+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: State of Assassin in PvP

Shadowlander

Default State of Assassin in PvP

hi all, i dont get why so many people think Assassin is overpowered or even GOOD in any way, ill explain my story...

I am currently lvl 45 with 32assas/13BD/15RS, my gear is mostly up to date blues, all abilities fully trained.

in PvP i ussually open with jagged strike (300+ dmg per tick WILL crit), puncture( 50 dmg per tick adds 2 CB's), impale(170ish non crit per tick), foul play, keenstrike, quick strike, keen strike, quick strike, deadly strike( for +105% extra dmg on next 3 combo builders), Slip away+Assassinate( with deadly dance buff for 105% more dmg assassinate crits for 1800+) then just spam...

now that is my best way to deal dmg as an assassin, i have strong bleeds on them, and i get off a massive assassinate crit (this is all if they arent hopping around too much or are immune to snares or stuns)

but for some reason i cant even touch anything that can heal in ANY way, including DPS/healer hybrid specs. i just feel really gimp in WF's as an assassin, in my lvl bracket i get out DPS'd toe to toe by clerics and mages not even having to kite me to kill me. i thought the dmg i put out was decent but i just have cleric healers lolling at me while they focus heal someone else...

basically what im saying is, i feel gimped. Does it change at 50? or am i doing it all wrong as assassin with that little combo.

what do you guys tihnk about this problem im having?

dmv

Just wait till you see rank 6 wardens, you'll **** bricks.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Shadowlander

Rogues are worse now than before 1.2. Yes, my 5.5 rank rogue can totally own new 50's in blues/greens but equal rank mages, clerics and warriors OWN me.

Our damage was buffed a bit with the last patch but valor has done away with any gains seen with this damage. In fact I am doing less damage than before the patch.

I play on a shard where most of the pvp is against rank 5 and 6 premades and my damage is so terrible and survivability so bad that my friends and I are looking for another game to move to.

This games pvp is totally dependant upon gear. If you have the gear than no skill is necessary.

BUT I CAN OWN LOWBIE 50s

Soulwalker

dmv speak truths.

dayum them rank 6 wardens!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mojoxrisen View Post
    Rogues are worse now than before 1.2. Yes, my 5.5 rank rogue can totally own new 50's in blues/greens but equal rank mages, clerics and warriors OWN me.

Our damage was buffed a bit with the last patch but valor has done away with any gains seen with this damage. In fact I am doing less damage than before the patch.

I play on a shard where most of the pvp is against rank 5 and 6 premades and my damage is so terrible and survivability so bad that my friends and I are looking for another game to move to.

This games pvp is totally dependant upon gear. If you have the gear than no skill is necessary.

BUT I CAN OWN LOWBIE 50s
    Your doing it wrong. Im rank 5.5, 51sin 15inf and rarely lose to a warrior I open on, doesn't matter their rank.Mages go down fast except Chloro/locks are a pain but can be beat just have to use every too we havel.
    Clerics are another story and ill agree with you on. Anathema just doesn't touch them after P4 and sometimes I cant even seem to knock them below 1/2 if they use detaunt.
    Wraithtouch
    Rank 5.5 Rogue
    R1-51sin 15inf R2-44nb 22sin R3-44MM 22sin R4-51Bard
    Kick Rocks

Ven
    Telaran

Default The Problem isn't Assassin the Problem is GodMode Clerics

/heres10chars

I take down every class without a problem, except...you guessed it...PR6 healing clerics. I was doing the same pre 1.2 also.

I'd say find a good Sin to teach you the ropes.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Quote Originally Posted by mojoxrisen View Post

BUT I CAN OWN LOWBIE 50s
    Hm thats weird...cause i roflstomp PR6 warriors and rogues on a PR2 assassin....
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Soulwalker

two things,
    1) yes, destroying new lvl 50's is easy with 51/15/0 Sin/Inf/rng build, but anyone around R5-6 can be tough, Sin really starts to shine when you hit R4 pvp

2) choose your targets wisely, I usually end a decent WF with >15 KB's and in the top few DPS b/c I try to only attack those I know I can kill. Rogues and non Warlock mages take priority when healers aren't around (you should always be attacking enemy healers. Keeping the pressure on them makes them have to focus on themselves instead of healing others) and you would be surprised how much difference you can make just protecting your healers from enemy MM.

