+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jeeeezz.. Rogues OP as heck now!

Rift Chaser

Default Jeeeezz.. Rogues OP as heck now!

I just watched my buddy on his 50 cleric get literally, 2 hit by a 50 rogue. He said the dmg was 2955 and 1800. I got engaged by the same rogue, and didn't make it out of stun before I was dead. I'm a 50 cleric, full purple, T2+ geared with lots of hp/armor, and 1200 spellpower w/600 crit, and I was dead before the stun wore off.

Trion is EPIC FAIL in class balancing.. First you get Pyros snagging people for 5K. Now you get rogues 2 shotting epic clerics.. Before 1.2, I was at least able to withstand the assault of any rogue 1v1, possibly up to 2 rogues.. Now I can't even survive the stun..

GG Trion. Way to drive people off.

Full T2 as in: 0 valor?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Moebro View Post
    I just watched my buddy on his 50 cleric get literally, 2 hit by a 50 rogue. He said the dmg was 2955 and 1800. I got engaged by the same rogue, and didn't make it out of stun before I was dead. I'm a 50 cleric, full purple, T2+ geared with lots of hp/armor, and 1200 spellpower w/600 crit, and I was dead before the stun wore off.

Trion is EPIC FAIL in class balancing.. First you get Pyros snagging people for 5K. Now you get rogues 2 shotting epic clerics.. Before 1.2, I was at least able to withstand the assault of any rogue 1v1, possibly up to 2 rogues.. Now I can't even survive the stun..

Valor? I wish I could two shot clerics.... Screenshots or it didn't happen.

WAIT your telling me your in a WF in T2 getting killed with in a short stun no way!

I am welling to bet any class could pop you in T2 in a few sec sorry to tell you.

Also the OP is lying no Rogue has a AP that hit for those number remember 2 shots so best it could have been was a Empowered shot * deadeye with both crits not going to give you theses numbers.

what happen was a under geared cleric read about being OP join a WF is T2 gear & got wtf pwn

the rogue most likely just pop hit & run & bursted you down with 4 AP & 2 finishers
    Last edited by RJTravis; 05-26-2011 at 03:28 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

But he only wants the game to go back to the good balance where his cleric can win against 2 rogues comfortably. Certainly this current balance where his cleric can die is wrong.

Plane Touched

IMO, there 3 possible reasons explained your cool-story:
    1) That rogue is out geared you, which means he has relics daggers+bow+t3 gears. Then he should able do that insane dmg. I saw a warrior with relic polearm can smash healers' skulls even without stun.
    2) You say you were with t2 gears. Sorry, they are not pvp gears with valors, which makes a big difference in dmg mitigation.
    3) You and your friend are just plainly bad for being clerics. Rank 6 clerics are able to dance around 4-5 enemies and get out with full hp (after his teammates or even himself cleaned those enemies). Cleric is the true god in pvp not any other classes.

Soulwalker

Bad cleric is bad.

I have yet to see ANY Rogue in a WF hit a 3k attack, lies will not make you a better player.

Maybe with a redball and a T3 geared rogue.... but that is like a white unicorn. Mentioned but never seen.

Get some Valor gear. T2 gear is like tissue paper.
    Carnage R8 Rogue

I would call you a r3t@rd but that would give genuine r3t@rds a bad name.
    Last edited by Upright; 05-26-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Rift Chaser

T2+ gear is pretty amazing, regardless of lack of valor or otherwise. The stats are quite incredible on full T2 epic gear. Fact is, 5000hp, 4000+ armor, insane SP/Crit, none of mattered, I was dead before the stun wore off. I have a ton of pvp experience in Rift, and every other game, no tactics would work simply because I was dead while stunned.

I wanted to see if this was true, I haven't played my rogue in a long time (lvl 36). Logged her in, respec'd a bit and went out to test.. Pretty hilarious, ran into a 37 cleric, and popped him in 3 seconds.. Ran into a 36 warrior, and was absolutely no challenge - he died fast. Assassinate was hitting for 1200s, FB's were popping 1000+ etc..... Pretty damn ******ed at level 36. I would imagine at 50, geared up, my rogue will be like the others.

Fact is: Rogues are FOTM now because they're horrendously OP.. Any WF I go into, it's 50% Rogue, 30% mages, and whatever trash is left. It's like that for a reason. Trion is real good at screwing up balance too far in one direction, that's for sure.

Warhammer is better balanced than this, and that game is pretty badly balanced.

Shadowlander

T2+ gear is pretty amazing, regardless of lack of valor or otherwise. The stats are quite incredible on full T2 epic gear. Fact is, 5000hp, 4000+ armor, insane SP/Crit, none of mattered, I was dead before the stun wore off. I have a ton of pvp experience in Rift, and every other game, no tactics would work simply because I was dead while stunned.

I wanted to see if this was true, I haven't played my rogue in a long time (lvl 36). Logged her in, respec'd a bit and went out to test.. Pretty hilarious, ran into a 37 cleric, and popped him in 3 seconds.. Ran into a 36 warrior, and was absolutely no challenge - he died fast. Assassinate was hitting for 1200s, FB's were popping 1000+ etc..... Pretty damn ******ed at level 36. I would imagine at 50, geared up, my rogue will be like the others.

Fact is: Rogues are FOTM now because they're horrendously OP.. Any WF I go into, it's 50% Rogue, 30% mages, and whatever trash is left. It's like that for a reason. Trion is real good at screwing up balance too far in one direction, that's for sure.

So we are going from wild exaggerations to outright lies? 1200 assassinate and 1000 FB at lvl 36? I haven't been 36 in a LONG time on my rogue but get real. No one is going to believe that outlandish BS.

You sir.....are full of ****

/end thread

Telaran

Warfronts were /always/ about 50% rogue, just people didnt give a damn about it before now.

dmv

I've never seen any rogue skills hit over 1k.
    Kidding asside, the scenario you described would only work if the rogue had just used a finisher(deadly strike) getting the deadly dance buff, then used slip away to assassinate and serpent strike. It's very situational, and it's cooldown dependent.
    Although my bet is deadly dance will be nerf'd.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Cool story bro.

-Soon A developer term that is never as "soon" as you want it to be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast