+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How many of us leveled quite high before you knew you had to train your skills?

Default How many of us leveled quite high before you knew you had to train your skills?

Well, it just so happens I'm level 39 (obviously new to rift) and last night I heard some comment in a bg from someone when I was playing my bard soul and she commented 'looks like someone didn't train their spells'. I was blasting away motifs.

I thought to myself, wait a minute do I have to train my skills? I've been doing ok in BGs but my mighty 200 final blows and deadly strikes got me wondering.

Wow I'm a noob!

Prophet of Telara

You get a quest during the first 10 levels that specifically sends you to the trainer to train up your skills.

Champion

yeah its around level 4 you get that quest, I'd actually gone to train up before I got that quest also ><
    Last edited by Dasorine; 05-25-2011 at 05:12 AM.

Rift Disciple

All I can say is thats not good. But then again maybe you compencated for the lack of skills and now that you have them you'll be beast. lol

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidar View Post
    Well, it just so happens I'm level 39 (obviously new to rift) and last night I heard some comment in a bg from someone when I was playing my bard soul and she commented 'looks like someone didn't train their spells'. I was blasting away motifs.

I thought to myself, wait a minute do I have to train my skills? I've been doing ok in BGs but my mighty 200 final blows and deadly strikes got me wondering.

Wow I'm a noob!
    What got me was the Souls. I just got my 3 and thought I was stuck with them. Later I realized what purchasing Roles was all about, and all the quests to get the souls.

I didn't play or read up on Rift before I bought it, and was learning in game. I didn't think I was going to like it and thought it was another fail MMO (Aion).

Once I learned the Souls I was hooked.

Xsi

So you ignored the trainers in the starting area? Didn't you at least go 'huh, rogue trainer over there, maybe I should see what that guy does?'

That being said, I definitely missed train ups at the earliest level while leveling up. The Ranger Boar pet train ups are the worst since the boar just stops leveling with you and suddenly you get aggro over and over and wonder why.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Quote Originally Posted by Xsi View Post
    So you ignored the trainers in the starting area? Didn't you at least go 'huh, rogue trainer over there, maybe I should see what that guy does?'

That being said, I definitely missed train ups at the earliest level while leveling up. The Ranger Boar pet train ups are the worst since the boar just stops leveling with you and suddenly you get aggro over and over and wonder why.
    Well I _thought_ the rogue trainer when you train your skills was the same as pressing 'N' and training up your skills, lol. I didn't make the connection that you have to train them up higher besides unlocking new skills/spells.

And, when I saw roles I read up on that and thought the trainer was there to (1) replicate what you do with the 'N' command, (2) let you purchase new roles, and (3) let you respec your current active role.

Rift Chaser

I lold but i can see how someone could do this if they havent played many/any mmos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Those americans...Everytime there is a blackout, they all start luting.

Soulwalker

Default Ignorance

So, everyone who paid any attention to the starting quests OR has played MMORPGs got it, and those who didn't pay attention to starting quests, read anything outside of the game, or ask around, didn't.

Starting quests teach you how to play. If you skip those AND don't check out any manuals or websites, you're voluntarily giving up on learning how to play, which is fine assuming you do.

Basically, you were told, and brushed it off with an "I know". Personally, this thread made me LOL.

+ Reply to Thread