+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Damnit - Assassins NERFED - WTF - GIVE ME BACK MY BACKSTAB

Soulwalker

Default Damnit - Assassins NERFED - WTF - GIVE ME BACK MY BACKSTAB

6 second cooldown - omg, you already have to be BEHIND the opponent and now you changed backstab to a 6 second cooldown ?????????????

I guess developers came from Aion where they nerfed and nerfed the rogues and made the mages more and more powerful.

Well if Backstab is pretty much useless - replace all those skills that add to backstab - because I rarely use it now.

Quote Originally Posted by ViSovari View Post
    6 second cooldown - omg, you already have to be BEHIND the opponent and now you changed backstab to a 6 second cooldown ?????????????

I guess developers came from Aion where they nerfed and nerfed the rogues and made the mages more and more powerful.

Well if Backstab is pretty much useless - replace all those skills that add to backstab - because I rarely use it now.
    Got to love clueless people.

Ya know that now from an outstanding 400 damage backstab pre patch i now hit for 900 my backstabs ?
    Yep bs is now WORTH it ! and it also makes sense to fill the gap between each bs with savage strike which does exactly the same damage than the previous version of backstab.

So your complaining for ? oh ok you are complaining about being stupid and not thinking more than 2 seconds before coming doing stupid *** threads.

Ps: if you want a spammable backstab you are welcomed to run back to World of t ards.
    Last edited by Aunshi; 05-24-2011 at 05:32 AM.
    Cloak, Rogue prestige 6
    Aunshi, Mage prestige 6
    <Burst> Guild Master

Bloodiron-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Aunshi View Post

Ya know that now from an outstanding 400 damage backstab pre patch i now hit for 900 my backstabs ?
    Yep bs is now WORTH it ! and it also makes sense to fill the gap between each bs with savage strike which does exactly the same damage than the previous version of backstab.

So your complaining for ? oh ok you are complaining about being stupid and not thinking more than 2 seconds before coming doing stupid *** threads.

Ps: if you want a spammable backstab you are welcomed to run back to World of t ards.
    using BS every 6 seconds and SS the rest of a time is a dps loss compared to spamming BS in 1.1... stop stacking crit.

this patch forces you to take a minimum fo 2 bladedancer because keen/quick spam > SS spam when BS off cooldown, bladedancer is the new paragon, i wish they would revert backstab to 0 cooldown to bring diversity back to the class.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    using BS every 6 seconds and SS the rest of a time is a dps loss compared to spamming BS in 1.1... stop stacking crit.

this patch forces you to take a minimum fo 2 bladedancer because keen/quick spam > SS spam when BS off cooldown, bladedancer is the new paragon, i wish they would revert backstab to 0 cooldown to bring diversity back to the class.
    Wait you mean you are actually using sin for pve ?
    Cause that would be just silly.

I was talking pvp wise and i rather have 51 sin 15 infil than waste 2 in bd to gain very few dmg compared to ss.
    Cloak, Rogue prestige 6
    Aunshi, Mage prestige 6
    <Burst> Guild Master

Bloodiron-EU

Xsi

That's correct - Savage Strike has lost a lot of luster in 1.2 (not that it had a lot to begin with unless you went 51 Sin and took every talent that enhanced it).

Savage Strike really needs to have an inherent benefit to apply poison or some such on use.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

lol your nuts.

My savage strike hits for 450-500 most of the time except on clerics spec templar and warrior tanks.
    It doesn't need anything more considering if you have 51 sin you proc serpent strike which does so op damage.
    Last edited by Aunshi; 05-24-2011 at 05:49 AM.
    Cloak, Rogue prestige 6
    Aunshi, Mage prestige 6
    <Burst> Guild Master

Bloodiron-EU

Wait you mean you are actually using sin for pve ?
    Cause that would be just silly.

I was talking pvp wise and i rather have 51 sin 15 infil than waste 2 in bd to gain very few dmg compared to ss.
    yes so silly of me to be a melee ranger and rock the dps. i guess i should choose a different class and suck instead?
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

yes so silly of me to be a melee ranger and rock the dps. i guess i should choose a different class and suck instead?
    Ya know MM rocks the world of melee rangers dps wise ?

