+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone have a Working G15 Motif script/macro?

Default Does Anyone have a Working G15 Motif script/macro?

I've been trying to set this up for a couple days now. I want a one button macro/script to cast my motifs that does not repeat. My script(s) simply don't work. They don't even register in the profile test page. My macro works just fine... the first couple times you use it, and then it breaks and drops to the last key in the sequence.

Does anyone have a macro or script that actually works?

Rift Chaser

Wow people are so lazy. Its not that hard to recast all motifs every 30 secs. Boring yes, hard no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Those americans...Everytime there is a blackout, they all start luting.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Noburu View Post
    Wow people are so lazy. Its not that hard to recast all motifs every 30 secs. Boring yes, hard no.
    Why are people so hostile to anyone else wanting to make the game less aggravating or boring? The macros are on their end and it doesn't affect you in the slightest, get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Noburu View Post
    I don't care about it being boring or difficult (Seriously? It's five keystrokes). I care about eating up 5 hotkeys for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siendra View Post
    I don't care about it being boring or difficult (Seriously? It's five keystrokes). I care about eating up 5 hotkeys for it.
    this, no reason to use 5 full hotkeys for 1 function. this motif thing has to change or eventually no one will want to bard. i remember vanilla paladins casting seals every 30 seconds... that didnt last either.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

I've been trying to set this up for a couple days now. I want a one button macro/script to cast my motifs that does not repeat. My script(s) simply don't work. They don't even register in the profile test page. My macro works just fine... the first couple times you use it, and then it breaks and drops to the last key in the sequence.

Does anyone have a macro or script that actually works?
    I havn't tested any scripts with this game, to be honest. Let me know if it works. Also, could you post your current script that's not working?

For now, we'll try Key Presses. I've had trouble in some games getting these to work. Someone might be more of an expert on these scripts than I, however, my solution if THIS doesn't work is to tell your mouse to click the buttons instead at a hardcoded location.

Give this a shot, but it still doesn't fix the fact it takes up 5 Hotkeys :/

function OnEvent(event,arg)
    --When the G1 button is pressed
    if (event == "G_PRESSED" and arg == 1) then
    mState = GetMKeyState()
    --Get the Mode your keyboard is in (the buttons on the top left)
    --This script will keep looping while you're in M1
    --To deactivate this script, just switch out of that mode (i.e. press M2)
    while mState == 1
    do

--Let's say that you want to press an ability assigned to 0 and Alt+0
    PressAndReleaseKey("0")
    --Compensate for Global Cooldown
    Sleep(1500)
    PressAndReleaseKey("lalt","0")
    --Then wait for 25 seconds for when the Motifs begin to fade
    Sleep(25000)
    end
    end
    end
    Last edited by Annalea; 05-25-2011 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Annalea View Post
    Blah blah blah, hacky script
    Oh, you'll also need to stick:

mState = GetMKeyState()

after: Sleep(25000)

Or you'll be stuck in an infinite loop.

Why can't I edit? >:|

So:

function OnEvent(event,arg)
    --When the G1 button is pressed
    if (event == "G_PRESSED" and arg == 1) then
    mState = GetMKeyState()
    --Get the Mode your keyboard is in (the buttons on the top left)
    --This script will keep looping while you're in M1
    --To deactivate this script, just switch out of that mode (i.e. press M2)
    while mState == 1
    do

--Let's say that you want to press an ability assigned to 0 and Alt+0
    PressAndReleaseKey("0")
    --Compensate for Global Cooldown
    Sleep(1500)
    PressAndReleaseKey("lalt","0")
    --Then wait for 25 seconds for when the Motifs begin to fade
    Sleep(25000)
    mState = GetMKeyState()
    end
    end
    end
    Last edited by Annalea; 05-25-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Soulwalker

I think the easiest way to do it is to use the multi-key function in the Logitech G15 software. While you're in your Rift profile on the software, take note of the keys you already have bound to your motifs. Choose one of the G keys, click new, click multi-key, click "start recording" (make sure you have "record delays between events" checked), and then click the keys belonging to your motifs in the order you want them cast. When you're done, click "stop recording."

For example, my G9 key basically just presses 8, 9, 0, -, and + in order for me, since those are the keys I have set to my motifs. I can still click each of my motifs individually if I want or need to.

You actually do not need to record the delay, you can insert delays in increments of .5s(I think that value can be changed actually...) manually after the macro is recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallathea View Post
    I think the easiest way to do it is to use the multi-key function in the Logitech G15 software. While you're in your Rift profile on the software, take note of the keys you already have bound to your motifs. Choose one of the G keys, click new, click multi-key, click "start recording" (make sure you have "record delays between events" checked), and then click the keys belonging to your motifs in the order you want them cast. When you're done, click "stop recording."

For example, my G9 key basically just presses 8, 9, 0, -, and + in order for me, since those are the keys I have set to my motifs. I can still click each of my motifs individually if I want or need to.
    That is the easiest way, especially if you're not interested in something that repeats.

I've actually done that, and after 5-6 casts it buggers out and drops the 5th key in the sequence. I have no idea what's wrong with it.

Anyway, looking at your script made my mistake clear, Ann. Thanks. I've gotten it working - still playing with it.

Banned

Cool

this is what I use

function OnEvent(event, arg)
    Mstate=GetMKeyState()

if (Mstate == 1 and event == "G_PRESSED" and arg == 9) then
    if tick == nil then
    tick = 2
    end
    tick = 2

while tick <= 6 and not IsModifierPressed("lshift") do
    PressKey("lctrl")
    Sleep(30)
    PressAndReleaseKey(tick)
    Sleep(30)
    ReleaseKey("lctrl")
    tick = tick + 1
    Sleep(995)
    end
    end
    end

I have my motifs set at a key that needs CTRL+1,2,3,4,5 while using skill que
    If you just start the macro program then all varriables are set to "nil" so you need to set them to a number before they can be used in any math.
    Last edited by Vindicit; 05-25-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Banned

or you can just use the actual record feature if you dont have enough experience in scripts
    Last edited by Vindicit; 05-25-2011 at 10:29 PM.

I've actually done that, and after 5-6 casts it buggers out and drops the 5th key in the sequence. I have no idea what's wrong with it.

Anyway, looking at your script made my mistake clear, Ann. Thanks. I've gotten it working - still playing with it.
    Happy to help!

The one button for all five motifs would be tricky... I havn't played around with macros too much in this game - I'm not even sure what range of functionality they offer beyond simple "cast <spell>".

Quote Originally Posted by Annalea View Post
    Happy to help!

The one button for all five motifs would be tricky... I havn't played around with macros too much in this game - I'm not even sure what range of functionality they offer beyond simple "cast <spell>".
    It's fairly basic. There's no sequencing, and minimal modifier support. Still, for consolidating buffs and finishers, it works.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast