+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard confusement, can anyone help?

Soulwalker

Question Bard confusement, can anyone help?

Hi

First of all i'm a main Bard player. Love the class, played a bard in LOTRO and FFXI so was very happy about a bard class in RIFT.

I'm not a theorycrafter, so rely on and respect very much the guides and advice given by those who are, but i'm finding a lot of conflicting advice out there about maximising the Bard role. I'm a support player by heart, but would like to think i was also making a good contribution to damage and healing as well as my buffs. My guild is moving towards raiding.

1) I'm currently using a ranged weapon because of its larger DPS than melee weapons and stand at range using the ranger soul as i was given to understand that this would make cadence use my ranged weapon's DPS. Is this right, or would using another soul be more beneficial and make up for the lesser DPS on my daggers? Is it enough to use a different soul than ranger but still stand at range to use my bow, or would it be better to stand in melee range? I'm using nightblade as my other soul but was thinking of swapping ranger for Riftstalker for the AP talent.

2) For some reason i got the idea that Phys Crit was the most useful stat after DEX, but am now reading that AP is better? Does anyone have any figures as to where my AP and Pcrit stats should be at for T2/starting raids?

Thanks in advance

candance will only benefit from range weapon dps if you have some points in ranger or marks.

Crit is nice, but it's more beneficial to increase the base dmg on your candance by getting ap or dex to increase the healing output. It's hard to admit since I love the bard, but stats play a minor role, it's all about your weapon damage. You will notice hardly no benefit from stacking crit vs dex vs ap, since the gains are so small.

Just focus on essences, trinket, and weapon.
    Last edited by Flaymar; 05-27-2011 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaymar View Post
    candance will only benefit from range weapon dps if you have some points in ranger or marks.
    You only need Ranger selected to swap your ranged weapon to your primary weapon. You do not need points int.

Rift Disciple

Getting the highest DPS weapon you can will help and after that to buff Cadence you need AP, flat dmg increase, and non physical dmg increase. Dex does the job too but its through the AP boost so just gotta decide which is higher Dex's ap boost or the straight AP.

Deadly Dance does work but you have to be in melee rng for Deadly Strike
    Last edited by Razaden; 05-27-2011 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Strange I got Dex's in there once but it shows 2

Soulwalker

Thumbs up

Ok thanks for the replies, i'll stick to ranger for 3rd soul for now as i prefer to be at range, and have a juggle of my stats to rebalance my AP and crit.

+ Reply to Thread