+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rift Stalker tank build discussion?

Shadowlander

I've been 51 point RS tanking for a few weeks now. I enjoy it, I also use BD and RNG as my other souls. While I can really see the benefit from the extra 2% damage reduction by moving one point from RS to RNG, at 8600 health fully buffed, I can argue that Scatter has saved my *** a few times. Once I gear up a bit, I can see it losing its shine, but at the lower end of the tanking spectrum it's an excellent and reliable "oh sh*t" button.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by remilafo View Post
    #2 Scatter the shadow is nice (at first) but in a co-ordinated group you should never need this skill. IMO i recommend 50RS/8BD/8R ... It is currently the best Single Target boss tanking spec in the game.
    In terms of running T1/2s, I agree. Those dungeons are so easy they can be tanked by 44 RS builds, maybe even less. If you ever get into tank raiding, however, especially MT, StS is almost required.

Soulwalker

Default Well my thoughts

I also am a rogue tank and have to say though I think 51rs/8bd/7rn is the way to go for raiding I do enjoy 51rs/8bd/7bard for groups. STS is a life savor in a pug. many times i have popped this allowing the healer to heal the group in AoE fights. Cadence rocks as a puller. I often have 3 to 5 combo points built by the time they get to me. Sitting at 9.7k HP self buffed (this with pug blue gear and outfitter made armor). I just feel more comfirtable sitting at that high of HP over lower amounts with Ranger. Often i just open up a pull with the 10% damage reduction cooldown and build up my second set of points. Again im not running T2s yet but I find T1s a cake walk. Over all though either way your making it easier on your healer than i think any warrior tank can. We just control a fight way much better i feel. Also remember if your taking alot of damage just port. I often setup Memory lapse a distance away from the fight if there is a problem with the healer pop a port. you take no damage as they run back to where you are....

Soulwalker

IMO the best way to tank raids is to have atleast 2 tank specs. i know i can fit them into my 5 roles pretty easily. Some builds are better for certain situations than others. For example, Rift Scavenger is next to useless for a single-target fight but very useful for a multitarget fight. While my build is alittle unorthodox you get the general difference between my single-target build
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html
    and my multi-target build
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html

Why dont those links work...
    They are both 36RS/22BD/8RNG builds but with a few key differences
    Last edited by Whoopyou725; 06-23-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krazed59 View Post
    In terms of running T1/2s, I agree. Those dungeons are so easy they can be tanked by 44 RS builds, maybe even less. If you ever get into tank raiding, however, especially MT, StS is almost required.
    This.

StS is worth every point prior to it.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

under ideal circumstances, just about any tanking build is going to work... Under less then ideal circumstances, such as when you have a bad healer, what is going to help the most? its probably not going to be effective health, t2's don't do that much damage, and theres a long time between full health and no health even without bard. If all of a sudden you see yourself at very low health, scatter the shadow's is the best way to give your health time to catch up. Spending 8 pts in BD and getting 10% dodge is a great increase in survivability. and then i typically chose ranger for the added health, mitigation, and the ranged combo pt builders...
    the beatings will continue until morale improves

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2