+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pvp makes me so frustrated...advice plz

Shadowlander

Default pvp makes me so frustrated...advice plz

hi all

im still a rather new players but pvp makes me want to quit the game sometimes. I love pvp but lately its just been getting on my nerves. Ill explain

My rogue is lvl 35 and healers are just impossible to kill. i mainly do WFs and healers seem to just heal right through all my dps. its like they lol at me as im hitting them not even moving their health bar. it cant be gear cuz im sure they arent in all epics in the mid 30 range. my spec is 32 sin 13 rift 0 ranger.

Ill open with something like jagged strike > puncture > impale > etc and that just seems to do nothing. maybe lowers their health by about 30% in which they just heal up. an issue i see in lack of interrupts. only thing i have is foul play. so they are just free casting on me to heal and damage. any advice on how to take out healers? thanks

Soulwalker

You will not kill a skilled cleric at your lvl unless you greatly outgear/skill him. I pvp lvled for most of my 1-50 and I can tell you that Nightblade is the king for WF's at lower levels. 31 Nightblade and then throw the rest in ***. you'll be able to take out anything but a skilled cleric with this spec. gl

Soulwalker

I am no expert on rogue PvP , only being lvl 27 atm but loving it a lot. I am sure more people of higher lvl and experience here will give some more enlightening advice. But where I am in the WFs I don't attack clerics unless I have support , best to just sap/incapacitate em and turn your attention to other targets. It sucks I know , but I can't kill em either in any sort of time frame that makes it worthwhile , ie I get adds or their heals outstrip my dmg.
    Last edited by mako69; 05-24-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Carrtman View Post
    You will not kill a skilled cleric at your lvl unless you greatly outgear/skill him. I pvp lvled for most of my 1-50 and I can tell you that Nightblade is the king for WF's at lower levels. 31 Nightblade and then throw the rest in ***. you'll be able to take out anything but a skilled cleric with this spec. gl

ah, well thats depressing but its good to know that it wasnt just me. cant believe how powerful heals are in this game.

can u link me a nightblade spec? i was reading 34nb/32sin is a decent spec but i cant find a link to the actual spec.

It's not soo much class to class then soul to soul, you'll have to build your souls to take utility away from the cleric and reach thresholds to counter their healing. Think about reducing healing, interrupting, silencing, and bursting. Also you have to get a feel for how other players operate, sadly the healing is a tad ridiculous but you can try to goad them into cooldowns and setting up your burst for the opportune time.
    "Never give up and never surrender!"

So, it's just you 57 cops against KUNG FU JOE? Master of KUNG-FU, KARATE, JIU-JITSU, and all kinds of other shiz you ain't never heard of! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

The important thing is understanding the role your rogue plays during warfronts.

For me, I am primary assassin. So there's a lot of things you can do.

Perma-Stealth is important to me, while on it, you have many options.

Sneak up to unsuspecting cloths wearers and disrupting their support.
    Sneak up to healers and disrupting their heals to the group.
    Sneak up to the crystal protector, incapacitate their pet, kick them senseless, and make away with the crystal.
    Assassinate/jagged the melee while they are fighting with your teammate.
    Sneak and protect the flag bearer, when someone is on them, incapacitate or kick them senseless, allowing your mate to safely run further.

You can play a lot of roles, it's up to you and the situation.
    It's very fun for me, frankly. The best class I play in RIFT.

Soulwalker

[QUOTE=Red Star;2484551]
    Perma-Stealth is important to me, while on it, you have many options.

Sneak up to unsuspecting cloths wearers and disrupting their support.
    Sneak up to healers and disrupting their heals to the group.
    Sneak up to the crystal protector, incapacitate their pet, kick them senseless, and make away with the crystal.
    Assassinate/jagged the melee while they are fighting with your teammate.
    Sneak and protect the flag bearer, when someone is on them, incapacitate or kick them senseless, allowing your mate to safely run further.

QUOTE]

He said it the best, it's all about situational awareness and knowing what to do when.. Sometimes the best way to nullify a healer is with CC while your team beats down the dps. Especially where most of the time you are doing a random queue so you will find the majority of your group not dpsing the proper target. You should take the initative and assist how you can.

Soulwalker

Lol I still have problems killing clerics at lvl 50 with rank 4! And ya, they do lol at any rogue that jumps em!
    Last edited by Pewpew78; 05-25-2011 at 06:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread