+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Assassins OP in PvP?

Shadowlander

Default Assassins OP in PvP?

I keep reading posts about assassins being op but i can't seem to find a build that is mostly assassin and still viable for pvp. The closest i have found is 34bd/32sin. I have tried 51 sin 15bd (for deadly dance), 51 sin 9nb 6rng and 51 sin 15 inf. Am i missing something here or are they all just qqing about Half sin and half something else? All the sin builds i tried are so squishy and without slip away i find it difficult to kill most targets. and without a heal debuff (unless u count anathema which sucks imo) it makes it very difficult to kill healers which seems to be the ONLY class i have trouble with. I mean yea 51sin 15 anything can kill a mage easy if hes stunnable and not immune but how is being able to kill 1 class OP? Let me know how these sin heavy builds work for you and if u guys think they are op or not? Thanks!

dmv

People automatically attribute stealth to assassin. The reality is, most of the bursty skills come from other trees, aside from 51sin.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    People automatically attribute stealth to assassin. The reality is, most of the bursty skills come from other trees, aside from 51sin.
    Ding Ding Ding.. Spot on. People assume because someone pops out of stealth with a skill that they are SIN.

Xsi

High burst damage from stealth with a mighty good main hand weapon...that's it. Add an opponent's reaction time (or coupled with abilities to stop the spike damage are all on cool down) and Sin is blamed as OP.

It has nothing to do with Sin per se as much as basic game mechanics/player reaction.

There are 3 roles able to gain stealth for the rogue (another with the Defiant trinket) and most players only think of Sin.
    Last edited by Xsi; 05-24-2011 at 07:36 AM.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    Ofc they are OP. As is cleric. Why should a assassin be able to go deep in the other team ganking down ie a mage in 5 sec, and then get away risk free? A mage cant do nothing as such and do really have no viable way to escape it. Im r4 gear atm, and ofc if a green noob assassin tries it, I can get away, but a strong geared assassin will just kill me in 5 sec, or leave me with such a shrivel of health that bleeds will kill me shortly after, even if he gets targeted and slips away (risk free).

They are not as OP as MM though. I dont really understand why a class with higher armor values, and better survivability, should be able to spec to not only outrange what should be the no 1 raged dps in the game (mage), but also outdps it? Mage does not really have any other possibilities than rdps, we also sacrifice ALOT of armor. And we cant even do that well?

Sorry guys, a nerf on rogues or a boost on mages will have to come.

The worst case is cleric however. With the new diminishing returns and immunity to CC on patch 1.2, it basically made clerics into gods.. They can just happily spam their infinite number of wtf buttons and aoe heals while being immune to everything.

Im using 51sin/15bd/0inf and sometimes people just drop dead in 2 sec so i start looking around for a friendly mage or a ranger because its hard to believe that i just 2 shot this poor mage or a rogue.
    95% of the time i outburst warriors toe to toe as well.

Defensive Clerics are the only ones who make a joke out of me. I cant even scratch them and they take me down pretty fast.

ill be honest aside from clerics i do feel a little OP, but clerics are just broken.

Im in full PvE gear with raid weapons tho... 520ap 890crit
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Baluba View Post
    Ofc they are OP. As is cleric. Why should a assassin be able to go deep in the other team ganking down ie a mage in 5 sec, and then get away risk free? A mage cant do nothing as such and do really have no viable way to escape it. Im r4 gear atm, and ofc if a green noob assassin tries it, I can get away, but a strong geared assassin will just kill me in 5 sec, or leave me with such a shrivel of health that bleeds will kill me shortly after, even if he gets targeted and slips away (risk free).

They are not as OP as MM though. I dont really understand why a class with higher armor values, and better survivability, should be able to spec to not only outrange what should be the no 1 raged dps in the game (mage), but also outdps it? Mage does not really have any other possibilities than rdps, we also sacrifice ALOT of armor. And we cant even do that well?

The worst case is cleric however. With the new diminishing returns and immunity to CC on patch 1.2, it basically made clerics into gods.. They can just happily spam their infinite number of wtf buttons and aoe heals while being immune to everything.
    First of all this is not a mm or cleric thread it is about assassins. You must be a terrible mage if you think they need a buff.. The r6 mages in my guild own everyone and are the main reason we win... Rogues are good now but seriously u think they are better than mages because we are the rock to your scisors? Get a clue and stay on topic next time. Btw mm are as squishy as the squishiest mage build just an FYI its the only class i STILL get one shotted as.. by mages... zomg

Shadowlander

Spec Necrolock/chloroand lol at rogues bro... im sorry i have no sympathy for you. your call for nerfs on rogues and buff to mages makes me sick...

dmv

Your first mistake was buying rank 4 equipment.
    Your second mistake was not speccing into ward of detection.
    I think it's warlock that has alot of survivability and survivability cds. Spec into that.
    Assassin counters other glass cannon classes.
    Last edited by dmv; 05-24-2011 at 07:54 AM.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Killacam View Post
    First of all this is not a mm or cleric thread it is about assassins. You must be a terrible mage if you think they need a buff.. The r6 mages in my guild own everyone and are the main reason we win... Rogues are good now but seriously u think they are better than mages because we are the rock to your scisors? Get a clue and stay on topic next time. Btw mm are as squishy as the squishiest mage build just an FYI its the only class i STILL get one shotted as.. by mages... zomg
    You dont get it do you. Im not complaining that some specs of mage have great dmg. SC is great for AoE, Pyro got some nice singletarget when they go squishyspec and blow their CDs. If you get oneshotted by a mage, its either a red ball involved, which basically makes every class able to 1-2 shot, or you have terrible, terrible gear. The amount a mage has to sacrifice to be able to oneshot is about all survivability. 1v1 any rogue with half a brain would own them in seconds.

