+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Soulstone issue. Read before watsing 50 Inscribed Sourcestones.

Default Tactical Soulstone issue. Read before watsing 50 Inscribed Sourcestones.

Seeing as the base damage increasement to Backstab from this Greater Essence was based on the skill when it had no cool down, wouldn't it be logical to increase the damage of this Greater Essence to make it worth the 50 Inscribed Sourcestones?

The Hellfire Blades Greater Essence increases DPS 10 fold compaired to this. You can not notice a difference at all when using Tactical Stone and I am not just saying visually, parsing with ACT shows no difference and is a complete waste of 50 Inscribed Sourcestones.

Beware those of you who are about to spend 50 stones on this, it needs to be adjusted.
    Last edited by Taemek; 05-23-2011 at 06:08 PM.

Plane Walker

I warned them about this as soon as I heard about the cooldown. They really don't seem to care about the terrible greater inscribed essences.

best solution, remove cooldown to BS and keep it at same dmg
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Soulwalker

And if you have wasted your 50 sourcestones and equipped it... forget getting a refund or replacement, because according to two GM's, trion's policy is once equipped, they can't do ANYTHING at all.

The moment i saw these "soul/ability specific" greaters and their COST i was hesitant, i knew issues like these would eventually pop up and is the very reason im rocking 6 lessers, slightly less dps but not a worry in the world.
    Trion should definitely be looking at retuning them, i feel for the people that laid down the stones and are getting very little return.

My take on it is, it increased Backstab damage by 18 when it was instant cast no cool down, so a simple logical fix would be to just:

18 (dmg) x 6 (seconds) = 108 dmg increase to Backstab.

This should do it imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    best solution, remove cooldown to BS and keep it at same dmg
    Agree, make Advanced Flanking last tier line in Sin tree remove the cool down timer on Backstab and keep it at the same damage.
    Last edited by Taemek; 05-23-2011 at 10:41 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Taemek View Post
    My take on it is, it increased Backstab damage by 18 when it was instant cast no cool down, so a simple logical fix would be to just:

18 (dmg) x 6 (seconds) = 108 dmg increase to Backstab.

This should do it imho.
    That would be overpowered since you will be essentially getting 6x the old bonus yet only using 1 GCD to get it. They should definitely up the damage but 108 is ridic.

You realize that 18 x 6 every 6 seconds is the same as 18 every second for six seconds, right?

Also look at the Ranger one, 100 dmg to Shadow Fire with a 2 second cast time instant reuse?

50 Damage to Hellfire Blades bringing it up to 150ish dmg on proc?

This would simply put backstab on par with the rest of them.
    Last edited by Taemek; 05-23-2011 at 10:52 PM.

Telaran

Shadowfire has a cd tho. Anyway most of those greaters are just useless.

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

Yeah, they all seem just about useless.

Also, what's with the lack of a blade dancer one, and ranger having two?

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Plane Walker

quick strike != quick shot

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by `xell View Post
    quick strike != quick shot
    Ah, is it quick strike? Shows how much I really, really paid attention after being all "meh" over most of them.

That makes more sense, but... still meh.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Taemek View Post
    You realize that 18 x 6 every 6 seconds is the same as 18 every second for six seconds, right?

Also look at the Ranger one, 100 dmg to Shadow Fire with a 2 second cast time instant reuse?

50 Damage to Hellfire Blades bringing it up to 150ish dmg on proc?

This would simply put backstab on par with the rest of them.
    Perhaps you misunderstood my point. Previously, you would use 6 GCD's to achieve 18x6 damage. You propose to achieve this same 18x6 damage bonus except with 1 GCD, leaving you 5 GCD's to use other skills.

HFB stone is good, except HFB doesn't crit and it cannot be as heavily modified as normal attack skill like backstab can.

SF one actually is pretty OP right now (not sure what you mean by instant reuse as SF does have a cooldown) but ironically this is the other side of the coin, where a change in the skill associated with the essence was buffed making the essence OP rather than UP, as is the case with the Backstab.

Frankly, most all of the soul-specific essences need a serious overhaul.
    Last edited by Skyro; 05-24-2011 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyro View Post
    Perhaps you misunderstood my point. Previously, you would use 6 GCD's to achieve 18x6 damage. You propose to achieve this same 18x6 damage bonus except with 1 GCD, leaving you 5 GCD's to use other skills.

HFB stone is good, except HFB doesn't crit and it cannot be as heavily modified as normal attack skill like backstab can.

SF one actually is pretty OP right now (not sure what you mean by instant reuse as SF does have a cooldown) but ironically this is the other side of the coin, where a change in the skill associated with the essence was buffed making the essence OP rather than UP, as is the case with the Backstab.

Frankly, most all of the soul-specific essences need a serious overhaul.
    Correct because now, we can only use BS every 6 seconds opposed to the old way where we could use it every second.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast