+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bards, good god, what are they good for..

Rift Disciple

Default Bards, good god, what are they good for..

K so i love playing a bard but i keep reading that people prefer archons for some reason. I dont get it.. Are we really second banana cuz i dont see it. I am lvl 43 and want to know if its worth getting to 50 if my fav rogue soul wont be able to get in a raid or T1 T2 group.

Shadowlander

Raids will bring both 1 Archon and 1 Bard. If you want to be that one Bard, all power to you. Course, you are a rogue first and foremost... have a good dps spec and a tanking spec in-case you are needed to switch.

Soulwalker

Honestly, every rogue should have a bard build.
    Once you make a 51 point bard you shouldnt have any issues finding groups as support.
    Most of the time mages goes dps or heals, so the Bard is still very usefull for groups/raid support.
    And remember you get the awesome skill to lure 5 critters to you for 15 sec XD (sometimes i swear developers run out of ideas lol)

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Duskfall View Post
    K so i love playing a bard but i keep reading that people prefer archons for some reason. I dont get it.. Are we really second banana cuz i dont see it. I am lvl 43 and want to know if its worth getting to 50 if my fav rogue soul wont be able to get in a raid or T1 T2 group.
    the last part of your worries are totally unwarranted. in a 20 man raid there is always a spot for more buffs even if there is already an Archon. Also, Bards are great in 5/10 man content. If you already have a healer having a mage go chloro (the best tank healer in game and not so hot raid/party heals) is usually a bit overkill (same with making a cleric go healer). Bard usually adds just the right amount of support heals and some nice buffs to boot (particularly resists and +movement are very handy in PuGs where you dont have a ton of confidence in people to avoid moves.)

I mean honestly I was running DSM last night. Had the healer get booted with him at 60% and managed to keep the tank up the rest of the way and get the kill on him. Now I probably couldnt have healed from 100% to zero but our heals are decent. the buffs help out a good amount. You will usually have a place in any raid if you are happy being a main support person.
    Last edited by BlackZilla; 05-26-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Shield of Telara

Raids will use 1 bard. Of the rogues in the raid 99% of them will not want to be stuck with the bard job. Every single rogue should have a bard spec for those times when the other guy somehow manages to stick you with the job.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Champion

bards aren't bad, its just a lot of people want them to be something there not.

but you do have to make sure you have at least 1 decent dps build to fall back on, sometimes people don't want any support bard or otherwise to do their runs faster.

Soulwalker

Personally I don't mind getting "stuck Barding"... I have a tank spec decently geared and play it well, but avoid doing it because I left WoW due to my main being a tank and CONSTANTLY getting begged to run heroics, I have a Sabo spec for running DPS in groups/raids, and an assassin spec for solo farming... out of all 4 specs i consider Bard to be my "thank god I can be lazy and still do a good job" spec... keep my group buffs up, mob debuffs up, and cadence spam in between.. occasionally hit Virtuoso and spam heal or aoe dmg and I'm set :P

Rift Disciple

We'll if you love playing a bard, that's cool, if you want to join a raid, try join as a bard because most raids will have one always.

On the topic of being "stuck" with bard, in our raid we have 5 rogues, 2 want to bard, 2 'doesn't mind' and 1 hates it. Its not as bad as people think.

Plane Touched

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Gosh. Can't believe nobody jumped on that.

Unless the OP didn't do it on purpose.

Anyway, bards have their spots. And they fill it well. Rogues are so strong as tanks/dps now, though, and a choloromancer can generally outperform a bard as support. So the argument can be made that they're in a tough spot right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskfall View Post
    Shouldn't the title of this post been:

"Bards! Huh! Good God! What are they good for? Absolutely Nuthin'! Say it again!"

Shadowlander

Bard/sab is the only class that can solo group mobs with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Empyreal Drift View Post
    Bard/sab is the only class that can solo group mobs with ease.
    not true give ranger bard a shot you will be very surprised how easy it is.

aux

A 5-man group with tank, heal and 3 DPS moves faster than a group with tank, heal, 2 DPS and a bard, in my experience. There's no question about their efficiency when they buff 19 people, though. It's more of a raiding soul. In 5-man content it's more of a defensive buff class, for when you need a little extra defenses and healing, but when you don't you're better off playing a proper DPS class. Same goes for Archon.
    For raids, don't worry about being replaced by an Archon. Most of your stuff stacks, a raid will want one of both.
    Last edited by aux; 05-27-2011 at 01:34 AM.
    I'm so BORED

The only thing a Bard is now good for is a Raid and that is it... There is no need for them in T1/T2's. They cannot do the dmg and healing as other "Real" Support Classes can... I had a Bard role since the game came out but ever since 1.2 I got rid of it, there is just no point.. They made Instances to easy.. I am even seeing less bards in PvP just because so many people dropped Bard.. I am not saying to stop barding or get rid of your Bard role if you have one, I think they are good to have so you can rez me if we wipe but thats now the only thing they are good for outside of Raids and not much people raid anyway...

Shadowlander

bards need a synthesis '_'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast