+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sabs anygood in pvp?

Default Sabs anygood in pvp?

I know they used to be the FOTM, but how are they in PVP now-a-days? Worth my time to have a spec?

R4 Rogue here.

<Addiction>
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Clarion - 50 Warrior (PVE) | Yugoboom - 50 Rogue (PVP)

Shadowlander

Default sabs ftw

In certain situations or maps sabs can be the best thing to play. period. Like port scion for instance with everyone grouped on the bridge the sab can reall wreak havoc. I tried a couple sab builds post 1.2 and they miserably failed but then i saw a member of my guild get 30+ killing blows in port scion so obviousy i had to know what spec he was playing and low and behold it was sab. Long story short charges count as poisons so max out your poison potency (which takes 20 pts into assasin) and put at least 1 point into ranger so your charges proc off of your bow damage.(which is always more) the rest is pretty much preference. play around with it a little and use bombs prior to setting off charges.. if u time it right u can nearly one shot people. But use shrapnel charge as mucha s u can and sometimes at the bridge you can kill 4 or 5 at a time when u hit detonate. I am still learning the ins and outs of sab so im sure there are better ways to do it i jsut havent found em yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Killacam View Post
    In certain situations or maps sabs can be the best thing to play. period. Like port scion for instance with everyone grouped on the bridge the sab can reall wreak havoc. I tried a couple sab builds post 1.2 and they miserably failed but then i saw a member of my guild get 30+ killing blows in port scion so obviousy i had to know what spec he was playing and low and behold it was sab. Long story short charges count as poisons so max out your poison potency (which takes 20 pts into assasin) and put at least 1 point into ranger so your charges proc off of your bow damage.(which is always more) the rest is pretty much preference. play around with it a little and use bombs prior to setting off charges.. if u time it right u can nearly one shot people. But use shrapnel charge as mucha s u can and sometimes at the bridge you can kill 4 or 5 at a time when u hit detonate. I am still learning the ins and outs of sab so im sure there are better ways to do it i jsut havent found em yet.
    You don't need any points in ranger/mm for your charges to consider your bow as the active weapon.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

+ Reply to Thread