+ Reply to Thread

Thread: @ level 21 - thoughts on build

Soulwalker

Default @ level 21 - thoughts on build

At level 21 (PVE Melee) I looking at building my 2nd role like this:

13BD/10NB/4SIN

Main thinking was using Deadly Strike as the Finisher (Via rotation), thus allowing a nice lead off with Assassinate on the next mob when stealthed or a the next 3 attackes with the damage buff.

I was wondering if I'm way out in left field (i.e Shoudl have spent the points better other ways) or am I heading in the general direction of most BD/NB/SIN builds?

Appreciate the insight, helps me learn to play better. Trust me I know I'm new... it shows. LOL

Thanks,
    Horde
    Last edited by Hord; 05-25-2011 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hord View Post

13BD/10NB/4SIN

Main thinking was using Deadly Strike as the Finisher (Via rotation), thus allowing a nice lead off with Assassinate on the next mob when stealthed or a the next 3 attackes with the damage buff.

I was wondering if I'm way out in left field (i.e Shoudl have spent the points better other ways) or am I heading in the general direction of most BD/NB/SIN builds?

Appreciate the insight, helps me learn to play better. Trust me I know I'm new... it shows. LOL

Thanks,
    Horde
    at this lvl prob better off with a bd/rs split tbh, get the thing that returns hp from rs and the defensvie stuff from bd and you will destroy mobs.

i personally lvl'd as sab or ranger but im sure the melee builds work well too :P
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Disciple

13BD/10NB/4SIN

Thanks,
    Horde
    Spot on. Always finish with Deadly Strike for the 105% damage buff. You will often finish off the mob with the next Keen / Quick Strike, leaving 1 charge of 105% damage for your next Assassinate.

Can't really help you with the build you're going for but if you get bored with it I would recommend the RS/SIN/NB build here: http://www.riftjunkies.com/forums/sh...ker-Nightblade

I played around with a few different builds and that's the one that ended up working the best for me while leveling.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nefai View Post
    Spot on. Always finish with Deadly Strike for the 105% damage buff. You will often finish off the mob with the next Keen / Quick Strike, leaving 1 charge of 105% damage for your next Assassinate.
    Forgot to mention, and missed the edit timer, but I'd go 5 in Combat Expertise over 2 in Strike Back and 2 in Blade and fury.

Soulwalker

I have putzed around looking at the RS build. I have to test it out, but i was thinking about this latest one more. I do recognize that it's more quick boom then lasting longer. it's all about finding the balance.

@ Daiy -Appreciate the build write up also. Looks interesting, like I stated about it is one of the other routes I am looking at.

@ Nefai - Question... I thought it would be better to get the reactional attack + the damage bonus to attack skills would lead to more DPS (average) over the extra +4% to hit? I know I have no math to back any of that up but it seem to me for the amount of points being spent, that having it that way gave me a lot more than just 5 in one. I can be wrong, just the way it looked.

Rift Disciple

@ Nefai - Question... I thought it would be better to get the reactional attack + the damage bonus to attack skills would lead to more DPS (average) over the extra +4% to hit? I know I have no math to back any of that up but it seem to me for the amount of points being spent, that having it that way gave me a lot more than just 5 in one. I can be wrong, just the way it looked.
    That's why I tried to qualify with "I'd go with" versus, "It would be better to"

I definitely have no numbers, I just never bothered going partially into the dodge talents. Either Quick Reflexes, Strike Back and Retaliate or Blade Finesse and Combat Expertise.

As far as 2 in Combat Expertise versus 2 in Blade and Fury, 10% damage on Keen Strike, but only after a Quick Strike or Precision Strike seemed like a waste for solo leveling, where I'd rarely get a followup Keen Strike since everything dies so fast. In dungeons it would be a lot better.

You'll eventually open with a 3 CP Assassinate (guaranteed crit, usually 105% increased damage) then a 2 CP Puncture, finish with Deadly Strike, then a Keen Strike and a Precision Strike... and they are usually dead by then. Sometimes you get a second Keen Strike off after that Precision Strike, but not often.

Rift Disciple

Default lv 21 build

0AS/13BD/14RS Is what I'd spec at 21. I'm currently using the Cuisinart spec found HERE. I'm 39 right now and can take 4-5 mobs at a time EASILY...

Soulwalker

@Nefai - Ok I can see the points about about the +damage to keen strike. I might take those 2 out and move them over. Best of both... who knows.

@Plague - I do like the RS spec, I might run 2 different roles to see which I like better. Sad part is I'd love to mix some of 4 different specs LOL.

+ Reply to Thread