+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A little confused

Telaran

Default A little confused

So I am running the ranger/mm/sin build for pve and I was in Expert AP today. The tank actually yelled at me for using this spec and called me a "tardbarn" and said that the only spec to use in instance/raids is mm/sin/bard. I have been trying to find an example of this build somewhere so I could test my dps with it, but have been unable to find it. So 2 questions - 1. does anyone know where I can find an example of it to try and 2. is it true that the spec I am running is wrong? My gear is a couple of pieces of t2 pvp gear and a mix of blues/epics from t1 instances and I am hitting roughly 550 dps on single target practice dummies

Telaran

You shoulda switched to riftstalker and kicked the tank and got a dps to replace the real 'tardbarn' in your group.

dmv

While I wouldn't say your spec is optimized for dps. A bard spec isn't going to help. Now excuse me while I try and figure out what exactly a "tardbarn" is.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

dmv

Urban dictionary had this to say.

Tardbarn 13 up, 3 down
    buy tardbarn mugs, tshirts and magnets
    the place where the stupid kids in your class go. there are 3 types:
    extreme: the kind that are proud of going to the romper room. they are more than proud to mention they need extra time on tests, and can't comprehend simple topics. also, extremes will proudly put it in your face, that they go to "support study" where someone does their homework for them.

warriors: they are the kind that will constantly do things wrong, and get in fights. they do this for one sole reason, they can't get in trouble. everytime one screws up, they go to the tardbarn and they are safe. these are the ones that are the most annoying.

escapee's: these ones are tough to deal with, because they dont think they belong in the tardbarn. they will be in regular classes, and somehow you always get stuck with them in your group. they will never get an answer right, and they are always acting like they care. they will try so hard to solve things, and unforutnately for everyone they are convinced they can be mainstreamed. generally it is apparent that they are not ready for actual learning, and should go home to the tardbarn.

The tardbarn is a very interesting place, and it will be almost immediate that you are able to categorize someone that is in the room. Girls tend to end up in the escapee category much more often. Thugs in the warrior section. The dumbest of all of them end up in the Extreme area, because they realize they can't do real work.
    Every school has it, the room for ******s. Many names are used, including: tardbarn, romper room, sped shed.
    by dan Feb 14, 2005 share this
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Telaran

Lol well thank you for explaining what a tardbarn is. But I'm still trying to figure out what the optimal ranged spec is. The ranger pve guide a few topics below mine is what I'm using and I cant see anything wrong with it. It seems like people assume that a ranged rogue's dps is pure crap for some reason. It's really beginning to piss me off lol. I was in a T1 the other night and our mage disconnected. The healer said we needed to wait for him because "he is most of our dps" even though my gear is better by far. So any help you guys that have actually tested the numbers on different specs could provide would be great. Just trying to figure out the best possible spec/rotation I can so people will start to realize that mages arent the end all be all of dps

Champion

first of all you dont need optimal dps for 5 man experts.

secondly your spec should be fine, you should easily be able to pull the 600+ dps that is recommended in t2's with it (may want to check sozu's guide)

thirdly your tank was an *** and should be ignored/kicked.

Rift Chaser

Your tank did indeed sound like a ****** if he yelled at you for that. Rng/MM/Sin is a strong build.

Besides, it's not a single bit of anyone's concern what build you're running as long as you're able to do your job effectively.

Edit: Wow, dou.che is sensored? What is this place, kindergarten? -_-
    Last edited by Threx; 05-26-2011 at 01:58 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Threx View Post
    Edit: Wow, dou.che is sensored? What is this place, kindergarten? -_-
    Apparently this is pre-school, I'm pretty sure i could spell CENSORED in kindergarten....

+ Reply to Thread