+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LF Help With Rift Stalking

Rift Disciple Altus VonGrossenkiir's Avatar

Default LF Help With Rift Stalking

I was kinda bumbed for a while a warrior friend was basically saying at 50 riftstalker tanks sucked blah blah blah found out he was dead wrong so i picked it up again and I am having some issues with aoe threat. Anyone have any tips for this?

I try to pull groups with rift disturbance

Spam Rift Disturbance every time its up

And Planar Attraction for when people deside to spam aoes right when i hit something to pull them back to avoid pulling a pat.

Can anyone give me some assist please

Champion

can't say I've ever had much issue with aoe threat even prepatch with stormcallers and beast masters...

Other than hitting rift disturbance every time its up and using blitz same way make sure you have improved guarded steel up, thats a huge boost to your threat, any threat moves used without it tend to be wasted.

Rift Disciple

Is it a specific type of mob that gives you trouble?

Shadow Blitz and Rift Disturbance, as long as you have Guardian Phase up, should be enough. Getting Guarded Steel up, even at 1 combo point, will help as well. With the increase of threat in Rift Disturbance in the last patch, however, it shouldn't be difficult to maintain AoE aggro. You might also consider macroing Twin Strike (assuming you have it) to Rift Disturbance so that when RD is down you're still doing some AoE damage.
    Last edited by Krazed59; 05-26-2011 at 08:09 AM.

Soulwalker

Shadow Blitz is very helpful. I tend to hop into a group with it and hit one of my defensive cooldowns either 10% DR or 50% dodge just to make sure i give the healer some time to adjust. Below is my macro for Rift Disturbance. I hvae very little issue with agro in AoEs. Usually just have Planar Strike available if a mob changes. Also i tab around after I have my 3 buffs on me just to make sure. Drop a few hits on each mob might lose some combo points but only thing i can use them on is a damage finisher i never use. Then build my shield backup. Porting is the key to a Riftstalker. to your warrior tank buddy just tell him Rogue tank is for real men we dont hide behind all that crappy metal.

suppressmacrofailures
    cast Reprisal
    cast Rift Disturbance
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

Shadowlander

I like adding Twin Strike to the macro. Keen/Quick I have on another macro and S. Blitz, P. Attraction, PS & PB have their own keys.

+ Reply to Thread