+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A few bard questions

Soulwalker

Cool A few bard questions

So I am currently a PVE bard, with a Bard/ranger/nightblade spec, would that be the most preferable up until a certain level? I hear at 30 you lose your pet. If that is true, would I go riftstalker after that?

Second question would be what's a good raid Bard set up? I am reading a lot of a 51 point Bard set up for raids, if that is so, what would the other sub classes be?

Thanks for your help in advance, I am a Noob!

Shadowlander

The best for me is 51 bard with 15 in rift for the extra survivability and the two teleports to zap me away if im in trouble. Works out pretty well..and you get great buffs with the 51 point spec.

Default Options for a 51 point bard spec...

Well the 8 points in Nightblade are pretty much non-negotiable for bards. +24% damage (and therefore healing) to Cadence is just so good.

The other 7 can go in a few different places:
    • Riftstalker for the 25% AP, the plane shift, and the bonus endurance
    • Saboteur for the +15% dexterity
    • Ranger for the +5% crit, the self AP buff, and forcing the "weapon damage" portion of the abilities to use your ranged weapon instead of your melee weapon, which is generally a good thing
    I haven't raided as a bard, so I'm not sure which is preferable.

Soulwalker

interestings. I am also reading that you should go 51 bard? I dunno so many choices, but I really like my Bard thus far.

Unhappy awwww

We lose our pet's at 30? Why come?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kelfi View Post
    We lose our pet's at 30? Why come?
    The first 2 pets in the ranger tree (The Razorbeast and Dire Wolf) only level up to 30.

Beyond 30 they become increasingly useless (As they can't hit things, and get mauled to death near instantly)

So to keep pets above level 30 you need to put in enough points to get the Greater Dire Wolf (22 point root ability), the Greater Razorbeast (24 point root ability) or the Blood Raptor (31 point talent)

hello guys,

this is the bard build i use for raids/dungeons.

32BRD/17BD/17Sin

keep in mind that i have a Bard core / healing trinket to backup my bard heals.
    bard core contains 4 lessers crit essences and 2 greaters (crystal vine + the absorb greater from IPP Whitefall)
    my healing trinket is the sacred heirloom of eth ( DSM drop )

remind that its a bit dangerous sometimes since its a melee bard, and im in melee range all the time ( so watch them cleaves )
    i also use lethal poison / virulent poison.
    we usually have 2 bards in the raid, one 51 bard and me to assist healing on the melee.

i open with riff -> deadly strike (3 stacks of deadly dance ) -> 2 * cadence -> coda of restoration -> 1 * cadence = all 3 stacks of deadly dance are over and you got 3 CP on the target.
    then i do cadence again but only for 2 points = 5CP -> then deadly strike again.
    rinse repeat.

with both bard core / trinket and with cadence benefitting from deadly dance buff, i get a steady healing stream to keep up melee / close people.

cheers,
    steve
    Last edited by stdem; 05-24-2011 at 10:02 PM.
    The Unnamed - Bloodb
    The Unnamed Homepage
    one of my favorite quotes:
    "you don't quit gaming caus you grow old, you grow old caus you quit gaming"
    Oliver Wendell Holmes.

bah, edit permissions over.

i wanted to add, that in raids i keep up only the 2 healing motifs, while the other bard keeps up 5 motifs.
    in dungeons i keep the 5 motifs up ofc.

cheers,
    steve
    The Unnamed - Bloodb
    The Unnamed Homepage
    one of my favorite quotes:
    "you don't quit gaming caus you grow old, you grow old caus you quit gaming"
    Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Whatever you take, take 13 DB for Deadly Dance.
    Something like that:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...z.0VMcx0b.E00N

You have 2 free points and whatever 3rd soul you want.
    PS:I prefer 44 bard for the Verse of Vitaly.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by 2Tib View Post
    Well the 8 points in Nightblade are pretty much non-negotiable for bards. +24% damage (and therefore healing) to Cadence is just so good.

The other 7 can go in a few different places:
    • Riftstalker for the 25% AP, the plane shift, and the bonus endurance
    • Saboteur for the +15% dexterity
    • Ranger for the +5% crit, the self AP buff, and forcing the "weapon damage" portion of the abilities to use your ranged weapon instead of your melee weapon, which is generally a good thing
    I haven't raided as a bard, so I'm not sure which is preferable.
    Thanks for this. Hard to choosed between RS and Sab.

+ Reply to Thread