+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NB/RS PvP guide

Default NB/RS PvP guide

This is my first guide, so go easy on me with the feedback. I am only level 41, but have found this build to be very useful in many scenarios. I have also been playing since open beta, and level only through warfronts. I've played many builds, but mostly sin or sab.

The build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...xRso.Ec0cho00z

There are a few key aspects in this build, and there is a lot of versatility. The main role is to kill enemies, and is great for taking on 2 or 3 at a time.

I use no marcos, because adaptations are necceccary for this build. The 33 points in NB gets you some nice abilities that feed off of building CP. You will only use fiery spike and primal strike for CP, as they provide the most damage as CP building abilities at this level. The main finishers are Scourge of Darkness, Annihilate, and Flame Thrust. Keeping up buffs from the Riftstalker tree is important, especially the 15% crit chance.

To open, I usually use Conceal, Shadow Stalk, then Dark Malady. These will buff you up quick for the rest of the fight. Once you have the buffs up, stack Fiery spike x3. Then shoot off Annihilate. Keeping in melee distance is key, which is why having the points in RS is important. Once Annihilate is up, all of your attacks (like Twilight force and Dusk Strike) get a nice bonus.

Next you reapply Fiery Spike, and spam Primal Strike and Dusk Strike. Normally they have left melee range, but that's why having Twilight force (snare) and Fiery Chains is nice. Having mobility from RS is helpul too. Once 5 CP are built up, use Scourge of Darkness. That way the next 10 attacks get buffed. Having Annihilate and Scourge of Darkness up along with bonus from Dark Malady is a massive damage increase. Normally the guy would be dead by now, but let's assume it is in a large scale battle scenario.

Reapply fiery spike and continue to build up cp, using whatever is necceccary. Then use Flame thrust, which with all of the buffs is a deadly hit. Then repeat the steps.

That is the main way I attack a foe, but there are always x factors. Having Twilight Shelter and Dusk to Dawn are important for OMG! scenarios. Break Free is great when things get out of hand, then teleport away and pop Twilight Shelter.

I hope this guide provide some insight!

Harttzekar
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    This is my first guide, so go easy on me with the feedback. I am only level 41, but have found this build to be very useful in many scenarios. I have also been playing since open beta, and level only through warfronts. I've played many builds, but mostly sin or sab.

The build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...xRso.Ec0cho00z

There are a few key aspects in this build, and there is a lot of versatility. The main role is to kill enemies, and is great for taking on 2 or 3 at a time.

I use no marcos, because adaptations are necessary for this build. The 33 points in NB gets you some nice abilities that feed off of building CP. You will only use fiery spike and primal strike for CP, as they provide the most damage as CP building abilities at this level. The main finishers are Scourge of Darkness, Annihilate, and Flame Thrust. Keeping up buffs from the Riftstalker tree is important, especially the 15% crit chance.

To open, I usually use Conceal, Shadow Stalk, then Dark Malady. These will buff you up quick for the rest of the fight. Once you have the buffs up, stack Fiery spike x3. Then shoot off Annihilate. Keeping in melee distance is key, which is why having the points in RS is important. Once Annihilate is up, all of your attacks (like Twilight force and Dusk Strike) get a nice bonus.

Next you reapply Fiery Spike, and spam Primal Strike and Dusk Strike. Normally they have left melee range, but that's why having Twilight force (snare) and Fiery Chains is nice. Having mobility from RS is helpul too. Once 5 CP are built up, use Scourge of Darkness. That way the next 10 attacks get buffed. Having Annihilate and Scourge of Darkness up along with bonus from Dark Malady is a massive damage increase. Normally the guy would be dead by now, but let's assume it is in a large scale battle scenario.

Reapply fiery spike and continue to build up cp, using whatever is necceccary. Then use Flame thrust, which with all of the buffs is a deadly hit. Then repeat the steps.

That is the main way I attack a foe, but there are always x factors. Having Twilight Shelter and Dusk to Dawn are important for OMG! scenarios. Break Free is great when things get out of hand, then teleport away and pop Twilight Shelter.

I hope this guide provide some insight!

Harttzekar
    I ran this build before I got Rank 6 and switched to 44 NB/ 21 INF / 1 RS. It was a fun build with all the teleports. Here are a few suggestions:

I would take the 5 points in Toughened soul and get Planar Refuge and put the other 4 points in Great Fortitude or I would put them in the NB tree for Twilight Transcendence. Armor reduction doesn't help you too much in PvP, that's what you have valor for. The 30% reduction from Planars and the 3 second immunity from TS are much better for survivability.

For Nightblade, you really short changed yourself by not taking Ebon Fury, Night Stalker, Twilight Transcendence and Melted Skin (1 pt). Enkindle and Advanced Weapon Enchants are not necessary. I can't tell you how good Ebon Fury/Night Stalker is, you'll have to find out for yourself. Try to get to at least 38 points in NB to get Twilight Transcendence.

Good Luck!

I've run this build the most of all since launch and beta's, but now with the 1.2 patch, Nightblade has just fallen deathly behind in terms of dps compared to Assassin.

So now I run 51 sin / 15 bd.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    I've run this build the most of all since launch and beta's, but now with the 1.2 patch, Nightblade has just fallen deathly behind in terms of dps compared to Assassin.

So now I run 51 sin / 15 bd.
    We are talking about PvP. NB is still a very good killer, just plays differently. Still the best build (with INF) to kill clerics and mages.

Proof: Watch video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYC9v..._order&list=UL

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwave View Post
    I ran this build before I got Rank 6 and switched to 44 NB/ 21 INF / 1 RS. It was a fun build with all the teleports. Here are a few suggestions:

I would take the 5 points in Toughened soul and get Planar Refuge and put the other 4 points in Great Fortitude or I would put them in the NB tree for Twilight Transcendence. Armor reduction doesn't help you too much in PvP, that's what you have valor for. The 30% reduction from Planars and the 3 second immunity from TS are much better for survivability.

For Nightblade, you really short changed yourself by not taking Ebon Fury, Night Stalker, Twilight Transcendence and Melted Skin (1 pt). Enkindle and Advanced Weapon Enchants are not necessary. I can't tell you how good Ebon Fury/Night Stalker is, you'll have to find out for yourself. Try to get to at least 38 points in NB to get Twilight Transcendence.

Good Luck!
    Thanks for the help! And thanks everyone for the not negative feedback. I used to run a 41 Sin with inf build, but it got boring. No mobility or large arsenal.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

+ Reply to Thread