+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A silly question about damage from rogue abilities

Default A silly question about damage from rogue abilities

OK, I thought I knew this, but I need comfirmation.

Rogues of all types have abilities that do "XX + wpn damage". When it says this, what weapon is meant, ranged or melee?

I've always figured ranged classes (like marksman) would use ranged wpn as the base, while melee classes (like assassin) would use their main hand melee wpn. Trouble is, I got to thinking about what the saboteur's base wpn was, and I realized I could make an argument either way. Then it occurred to me that maybe it didn't depend on what souls you had - maybe it was always melee or ranged for all rogues.

So, my noobish question: which weapon counts for wpn+damage type abilities? (Particularly for the sabo...) Does this vary depending on the type of rogue soul is your 'main' soul?

Sword of Telara

not that noob of a question its the weapon reguarded as your active weapon. normally, as a sab, this would be your melee weapon. if you have ranger or MM as one of your souls your charicter will automaticly switch to your range weapon when you leave 3-4 yards, using your range weapon as your active weapon, and the one included in the formula

Quote Originally Posted by Seyon View Post
    not that noob of a question its the weapon reguarded as your active weapon. normally, as a sab, this would be your melee weapon. if you have ranger or MM as one of your souls your charicter will automaticly switch to your range weapon when you leave 3-4 yards, using your range weapon as your active weapon, and the one included in the formula
    To add to this... ^ This only applies to skills that can use "any weapon." All skills have list what kind of weapon is included in the formula.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

+ Reply to Thread