Sin is either in support of another main soul to give bleeds and more damage or you spec 51 in it, thats all.
    Last edited by Aunshi; 05-24-2011 at 05:51 AM.
    Cloak, Rogue prestige 6
    Aunshi, Mage prestige 6
    <Burst> Guild Master

Bloodiron-EU

Shield of Telara

Backstab works fine for me the way it is, it hits pretty hard with the 100% AP buff from last patch. Mix that with Deadly Dance from BD and it hits for over twice the damage, or +105% damage. If you are 51sin, you get serpents strike as well which is off the global cooldown, so you can do a ton of damage within a few seconds.
    Last edited by Stevoli; 05-24-2011 at 05:56 AM.

Ya know MM rocks the world of melee rangers dps wise ?

Sin is either in support of another main soul to give bleeds and more damage or you spec 51 in it, thats all.
    ive tried every build and i do the most dps as melee ranger, sure some other builds can do over 1700dps but im doing it all the time and consistently, im always right there with the top bm warrior regardless of the fight. my build is 32sin/32rng/2bd and i use bs/quick/keen spam with impale/final blow spam and keeping headshot up. i do not waste time with baneful touch or poison malice, not worth the energy loss. with just fervor and spotters order im over 1200dps on the dummy and if the bard sings and debuffs 1400, toss in an archon and you can see where im going. BD builds are less dps for me and my guess is because i stack AP instead of crit and fiery spike does not scale with AP and BD relies very heavily on fiery spike. my highest BD parse with perfect rotation and full buffs was 1650dps, sure that's a good number but it's under 1700 which is ideal.

apparently you guys have not read the 3 large threads on melee ranger, hopefully this will enlighten you some and cause you to search them out, as melee ranger was the top dps build in 1.1, why with all the buffs should it not still be #1 in 1.2?

ive tried every build and i do the most dps as melee ranger, sure some other builds can do over 1700dps but im doing it all the time and consistently, im always right there with the top bm warrior regardless of the fight. my build is 32sin/32rng/2bd and i use bs/quick/keen spam with impale/final blow spam and keeping headshot up. i do not waste time with baneful touch or poison malice, not worth the energy loss. with just fervor and spotters order im over 1200dps on the dummy and if the bard sings and debuffs 1400, toss in an archon and you can see where im going. BD builds are less dps for me and my guess is because i stack AP instead of crit and fiery spike does not scale with AP and BD relies very heavily on fiery spike. my highest BD parse with perfect rotation and full buffs was 1650dps, sure that's a good number but it's under 1700 which is ideal.

apparently you guys have not read the 3 large threads on melee ranger, hopefully this will enlighten you some and cause you to search them out, as melee ranger was the top dps build in 1.1, why with all the buffs should it not still be #1 in 1.2?
    The fact that you stack AP which scales poorly is meh.
    Just take the red ball in wf's to see how few it improves the dps of rogues with double the ap.
    And i read the ranger thread and even tried it to find out that bd does much more since up.
    Cloak, Rogue prestige 6
    Aunshi, Mage prestige 6
    <Burst> Guild Master

Bloodiron-EU

Rift Master

The fact that you stack AP which scales poorly is meh.
    Just take the red ball in wf's to see how few it improves the dps of rogues with double the ap.
    And i read the ranger thread and even tried it to find out that bd does much more since up.
    Well if you read the tread and know what a melee Ranger/SIN/BD can do why make the comment? Also when they put the red ball in raids I'm sure your build will be great but since they don't both the BD/NB/SIN & RNG/SIN/BD builds are pretty darn close but give the ranger build the upper hand in AoE.

I personally run both and like the BD/NB/SIN build myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Konji View Post
    Well if you read the tread and know what a melee Ranger/SIN/BD can do why make the comment? Also when they put the red ball in raids I'm sure your build will be great but since they don't both the BD/NB/SIN & RNG/SIN/BD builds are pretty darn close but give the ranger build the upper hand in AoE.

I personally run both and like the BD/NB/SIN build myself.
    Where you got that idea of having red ball in raid ?
    I used red ball as an example about how poorly ap changes our damage overall and why stacking crit to no end is the goal.
    Cloak, Rogue prestige 6
    Aunshi, Mage prestige 6
    <Burst> Guild Master

Bloodiron-EU

Rift Master

Where you got that idea of having red ball in raid ?
    I used red ball as an example about how poorly ap changes our damage overall and why stacking crit to no end is the goal.
    And I got that you used the red ball as a way to show the advantage of one build over the other. Yes crit > ap but in the end game both builds are doing pretty darn close to the same DPS with both having cons and pros.

Soulwalker

Wow, everyone must hate you for being such a ****head

+ Reply to Thread