+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Planar Essences costing 50 Inscribed runestones.

Soulwalker

Exclamation The Planar Essences costing 50 Inscribed runestones.

Theese needs to be reviewed imo.

Tactical Soulstone - Increase the damage of backstab by......18! WOOP WOOP

Guarded Soulstone - Your Guarded Steel increase your armor value by an additional....300! WOOP WOOP

Destructive Soulstone - Increase the damage of Fragmentation bomb by...70! WOOP WOOP Who the **** use Fragmentation bomb frequently in a dps rotation in raids!

Most of the rogue ones suck in comparison to what other Arch-Type classes get.

Quote Originally Posted by Angerfist View Post
    Theese needs to be reviewed imo.

Tactical Soulstone - Increase the damage of backstab by......18! WOOP WOOP

Guarded Soulstone - Your Guarded Steel increase your armor value by an additional....300! WOOP WOOP

Destructive Soulstone - Increase the damage of Fragmentation bomb by...70! WOOP WOOP Who the **** use Fragmentation bomb frequently in a dps rotation in raids!

Completely agree.

/signedandbumped
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Shield of Telara

meh i think most of them are lackluster across all classes excluding a couple good ones here and there.

Have you tested any of them out yet, i havent and havent seen any data collected on them yet so wont just the subpar w/o seeing cold, hard numbers

I do agree... but at least there is one good one..

shadow fire also add 100 Attack power. thats excellent.
    Xerise, Eliana, Eurydice, Rissa and December
    http://www.direman.com/everwas/index.php

Shield of Telara

^ this most callings dont have more than 1 or 2 of those that are better than other options anyway. Maybe we only have 1 which is kinda lame but I havent bothered buying any yet (cant decide which i think is worth testing out for 50 shards :/).

Shield of Telara

That's ok, mine is Equip: Increases the damage of Deadeye Shot by 70.

I fire 15 Deadeye shots per 3 minute period of time as a full marksman.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Angerfist View Post

Very wrong. Warriors have a single useful one also. I believe clerics and mages have none worth using.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by remilafo View Post
    I do agree... but at least there is one good one..

shadow fire also add 100 Attack power. thats excellent.
    As a former ranger, I hate Shadow Fire with a passion. Straight up nerf to the class, especially in PvP.

Shadowlander

Rift Energies:
    Chance on weapon enchantment proc to restore 3 energy.

Quote Originally Posted by perlfreak View Post
    As a former ranger, I hate Shadow Fire with a passion. Straight up nerf to the class, especially in PvP.
    I suggest you look at the post-1.2 Shadow Fire.

Rift Chaser

Problem with those essence is that they cost so dam much to buy and you basicly need 2 belt to cover the ranger essence and meele one so thats alot of stone.If you could take them in and out that would be awsome,For now i have bought the 50 one yet im still debating cause sometime i play range and on other fight i meele so right now i use 6 lesser and it cover both specs.

Sorry for spelling im not english so i do best i could,Beside its not that hard to understand me im sure

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Upright View Post
    I suggest you look at the post-1.2 Shadow Fire.
    I am talking about 1.2 Shadow Fire. They completely screwed it up for PvP.

What Trion didn't mention with the Shadow Fire buff was that they nerf the damage of quick shot and head shot by like 15%, maybe it was 25%. I'm assuming they did this as a nerf to 0 pt ranger builds, and then added in Shadow Fire with it's "seemingly" big damage buff for people who are spec'd in it.

Overall, with Shadow Fire on, you are only getting like 20% more damage. Which is probably a DPS increase - for the PvE crowd. However, it costs 50 energy and has a 2.0 cast time for a buff that lasts 25 seconds. This is horrible for PvP.

It can be purged and is purged(a ranger problem in general for PvP since it relies heavily on buffs). And has 20 second cooldown. And since they nerfed the base damage of the main abilities, it's pretty much now required to keep that buff up in order to do any decent DPS, otherwise it's a 35% damage loss, and a 15% loss from 1.1 without it.

2 second cast time makes it a PITA to have to refresh in the middle of trying to burst someone down. Although it has only a 2.0 cast time, it actually comes with a sometimes 4.5 second wait time in DPS(again every 25 seconds). As you have to wait for the 50 energy to build - 2.5 seconds from 0, and then 2.0 seconds to cast it. It then eats the 50 energy, which puts you at 40 energy total after it goes off, enough for 1 ability before you go back to energy starved(ranger is among the most energy starved rogues).

These things aren't big deals in PvE where you are just trying to do the most overall DPS. But in PvP where timing is everything it was a major nerf.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by perlfreak View Post
    I am talking about 1.2 Shadow Fire. They completely screwed it up for PvP.

What Trion didn't mention with the Shadow Fire buff was that they nerf the damage of quick shot and head shot by like 15%, maybe it was 25%. I'm assuming they did this as a nerf to 0 pt ranger builds, and then added in Shadow Fire with it's "seemingly" big damage buff for people who are spec'd in it.

Overall, with Shadow Fire on, you are only getting like 20% more damage. Which is probably a DPS increase - for the PvE crowd. However, it costs 50 energy and has a 2.0 cast time for a buff that lasts 25 seconds. This is horrible for PvP.

It can be purged and is purged(a ranger problem in general for PvP since it relies heavily on buffs). And has 20 second cooldown. And since they nerfed the base damage of the main abilities, it's pretty much now required to keep that buff up in order to do any decent DPS, otherwise it's a 35% damage loss, and a 15% loss from 1.1 without it.

2 second cast time makes it a PITA to have to refresh in the middle of trying to burst someone down. Although it has only a 2.0 cast time, it actually comes with a sometimes 4.5 second wait time in DPS(again every 25 seconds). As you have to wait for the 50 energy to build - 2.5 seconds from 0, and then 2.0 seconds to cast it. It then eats the 50 energy, which puts you at 40 energy total after it goes off, enough for 1 ability before you go back to energy starved(ranger is among the most energy starved rogues).

These things aren't big deals in PvE where you are just trying to do the most overall DPS. But in PvP where timing is everything it was a major nerf.
    While this may be true, why are u PvPing as ranger? MM is 10X better in PvP than ranger is...

Zab
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Omega42 View Post
    While this may be true, why are u PvPing as ranger? MM is 10X better in PvP than ranger is...
    probably because he thinks he should be able to run around people in circles and use instants to kill people? MM requires you to be a better player :P

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Omega42 View Post
    I don't since 1.2. In 1.1 Ranger/NB was the best overall ranged spec in PvP. I did single target damage, and stayed in the top3 in damage and KB. It was extremely useful because I had fellblades, and with scourge of darkness + all the ranger buffs I could burst a cleric down pretty well.

I wouldn't be caught dead as a marksman. I like a challenge to my PVP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast