suffer.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Disciple

caelia actually drops 2 bows, a str one and a dex one, thunderbolts recurve(dex) and bated breath(str)

excluding hit the str gun from ap trash is better than the bow from caelia, but the boe bow from runic descent tops them all

Rift Chaser

I was lucky enough to have the Rune-Carved bow drop for me on my very first RD run (it was my second t2 dungeon).

But yeah, the Abyssal Musket is a more common drop that I quite often see on the auction house.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Threx View Post
    I was lucky enough to have the Rune-Carved bow drop for me on my very first RD run (it was my second t2 dungeon).

But yeah, the Abyssal Musket is a more common drop that I quite often see on the auction house.
    its because AP is the fastest and easiest t2 to do.

+ Reply to Thread