+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nightblade 1.2 in Warfronts Video

Telaran

Default Nightblade 1.2 in Warfronts Video

With all the posts on Assassin, Bladedancer and Marksman builds for PvP, I thought I would let everyone know that the Nightblade is still very good for PvP. Actually, it's better for 1.2 since it's harder to keep your opponent CCed, so range damage is even more important.

The MM FOTM build is just not suited for my play style. I don't like sitting back at 35 meters shooting/purging opponents who are fighting other players and then say how awesome I am because I have 20 Killing Blows lol. Also, MM are like paper and have low survivability so if a warrior or a rogue opens up on you, you're dead unless you have a healer near by. Well, the difference between the NB and MM play styles are the MM tend to stay/run away from the battles while the NB tends to run to the battle with Melee/Range skills with good survivability. Good build. none the less, but not for me who likes to be in the thick of battle.

The Sin/BD or SIN/INF builds are good. Good burst but you will be kited more often, even with Flash of Steel to close the gap, it's just not enough, but better than nothing. Slip away is good for getting away, if it's not on cool down. With all the MM FOTM out there now, I tend to prefer the NB to these builds post 1.2.

Don't beleive me, just watch the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYC9v..._order&list=UL

Soulwalker

51 Nightblade / 15 Infiltrator is a beast in PvP.

Especially Whitefall.
    Dese ~ Irony Rogue

Plane Walker

I use 51 nb 7 ra 8 rs. Gives 10% dmg reduc, 30m ranged builder/finisher, 5% crit, 46 ap, 42 endurance, a blink and 15% AP. I'm quite fond of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwave View Post
    With all the posts on Assassin, Bladedancer and Marksman builds for PvP, I thought I would let everyone know that the Nightblade is still very good for PvP. Actually, it's better for 1.2 since it's harder to keep your opponent CCed, so range damage is even more important.

The MM FOTM build is just not suited for my play style. I don't like sitting back at 35 meters shooting/purging opponents who are fighting other players and then say how awesome I am because I have 20 Killing Blows lol. Also, MM are like paper and have low survivability so if a warrior or a rogue opens up on you, you're dead unless you have a healer near by. Well, the difference between the NB and MM play styles are the MM tend to stay/run away from the battles while the NB tends to run to the battle with Melee/Range skills with good survivability. Good build. none the less, but not for me who likes to be in the thick of battle.

The Sin/BD or SIN/INF builds are good. Good burst but you will be kited more often, even with Flash of Steel to close the gap, it's just not enough, but better than nothing. Slip away is good for getting away, if it's not on cool down. With all the MM FOTM out there now, I tend to prefer the NB to these builds post 1.2.

Don't beleive me, just watch the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYC9v..._order&list=UL
    Nice vid. One of the only good NBs i've seen.

Props
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

what build you running in the video? I run 44NB/22RS build and I love it

Soulwalker

Once I save up another 100 plat for a 5th role I'll definitely have to play around a bit with nightblade.

Hah! regardless of playstyles and personal perferences, some of us actually played MM before the 1.2 patch too!

But yeah, I agree that the "fotm" specs did sacrifice alot of survivability from the NB tree to get the purge ^^

I miss the NB snare, damage reduction and SoD

Guess we can spec back to NB for the old MM specs when they nerf Eradicate to oblivion ^^
    "The universe is a machine where you have been placed, and like a machine the outcome can be known. Every battle has already been won or lost. All that is left is for you to choose your side."

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by SabreWolf View Post
    what build you running in the video? I run 44NB/22RS build and I love it
    44 NB / 21 INF / 1 RS

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...h.iItoGqgoos.z

44 NB / 22RS is also good, better against melee but this build is better for killing clerics and mages.

Woot looks nice!
    And better that the MM...Hate it!

Rift Disciple

Why no melted skin? Seems like an easy dps increase to loose dark containment and one other

What macros do you use?

It seems your general set up is:

dark malady, then you slam the following macro?

cast dusk strike
    cast primal strike
    cast twilight force
    cast fiery spike

Starting from a small range, you will insta snare with the twilight force, get 2-3 fiery spikes, then be at melee?

Then what, SoD if you are toe to toe(blazing strike if on cd), Flame Thrust if they run away. Dusk to Dawn is to root runners or kill people low on health?

Just trying to envision the build working vs a BD/Assassin (which is my current melee builder, but I'm not in love with it; however charging, roots, and stuns are very sexy).

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Duske View Post
    Why no melted skin? Seems like an easy dps increase to loose dark containment and one other

What macros do you use?

cast dusk strike
    cast primal strike
    cast twilight force
    cast fiery spike

Starting from a small range, you will insta snare with the twilight force, get 2-3 fiery spikes, then be at melee?

Then what, SoD if you are toe to toe(blazing strike if on cd), Flame Thrust if they run away. Dusk to Dawn is to root runners or kill people low on health?

Just trying to envision the build working vs a BD/Assassin (which is my current melee builder, but I'm not in love with it; however charging, roots, and stuns are very sexy).
    I'm betting no melted skin because his poisons are fell blades and cloudy.

wow you have a lot of hotbars. I've gotten my assassin down to about 6 buttons.

My MM on the other hand has about 2 hotbars full.
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Telaran

What macros do you use?

cast dusk strike
    cast primal strike
    cast twilight force
    cast fiery spike

I don't have Melted Skin since I use Cloudy Poison and Fell Blades for weapon procs.

The NB is a good all around build. It's not easy to master, but when you do, you will change battles. Kill their clerics and mages, pick up flags easily with Black Out. Really helps to have range for those jumping clerics, range them in the air and melee them when they land.

You don't have slip away, but you do have a 15 meter teleport from RS and Twilight Shelter for a get away if needed.

Macros

#show dust strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast dusk strike
    cast primal strike

#show twilight force
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast twilight force
    cast fiery spike

#show scourge of darkness
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast scourge of darkness
    cast blazing strike

#show Dark Containment
    stopcasting
    cast @mouseover dark containment

Telaran

Looks like fun. I'll have to play around with it when I'm higher ranked. T3 gear has nice punch but I'm squishy and feel better kiting at long range, nice vid.

What macros do you use?

cast dusk strike
    cast primal strike
    cast twilight force
    cast fiery spike

I wouldnt put twilight force into that macro, you are better off having acess to it out of sequence. try to save dusk till dawn for kiters or peels (although the ability is pretty borked right now, basically only builds combo points right now, occasionally does damage, and rarely roots someone, and never for longer than 3 ticks, it always seems to break at 3 ticks). Dont be afraid to open with smother vs casters, particularly as a peel and switch type opener.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 05-25-2011 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast