+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RF and BR need to trade places in the Riftstalker tree.

Default RF and BR need to trade places in the Riftstalker tree.

Rift Scavenger should be tier 2 and Boosted Recovery tier 3.

To me it seems ridiculously obvious as to why but I may be missing something.

AT level 6 when you can drop a point into BR but you have no self healing skills to take advantage of it.
    And unless you're running around with a healer constantly =\

By the time you can put all 3 points in, you're not even able to do dungeons yet.

I've been playing with a Rogue alt and all I can say is squishville. I get 2 mobs and things aren't looking so good. If these we're switched around it would lessen the leveling burden a little sooner.

Not everyone wants some boring cookie cutter build with a pet to tank for you. /yawn

I'd like some insight into why they're in the current order and what are the pros because I only see cons.

Soulwalker

I do not really understand ur problem.

1) I started leveling a melee rogue (assasin) and till level 30 i did not need any selfhealing from riftstalker. I just changed my spec then to 13 RS/ all Assa. But actually at level 40 its more a nice to have because the enemy dies so fast.

2) What are u talking about dungeons? RS is a tank build and without Guardian Phase (18) u are not really able to Tank.

3) To level as RS sucks quiet a lot. Play this style at the beginning. i loved it
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MVM_.V0z.0AR0x0b

Stealth > Exposed Weekness > Assasinate > Puncture > Keen Strike > Deadly Strike > Quickstrike

Repristal is nice for leveling. I think maybe NB is better than this but Assa is what i like to be ;)

Champion

I'd welcome it. It'd help other melee rogues level a little faster by getting a core solo PvE ability sooner, and it would also allow for more variations of the BD/SIN/RS PvE build.

Plane Touched

Rift Scavenger is a gret boost to the rogues soloing skills. Having it easier would imo be too good to be true. The tradeoff of spending 5 more points in the tanking tree balances things out.

Champion of Telara

I never understood the love with being able to heal yourself in PVE this way.

Just go get more DPS, and take the 2 seconds to drink every 10 mobs.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by perlfreak View Post

Its not that simple. Currenty in my grinding/soloingspec (29bd/17as/20rs) I can do wonders. I can charge in and slay the commander mathos patrols without using any cooldowns for example, and most importantly solo all phases of non50 major rifts using some cds. My farming speed is just too fast (my t3 gear ofc helps in that) and with all the shifts and the charge I can switch from mob to mob with amazing speed. On non-elites I usually dont even need to use a single finisher.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by perlfreak View Post

Because it makes you stronger the more mobs you pull, if you learn how to use it you will understand how awesome that skill is.

Grab 2 elite lvl 50 mobs..they are cake if you have some smaller non leet mobs around as health batteries.

You have zero downtime between pulls..it is just all kinds of awesome.

Doing what the OP suggests would probably make a lot of PvPrs angry since they could spend 5 less points in RS and get that skill..it would buff rogues a good bit.
    Looking for a mature, casual guild focused on having fun?
    Ravens of Memory
    Guardians on Shatterbone

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Drenai View Post
    Because it makes you stronger the more mobs you pull, if you learn how to use it you will understand how awesome that skill is.

Grab 2 elite lvl 50 mobs..they are cake if you have some smaller non leet mobs around as health batteries.

You have zero downtime between pulls..it is just all kinds of awesome.

Doing what the OP suggests would probably make a lot of PvPrs angry since they could spend 5 less points in RS and get that skill..it would buff rogues a good bit.
    I understand the 30% heal is nice for not needing to rest, and that it could be useful in a jam from time to time.

But how does it make you stronger the more mobs you pull? Are you talking about it with bladedancer?

The mob has to die with the combo points on it, so it seems to me not so great. I'd have to imagine it's the same way in PvP. You'd basically have to go around and spam targets to get the combo points up, and then either let other people finish them off, or not use a finisher(unless they aren't close to dieing of course). I think leaving combo points up on people constantly isn't going to get you very far. Plus in PvP you can get Blood Thirsty for 30% heal for kb's.

I guess I just find PvE content easy enough that I'd rather have DPS for speed in killing rather than extra survivability. To each their own.
    Last edited by perlfreak; 05-27-2011 at 03:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread