+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftstalker Planar attraction range?

Rift Disciple

Default Riftstalker Planar attraction range?

I'm a little ways off from this, but was wondering, what's the range on it and is there any way to make it hit a target? Thinking of using it to do that one guardian quest where you have to kill the guy right in front of Meridian, to get him further away from the PVP line.

Telaran

It's an AOE that hit up to 5 enemy. No way to catch a target that I know. I guess the 5 catched are the closest to you. I don't know the range but sadly it's not a big one, let's say it's medium size.

Champion

its about a 10m radius around you and 5 closest targets.

Soulwalker

and the path needs to be clear
    even the mob is behind a small stone it doesnt work

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Tricycle View Post
    and the path needs to be clear
    even the mob is behind a small stone it doesnt work
    This, and the main problem is if you can hit it with Planar attraction you can usually just hit it with rift disturbance. Also quite a few mobs are just simply immune to it, and I dont just mean "mini-boss" type mobs or adds on boss fights. It does help group up very spread out mobs for AoE by your group and make it easier to see when a teammate catches aggro.

I would support raising its range, but if it was much bigger you could run into issues pulling another whole set of mobs.
    Last edited by Noburu; 05-25-2011 at 07:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Those americans...Everytime there is a blackout, they all start luting.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Noburu View Post
    This, and the main problem is if you can hit it with Planar attraction you can usually just hit it with rift disturbance. It does help group up very spread out mobs for AoE by your group and make it easier to see when a teammate catches aggro.

I would support raising its range, but if it was much bigger you could run into issues pulling another whole set of mobs.
    Even if you can hit em with rift disturbance, you may still need the snap taunt of the attraction, there has been time when I've wailed on a mob with disturb+blitz+3xplanar strike and its still decided it likes the taste of healer better

Soulwalker

The range is pretty small and youd aggro the guards anyway. For that specific quest though, if you wait patiently the mob will patrol away from the guards and you can grab him, he doesnt do it often though, i had to wait like 5-10 mins

Champion

yeah its a long wait and your most lilkely gonna end up flagged no matter what due to moving too close to meridian.

When I did it me and a friend just bumrushed the mobs while I put up my RS defenses then looted before we died. Waitings for patient people!

+ Reply to Thread