+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue gear stat weights?

Default Rogue gear stat weights?

I have been searching for any posts or guides that give weights for different stats on rogue items to help gauge how good a particular item might be when comparing them. Something similar to this guide for mages:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ear-Guide-v2.0

I haven't been able to find anything so far. Does anyone know of one or have their opinions? Thank you.

Shield of Telara

The problem with stat weights and rogues is that each stat is wegihted completely differently depending on which soul combinations you are using. Some value PC over AP others stack AP over PC. You can build a soul combination that values Dex over all others. So, without a reference point I doubt anyone will be able to give you useful numbers.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Right now BD, which most melee rogues seem to be running, scales very well with Crit, less so with AP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    Right now BD, which most melee rogues seem to be running, scales very well with Crit, less so with AP.
    i stack AP and still reach 900 crit raid buffed... i see no poitn in stacking crit endgame, we have way too much dex at this point for it to matter, we are critting over 50% of time which is just silly, anything over 50% becomes lame since every other hit will be a crit
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    i stack AP and still reach 900 crit raid buffed... i see no poitn in stacking crit endgame, we have way too much dex at this point for it to matter, we are critting over 50% of time which is just silly, anything over 50% becomes lame since every other hit will be a crit

In 5 man buff, my t1/t2 rogue tops out at about 1050 stacking crit. Deep BD.
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Zab
    Champion

In 5 man buff, my t1/t2 rogue tops out at about 1050 stacking crit. Deep BD.
    as sin/bd/nb i can pull about 1450 on plutonus w/o cyphers being added in which parses a little higher then my deep bd spec does.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    as sin/bd/nb i can pull about 1450 on plutonus w/o cyphers being added in which parses a little higher then my deep bd spec does.
    ive always liked AP myself >.>; im one of those wierd people. i tried both sides (crit vs ap) on my NB and reached a happy medium with 1 AP worth about 1.8-2 crit. since 1.2 ive been BD with the same gear (fully T2). never fought plutonus but on warmaster i was at 1331 dps (6 short of 1337!). so AP dosnt appear so bad.

but maybe i'd be higher with crazy-high crit. i think im around 800-900 crit and 800ish ap raid buffed. at work right now so i cant check

Quote Originally Posted by Seyon View Post
    ive always liked AP myself >.>; im one of those wierd people. i tried both sides (crit vs ap) on my NB and reached a happy medium with 1 AP worth about 1.8-2 crit. since 1.2 ive been BD with the same gear (fully T2). never fought plutonus but on warmaster i was at 1331 dps (6 short of 1337!). so AP dosnt appear so bad.

but maybe i'd be higher with crazy-high crit. i think im around 800-900 crit and 800ish ap raid buffed. at work right now so i cant check
    The thing is it's spec Dependant. NB scales well with AP because Blazing Strike? gets some obscene +ap modifier.

Also, I have no way to do a raid dps check like Plutonus, because I can't move to an aussie shard till 1.3...... The 1050 was a 5 man parse.
    Last edited by Naronas; 05-26-2011 at 06:32 PM.

Rift Chaser

Same with Sabs. AP doesnt seem to do anything for the bleeds from spike and shrapnel, which is where a large portion of your damage comes from. Crit on the other hand helps immensely.

I think Hokonoso did some testing with this. Maybe if you all ask him nicely he will elaborate on it once again for this thread or quote his older post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Those americans...Everytime there is a blackout, they all start luting.

Plane Touched

The thing is it's spec Dependant. NB scales well with AP because Blazing Strike? gets some obscene +ap modifier.

Also, I have no way to do a raid dps check like Plutonus, because I can't move to an aussie shard till 1.3...... The 1050 was a 5 man parse.
    If I remember correctly you got it backwards, Blazing Strike actually has a smaller AP modifier than other finishers (3x or 3.5x I don't remember).

Rift Disciple

personally i run about a 1.88 value for ap with 1 being crit, which results in the following values

dex: 1.94
    ap: 1.88
    crit: 1
    str: 0.94

Quote Originally Posted by Valsheres View Post
    personally i run about a 1.88 value for ap with 1 being crit, which results in the following values

dex: 1.94
    ap: 1.88
    crit: 1
    str: 0.94
    that was before 1.2, with sin and bd abilities having higher AP scaling ive simply said 1AP > 2crit and unless the crit heavily outweighs the AP, i stack AP. it's very silly that for mages 1 SP > 4 crit, it should be that way for us!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Disciple

Since patch 1.2, a large portion of rogue abilities now do weapon damage + 100% attack power as opposed to weapon damage + 50% attack power. What this does is make attack power far more attractive than critical strike rating especially given that in terms of pure itemization calculation as established by Trion, 1 AP = 2 Critical Strike Rating. For specs that use a number of abilities with the new attack power bonus, we can *almost* double the effectiveness of attack power this patch (I say almost because I have not done the math and a number of abilities were not changed).

I used to adhere to the 1 AP = 1.88 Critical Strike Rating, but with this latest patch it's become something more like this for me (using rough calculations):

1 = Crit
    1 = Str
    2.35 = AP = Dex

As far as actual caps on individual stats go (in terms of T3 content), your prioritization should be as follows (in this order):

1) 44% to hit = 220 Hit Rating
    2) 40% Critical Strike Chance
    3) Once you have satisfied the above two conditions, stack attack power the rest of the way.

These are self buffed stats for the record (not including dauntless strike or lethal poison). Once you are in a raid environment, your critical strike chance will naturally hover around 55-60%, at which point any more critical strike chance is not going to dramatically increase your dps as you will be critting every other attack anyway at this point and due to certain talent modifiers your main damage abilities will most likely have an even higher chance to crit. Attack power never experiences the type of diminishing returns that critical strike chance does.
    Last edited by KanyeWest; 05-27-2011 at 08:09 AM.

Rift Disciple

Can't edit my last post. What the itemization calculations that I did mean are that based on critical strike = 1, then it would take 2.35 points of critical strike rating to be equivalent to 1 attack power. That is to say that attack power is about 135% more effective at increasing your dps than critical strike rating.

Also, im sure this is actually underestimating the actual effectiveness of attack power in relation to critical strike rating. I'd wager a guess that it's much closer to 2.75+ crit = 1 AP.

+ Reply to Thread