+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Self-healing for Rogues?

Default Self-healing for Rogues?

Hi all,

recently made a ranger and enjoyed the gameplay so far. One thing that's bugging me though is the complete lack of self-heals. I roughly checked the rogue souls on ZAM and did not find any possibility for self-heals except in the Bard soul.

Questions:
    - Did I miss any self-heals in other souls than Bard?
    - How deep do you need to spec into Bard to get reliant self-healing for solo PVE?

Thanks,
    koepi

aux

The Assassin has a health drain poison. It doesn't look like much but it's enough to keep you topped up when solo grinding. Riftstalker has a talent that heals you for every combo point left on a dying mob, this is also nice for grinding.

Also as a ranger you can use the piggy pet to tank for you, you get a pet heal for it.
    Last edited by aux; 05-26-2011 at 12:16 AM.
    I'm so BORED

Rift Scavenger in the 3rd tier of Rift Stalker will heal you for up to 6% per combo point remaining on your targets. So that's 0-30% healing on a per mob basis.

You guys are FAST!

If you doing its as a Ranger to help level up, 8 points into Bard is all you need.

"Eradicating your buffs since May 11th 2011"

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Avandor View Post
    If you doing its as a Ranger to help level up, 8 points into Bard is all you need.
    This. Or you can level like I did and get 13 points into Riftstalker for the heal from combo points left when a mob dies. I went 13 points into Riftstalker first, then went into Assassin (personal preference). You could also go into Bladedancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Those americans...Everytime there is a blackout, they all start luting.

It's all about the piggy.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Rift Scavenger is really nice, I took on 3 even cons with my rogue in greens the other day and won

I've been leveling as (13+) BD/ (20+) Sin, nothing like exploding mobs in less than 5 seconds to negate the need for self healing.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Quote Originally Posted by Noburu View Post
    This. Or you can level like I did and get 13 points into Riftstalker for the heal from combo points left when a mob dies. I went 13 points into Riftstalker first, then went into Assassin (personal preference). You could also go into Bladedancer.
    I would do this. Put your typical 1p per level in RS until you're got points in Rift Stalker. Put your extra point every 3rd level into the offensive of your choice. Once you have RS, start putting your per-level point into the offensive soul.
    Last edited by Siendra; 05-26-2011 at 11:15 AM.

Champion

assassins a fairly nice choice to go with rift scavenge.

You get bleeds to apply to the mob ensuring their death but allowing you time to stack a few combos to make sure you'll definitely be at full health, coupled with leeching poison (add some heal on attack greater essences as well) which get boosted by the heal increase from riftstalker tree as well and you can fight multiples and never drop below 80% hp.

was my leveling build and kept it once 50 for random killing, such a great survivability build ><

dmv

Enduring brew.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dasorine View Post
    assassins a fairly nice choice to go with rift scavenge.

You get bleeds to apply to the mob ensuring their death but allowing you time to stack a few combos to make sure you'll definitely be at full health, coupled with leeching poison (add some heal on attack greater essences as well) which get boosted by the heal increase from riftstalker tree as well and you can fight multiples and never drop below 80% hp.

was my leveling build and kept it once 50 for random killing, such a great survivability build ><
    This. I still have my Assassin build i used for leveling too I like the stealth and being able to speed past non-needed mobs. With non-stealth you have to fight every ***** mob on the way to your quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Those americans...Everytime there is a blackout, they all start luting.

Soulwalker

Goto Level 20: Assa 20 / 6 BD
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MVM_.V0z.0ARbx0b
    Stealth > Exposed Weekness > Assasinate > Puncture > Keen Strike > Deadly Strike > Quick Strike

Switch At Level 34: Assa 32 / 13 RS
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xh.GhRfx0bodbR
    Stealth > Exposed Weekness > Jagged Strike > Puncture > Impale > Savage Strike does the rest

After this you can choose your Third Soul. Its maybe not the Best spec but its a lot of fun if you want to play this class "rogue"-style. BD + RS may be faster but i love it to be a assasin.

Rift Disciple

Level 1-30 your third soul should be 0-4 ranger for the free pig tank.
    Then at 31 go 26 ranger and put rest into bard/nb
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MiNc.Vb.VMRf0xoso.Vc
    It isn't the fastest killing spec, but there is no downtime and you can aoe 3-4 same level normals with the pig tanking.
    bird in cage
    bird peck on button to get food
    bird peck on button get food randomly, bird pecks constantly
    They play you like a stupid bird.
    Unfortunately that has been MMO standard operating procedure since EQ.

+ Reply to Thread