Point being that rogues have counter to mages. Mages are confined into one role, which is rdps glasscannons with soandso dmg compared to what they give up. With support they can really shine. On their own they are basically free faction for any stealthed rogue happening to strall by. Theres no way to spec away from it. Which is terrible balance.

I would gladly sacrifice alot of dmg to be able to actually survive and counter a rogueburst. As of now all we got is 3 skills that can save us:

Break free: get out of stun and try to leg it, maybe get off a cc on rogue if ur lucky. 2 min CD
    Neddras essence: Top tier warlock skill, take 80% less dmg for 7 seconds. 3 min CD
    If you survive the first burst you can also use Shadow life: gain about 4k hp, also top tier Warlock skill, 3 min CD

As you can see, all have horrid CDs considering these are the only skill you can get to actually have a slight chance of saving your butt against a roguespike.

Chances are even though you pop these, the rogue will still gank you, due to the complete lack of burst on the warlock tree.

Im not a bad player. I regularly rank top 3-4 in dmg done with SC build. But I feel confined to only be able to stand back and nuke the closest target, run if someone looks in my general direction, and bascially just wait til a rogue decides to pop me. I would like to at least have the alternative to make a build to counter being ganked in 3-4 seconds by a rogue on a regular basis wo having to be 100% dependent on a cleric being on his toes to blow his CDs to keep me up.

Especially with CC gone from the equation, mages only defense, WF is hardly fun anymore. Its just down to a DpS/Healing slugout, which I personally find kinda barren and boring.

So yes, assa is OP in the sense they do to much dmg, compared to their survivability. Wo slip away and the immune against dmg skill I wouldnt complain. But any rogue with half a brain can down a target in the mid of the enemy group, and get away hardly wo being touched.

Shadowlander

The amount a mage has to sacrifice to be able to oneshot is about all survivability. (1) 1v1 any rogue with half a brain would own them in seconds.

Point being that rogues have counter to mages. (2) Mages are confined into one role, which is rdps glasscannons with soandso dmg compared to what they give up. With support they can really shine. On their own they are basically free faction for any stealthed rogue happening to strall by. Theres no way to spec away from it. Which is terrible balance.3

I would gladly sacrifice alot of dmg to be able to actually survive and counter a rogueburst. As of now all we got is 3 skills that can save us:

Im not a bad player. I regularly rank top 3-4 in dmg done with SC build. But I feel confined to only be able to stand back and nuke the closest target, run if someone looks in my general direction, and bascially just wait til a rogue decides to pop me. I would like to at least have the alternative to make a build to counter being ganked in 3-4 seconds by a rogue on a regular basis wo having to be 100% dependent on a cleric being on his toes to blow his CDs to keep me up.

Especially with CC gone from the equation, mages only defense, WF is hardly fun anymore. Its just down to a DpS/Healing slugout, which I personally find kinda barren and boring.

So yes, assa is OP in the sense they do to much dmg, compared to their survivability. Wo slip away and the immune against dmg skill I wouldnt complain. But any rogue with half a brain can down a target in the mid of the enemy group, and get away hardly wo being touched.
    1. you dont balance a game around 1v1...
    2. Mages have always been the same thing in every MMO, time to reroll if you dont like it
    3. once again, balance is around group play. not 1v1, and never will be

everything youve said is making a completely outrageous statement, the answer to your entire post is REROLL WARRIOR
    Last edited by Keenly; 05-24-2011 at 10:33 AM.

Sin: Ridiculous physical burst damage.
    MM: Ridiculous physical burst damage.
    Mage: Light-armor wearing class weak against physical damage.

Am I missing something here?
    Terk - Expert Marksman - Eternal IRON (Belmont)
    Eikke - Justicar (L4x) - Eternal IRON (Belmont)

My Marksman can beat up your Pyro...
    Terk's Guide to Marksman PVP (Cloak and Arrow style)

Shield of Telara

That's the downside though. Slip Away is on a 2 minute cooldown. You can get away safely once every 2 minutes, which doesn't help much in a WF. If you do get spotted and slip away is on cooldown, you are screwed. 51sins are pretty squishy. You can't do much but fight until you die, or try and throw down some CC and run towards your teammates and hope to get help.

Shadowlander

[/QUOTE] Wo slip away and the immune against dmg skill I wouldnt complain. But any rogue with half a brain can down a target in the mid of the enemy group, and get away hardly wo being touched.[/QUOTE]

i guess im a rogue with half a brain because when i spec 51 assassin nowhere does that give me immunities besides the aforementioned slip away... (2min cooldown which is what you are complaining about in the warlock tree.) so once every 2 minutes we are kinda good but still no survivaibility get a clue.
    Last edited by Killacam; 05-24-2011 at 10:49 AM.

try this 1 its about the best an assassin can get.
    15NB 36SIN 15INF
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xobodbR.xx0M0c

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast