+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I really don't know what to do.

Default I really don't know what to do.

I'm so confused about all the different souls/builds, there seems to be so many different builds for different situations, and yes i have looked at the forums on this site and riftjunkies but am still none the wiser,
    for everyone that posts a build there is 20+ppl all with different oppinions on said build and that just confuses me more.
    Don't get me wrong i like the way they have done this soul system being able to switch to different roles when needed is a good idea.

What i'm after is a MM build i can take with me all the way wether it's raiding or PVE/PVP,
    out of all the rogue calls i have tried the MM is what i enjoy the most.
    What i'm thinking of is a MM/BD/? not too fussed about PVP and i DON'T want to have a pet(ranger)unless i really have to.

any help would be very needed.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by VipeR8 View Post
    I'm so confused about all the different souls/builds, there seems to be so many different builds for different situations, and yes i have looked at the forums on this site and riftjunkies but am still none the wiser,
    for everyone that posts a build there is 20+ppl all with different oppinions on said build and that just confuses me more.
    Don't get me wrong i like the way they have done this soul system being able to switch to different roles when needed is a good idea.

What i'm after is a MM build i can take with me all the way wether it's raiding or PVE/PVP,
    What i'm thinking of is a MM/BD/? not too fussed about PVP and i DON'T want to have a pet(ranger)unless i really have to.

You can't. There is no build that is going to work well in all the situations that you described. You get 5 roles for a reason, make more than one soul combination that tackle the content at hand. I have a separate role for Melee DPS, Tanking, Barding, Ranged DPS, and PVP - and you should too.

Edit: You can have the same souls in multiple roles, just distribute your points differently based on what you want that role to accomplish.
    Last edited by Paerin; 05-27-2011 at 09:59 AM.

You'll get so many differing opinions because we all play differently and rift allows you to vary builds according to your taste, so read the skills and decide which souls mesh best with your play style

Quote Originally Posted by VipeR8 View Post

If I were you I'd go the 44 MM/22 sin route - it helps in both PvP and PvE because it offers perma stealth, poisons, AND high crit chance/high crit damage. In PvP you open with the stun, you kite away, if they get near you land a snare or foul play (even with diminishing returns). I realize PvP might not be your top priority. But keep in mind man, you have ROLES. You can spec this for PvP and go with the MM/NB/SIN build for PvE to maximize damage output - pick up the 10 in nightblade for the damage boosts, the sin for some crit bonuses and MM for the obvious.

There might be some experts on the PvE side that can give you an optimized PvE spec that's great so hear them out.

Shield of Telara

there is no 1 build. if you want to be kinda gimpy you could run the 44/20/2 sab build. you can probably take out bads in wfs just fine with that. also you'll do good dps in raids/5 mans (read: not the tops but one of the better dps builds and extremely easy).

also kudos to you. you are the only person i know who likes MM.
    Last edited by BlackZilla; 05-27-2011 at 10:08 AM.

General of Telara

You wont find a single combination that will cover you for PvE dungeons, leveling/questing, and PvP all at the same time. If you are REALLY loving MM then here is my suggestion:

PvP: Go 44 into Marksmen for Eradicate, and I'd say at least 17 in Assassin for some damage buffs, and maybe the rest into Ranger? I'm hardly a PvP guy, but Assassin seems pretty good for you to stealth up on someone and pop a ton of MM cooldowns on someone lol.

Questing/Leveling: Get at least 13 into Riftstalker for the self-healing. If you want more into Riftstalker, then you get Shifting options which may be really run for you.

PvE: I think you can either try going 51 into Marksman or 38 into it and the rest into Ranger/Assassin/Nightblade... A buddy of mine uses 38MM/something/something and does pretty well.

Sorry to say but there is no jack of all trades combo. As above posters said, you have 5 roles for a reason.

+ Reply to Thread