+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Essences: Which is Better? +stats or 'chance for damage'?

Ven
    Telaran

Default Essences: Which is Better? +stats or 'chance for damage'?

I'm suspecting +dex and +AP trumps 'chance for damage/buff' until fairly high gear levels.

Basically meaning quality lessers are better in greater slots.

True?
    Last edited by Ven; 05-25-2011 at 07:43 AM.

well, I think it really depends.. T2's and Expert Rifts. I think that having BIS Greaters are better, not the +21 Attack Power or the +42 Crit (chance on hit) but if any of the lower end Greaters are any good I would have to say that the +42 crit is the best easy to get greater essence.. I used to run it and it was nice. I now use Necrotic Semblance and Mortuous Shadeshard. Pre 1.2 the Mortuous Shadeshard was not the best Greater Essence for Rogues but now that it procs at least every 2 seconds It is a must have on my list.. The better the Weapon the better result so you need at least 25.6 daggers and they are very easy to get.. Im running 29.2 dps daggers and I notice that I do a good amount of white dmg.. You can always get stat buffs but there are no buffs that willl give you an extra weapon swing every 2 seconds or so and since rouges use posions that extra swing is nice since thats also an extra chance my posions will proc.. Another nice thing about the Mortuous Shadeshard is (even though it does not say it) it gives you extra ranged shots and when your using the new well known Sab build that uses your ranged weapon thats another good thing to have extra shots = posions and procs off other things like the Trinket Shard of Planes (thats a must have trinket +41 AP but thats for another thread)... But yeah the Necrotic Semblance 50 attack power that is up 90% of the time if not more is great for Melee or Sab/MM or Ranger if you will, Will you? I wont... Okkkkk.. I think ima go to bed now.
    I do agree with you though, having Lessers in your Two Greater Essence slots is awesome right?

Champion

do remember you could have 2 of the +crit greaters equiped now, for example the +42 and the +31 one and they can both trigger at once for a 73 crit increase (and if you can get the level 50 one you could potentially get +93)

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

Procs are pretty damn good in raids where you have a warrior with spotter's order.

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dasorine View Post
    do remember you could have 2 of the +crit greaters equiped now, for example the +42 and the +31 one and they can both trigger at once for a 73 crit increase (and if you can get the level 50 one you could potentially get +93)
    You can buy lessers that give you more than +31 crit passively, on top of AP, resists, etc.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Champion

yeah which is why you'd only use the level 32 greater until you could get at least a level 45 other.

I mean if you have the level 50 and the level 42 flamesource you get 93 crit, not sure if theres any lessers that will give 93 crit, dare say they'd be around the 60 mark with a bunch of AP and some resists though.

depends if your stacking a stat or not.

I'd use the 50 AP proc one that guardians have access to, but the other AP/Crit proc greaters are inferior to lessers. ~15AP and ~32 crit from a lesser beats a 50 crit proc for every spec and gear level in the game.

The Hellfire Blades and Shadowfire greaters are good if you always DPS as ranger or something with nightblade in it. Mortuous is better than lessers if you have raid weapons I believe, but I'm not sure about how well it parses with t2 weapons. Hopefully I'll get a relic this week and replace my CVB with the Mortuous to test how it does with a spectrum of different weapons. CVB is 10-12 DPS which is similar to what a lesser essence is worth.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

Mortuous parses as a bladedancer at around 12-15 dps. Raid buffed and full T3.
    Last edited by Draegan; 05-25-2011 at 10:49 AM.

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Draegan View Post
    Mortuous parses as a bladedancer at around 12-15 dps. Raid buffed and full T3.
    with relic dagger and 2 +12 whetstones it parses at 25dps. spec isnt what ups this dmg, weapon and whetstones do, so long as you are a melee spec it will parse these numbers.

6 lessers are best, no greaters do anything for saboteur and if you dont use saboteur for any bosses at all then you are doing something wrong :P
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Dunno if I`m doing it wrong, but so far I`ve got all my slots with the various +crit lessers from the faction rift vendors for me sab. Should be ok... right? =X

And what`s this flaming whatcha with a chance to proc crit? Don`t think I`ve ever seen it 0.o

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Raynald View Post
    Dunno if I`m doing it wrong, but so far I`ve got all my slots with the various +crit lessers from the faction rift vendors for me sab. Should be ok... right? =X

And what`s this flaming whatcha with a chance to proc crit? Don`t think I`ve ever seen it 0.o
    As long as you dont go putting in spell essences your not going to do too badly, I think the difference between all the different essence combinations is going to be a few dps at most anyway, its just max-minners want their top scores (so do I darnit!)

but flamesources: http://rift.zam.com/en/search.html?q=flamesource

looking at the torched and scorched ones mainly

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    with relic dagger and 2 +12 whetstones it parses at 25dps. spec isnt what ups this dmg, weapon and whetstones do, so long as you are a melee spec it will parse these numbers.

6 lessers are best, no greaters do anything for saboteur and if you dont use saboteur for any bosses at all then you are doing something wrong :P
    This is how I went as well, 6 crit lesser for my sabo.

+ Reply to Thread