+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weapons, what's the difference?

Soulwalker

Default Weapons, what's the difference?

Hey, i'm pretty new to the game, levelling a rogue atm. I love the melee rogue specs and still messing around with the specs to figure out what i prefer, 25 atm.

There is one thing however, that i can't seem to find out. I, like most people, re rolled from wow where some rogue specs like assassination use daggers and combat uses other weapons.

However, here i'm not entirely sure what's better?

At the moment i'm using 2x [Warden's Dagger] but are swords and axes better? if at level 50, i used daggers instead of say, a sword or an axe, would my damage be lowered? Since a lot of the abilities are weapon damage + whatever, i'm not sure which weapons would be best to use.

Could anyone help shed some light on this area for me?

Thanks in advance,
    Deepee.

Abilities are normalized and damage is based off the listed DPS, not the min/max damage. You always want to use the highest DPS weapon available to you in your mainhand.

If two weapons are the same DPS but different speeds, the faster one will be slightly better since poisons, trinkets and greater essences with procs are not normalized, so you'll get a bit more damage from them as a faster weapon will proc them more frequently.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Soulwalker

Thank you for your help.

I'll try and find daggers that are pretty much tip top of every level bracket, that should do me fine.

Cheers

+ Reply to Thread