I am in no way an amazing player, just try to be smart in Wf's and Rogue is a blast to play

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Wraithe View Post
    hi all, i dont get why so many people think Assassin is overpowered or even GOOD in any way, ill explain my story...

I am currently lvl 45
    Well there's your problem.

Wait til you get Serpent Strike.

That thing is awesome if used correctly (Note: Not macro'd to every ability you have)

As a 51 Sin/15 BD I could take people out fairly well with Assassinate (Better than Jagged for burst unless you are expecting the fight to last it's full duration with no heals coming in...) > Puncture > Deadly Strike > Serpent Strike > Backstab > Savage Strike x 3 > Final Blow.

This was in my crappy quested blues...

I also see that better geared Sins consistently take me out in my MM spec via Paralyzing > Puncture > Deadly Strike > Serpent + Backstab. This seems to take me out before the stun wears off (Poorer geared rogues leave me at about 40% health with a few bleeds on (That take me down to about 20% health after finishing up))

Oh and just for a point of reference, my Assassinates critted for about 1700, my Deadly Strike for 1k, my Serpent Strike (With Deadly Dance) for 1800, my Backstab (With Deadly Dance) for 600 and my Final Blow for about 1.1-1.2k.

The Serpent Strikes I recieve hit for ~1900 - 2000 damage.
    Last edited by Taril; 05-24-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    Just wait till you see rank 6 wardens, you'll **** bricks.
    Just go MM and Eradicate the **** out of them until they log out and come to the forums QQing.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Shadowlander

as a 51 sin 15 Bd, i can tell you rogues are FINE

stop the whining, i already own people hard enough as it is... it would be stupid to make me any more powerful

i kill well thought out opponents in less than 6 seconds, run away, stealth, repeat... its what we do

just learn how to play... obviously slapping 3 dots on them isnt working for you

Telaran

Is there a secret talent for armor penetration that people aren't disclosing, because I'm decently geared with T2 daggers and almost 500 ap which isn't much lower than some here claiming to one shot people. My serpant with deadly dance will crit -for the record- the elite target dummies for about 1800, which is about what people are claiming to do in PvP. I don't understand how to translate that 1800 crit to pvp with the new valor changes. On a poorly geared player <P2 my DD serpant will crit for about 1500 and on any player at all that has decent pvp on it'll hit for well under 1000. How do you get those 1.7 assassinate crits on P6 players when my assassinate crits for 800 on a P6 player with T2 dagger and mostly T2 gear. Not trying to negate what people are claiming, but what are you people doing different? 51sin/15bd here.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sin000 View Post
    Is there a secret talent for armor penetration that people aren't disclosing, because I'm decently geared with T2 daggers and almost 500 ap which isn't much lower than some here claiming to one shot people. My serpant with deadly dance will crit -for the record- the elite target dummies for about 1800, which is about what people are claiming to do in PvP. I don't understand how to translate that 1800 crit to pvp with the new valor changes. On a poorly geared player <P2 my DD serpant will crit for about 1500 and on any player at all that has decent pvp on it'll hit for well under 1000. How do you get those 1.7 assassinate crits on P6 players when my assassinate crits for 800 on a P6 player with T2 dagger and mostly T2 gear. Not trying to negate what people are claiming, but what are you people doing different? 51sin/15bd here.
    i like to hit those deadly dance assassinates, those are big burst numbers...
    to pretty much instagib some one, deadly dance, wait for stealth or use slip away, acquire a new target,
    assassinate, puncture, another deadly dance, backstab serpent strike

dead

Shield of Telara

To play an assassin effectively, you sometimes have to wait for the right moment to get a kill. You can't be worred about having the highest damage, nor can you worry about having the most killing blows.

You have wait for the ideal moment, sneak up, lay the smack down, then vanish just as quickly, rinse and repeat.

If you can't play like that, and always end up chasing people around while spamming savage strike, the sin may not be for you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast