+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP-Out of the box: a Berserker who buffs himself and provides some level of healing

Default PvP-Out of the box: a Berserker who buffs himself and provides some level of healing

Hi guys, I'm just messing around with some ideas and I thought to myself - I'm really loving bladedancer with the deadly strike/deadly dance additions. I love melee and really working hard towards a 3x sin/2x bd spec; fits my play style nicely and with FOS it provides some good fighting/mobility after you're out of stealth.

With that said, it got me thinking about how can I possibly maximize the tools that the bard brings to the table for myself (selfish yes) and capitalize on bladedancer capabilities. Bladedancer really reminds me of a berserker type - deadly with his blades and dancing around taking things out with light armor.

I want to know if anyone has tried a 24 bard, 31 bd, 11 in nightblade (or sin?). Spec is this - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dAkkMR0dz.V0xM

The idea is that in most cases you aren't stealthing - although you can open up with dark malady if you want. You are running around with improved anthem of competence and buff yourself up with motifs (went 23 in bard to get power chord and motif of regeneration so that you have a heal dot charging in).

You can open up with Riff from range and immediately into a deadly strike. Or for that matter stealth, dark malady, and play a coda (3 cbs) and then follow with an FOS to close the distance and open up with deadly strike.

If you're out of stealth, play a power chord and charge in with FOS to land a qucik 4 cbs and drop a deadly strike again.

From there it's up to the situation. But you have your obvious anytime swings in BD and the parry swing and dodge stun swing (for melee types). Dancing Steel if you want to unload.

Nightblade for the obvious damage increases.

Downside: critical strike chance buffs are limited with no sin skills. No perma stealth.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

I have no idea why I can't edit my post but the spec is slightly off. I decided to take a point out of BD and lose dancing steal so that I can get the motif of regeneration AND dark malady - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bdAkkMR0d.V0xM
    Last edited by Morbidar; 05-26-2011 at 05:46 AM.

I'd go 31 BD / 24 Bard / 11 NB (with 1/2 Melted Skin) and keep Dancing Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinerus View Post
    I'd go 31 BD / 24 Bard / 11 NB (with 1/2 Melted Skin) and keep Dancing Steel.
    Seems logical to me. However, you will lose Dark Malady if you do. Seems to me Dark Malady with the damage buff is HUGE.

Let me do a better job summarizing this build:

Mobility Buffs/Capabilities:

1. Improved Anthem of Competence for any time speed buff (in combat or not).
    2. FoS to charge foes in the heat of battle.

Heal Buffs/Capabilities:

1. Motif or Regeneration for a heal DOT buff before battle.
    2. Coda of Restoration for heals.

Damage Buffs/Capabilities:

1. Motif of Bravery for attack power buff before battle.
    2. Motif of Focus for a critical chance buff (+5%) before battle.
    3. Blade Tempo for a 30% physical damage buff for 15 seconds.
    4. Dark Malady for 20% damage buff for 8 seconds out of stealth.
    5. All Bladedancer abilities increased by 10% damage.
    6. When parry/dodge 10% more damage.

Miscellaneous:

1. Energy increase of 20.
    2. Unused combo points upon a death are converted to energy.
    3. When fighting melee, extra CBs generated when dodging/parrying.
    4. Fanfare of Power - str/dex buff.

Opener choices:

1. Open with Dark Malady, follow with a coda, and a FoS to land 5 CBs and drop a deadly strike.
    2. Open with Riff and land a deadly strike.
    3. Open with Power Chord, anytime bd swings, land a deadly strike pretty quickly.
    4. Option to open with a heal if you left a previous battle.

+ Reply to Thread