+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranged Rogue World PvP Grinding Build

Ven
    Telaran

Default Ranged Rogue World PvP Grinding Build

Anyone found what will work for PvP -and- work for grinding? My DPS build ("sozu" variety) works great but not enough get-away and survival/burst talents so leaves me deadmeat in world pvp.

If I go full MM I need to also be deep enough into Ranger for Greater Razorbeast but the DPS is weak to say the least and basically crit-free.

Anyone find a good mix for world pvp and quest/level grinding?

http://seelenplaner.telara.net/#rogu...2201031;35,051

This works rather well. I spec 6 into Ranger to get the crippling shot and Pred Instincts. Having the pet helps against Mobs as they'll be focused on him while you can kill them.

All the riftstalker points either help boost my damage after teleporting or reduce damage.

Also, crippling shot combined with shadow shift can make for a quick getaway if needed.

Against any melee opponent this build runs circles around them, literally.

You have attacks that boost your speed. An attack that slows their speed. You can knock them back. Their attacks will also boost your speed. You have an instant crit ability, and an instant attack for two of your most powerful attacks. 1v1 this build is awesome.

You also get a silencer attack for mages and clerics. Great to hit them when you can judge when they are about to heal.
    Last edited by darkwonders; 05-24-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Rift Chaser

My leveling/decent pve/pvp all in one build is deep ranger for the improved pets/escape artist (so I don't have to rely on inf for break free.) And now, you can go several different ways from here and I've tried a few.

My favorite is probably nightblade/mm. Most points go into nightblade to increase damage and get the damage reduction ability. Good for those times when you are hit without warning. This also gives you ranged sap and even better, ranged damage increase opener with dark malady. Open with this, followed by shadow fire on an unsuspecting target and the damage following will be pretty nice. MM gives you some utility, like range, knockback, and speed to help you gain ground and get away and you don't need many points to get the basics. I had the teleport from rift at first, but mm has been working better for me.

Another option is assassin instead of nightblade. This will give you perma stealth, allowing you to avoid and pick and choose your fights much easier. You also get more crits, but overall damage is about the same as nightblade from my experience. Both tree's have a mez, but assassin gets it much sooner then nightblade. Your stealth moves, however, are melee range, which kind of defeats the purpose of being range. You do get a stun with assassin, but it's also melee range. Best used when melee close to you to get away.

Also, use the wolf pet if pvping for the heal reduction obviously.

Rift Chaser

Actually, pondering on it a bit more, you could try a MM/Rift similar to that other post, but throw in rift scavenger for grinding and drop the pet altogether maybe. Not sure how that would work in practice with a ranged build. Could be something to try.

Should also disregard my assassin suggestion altogether also, as it's very much near the same spec as your original.

You could also try ranger/bard/mm maybe for heals perhaps. My problem with this is damage decrease though.

+ Reply to Thread