+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greater Essences and their relative dps

Default Greater Essences and their relative dps

So I have seen various threads on these forums discussing greater essences. For example, Crystallized Vampire Blood is usually reported at being around ~10dps. I have read elsewhere that Mortuous Shadeshard pushing around 20-25dps in melee builds.

What I am looking for now is information on Necrotic Semblance. How much dps does 50AP translate to in a parse? And yes, I know that 50 AP = 5 dps. That is not the answer I am looking for. How does 50 AP translate into total dps gained in a parse? How much does it effect finishers for example, and other abilities that gain 50-100% bonuses from your AP.

I am trying to determine when that thing is worth replacing. If anyone has any info they can share, please do!
    Aprilswift <Maximation>
    Prestige Rank 8

Rift Disciple

it would be interesting to know how much dps some of the lessers do as well. knowing that you can put lessers into greater slots, would you rather have +dex and +crit, or a chance to do x amount of dmg?
    hey i'm caribizzle.. i backpedal, overextend, NINJA LOOT, and drop terminology to try and make myself sound good

50 AP > all greaters... only guardians can get it and if ur guardian u should use it...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    50 AP > all greaters... only guardians can get it and if ur guardian u should use it...
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/B98C9A97...tory-Soulstone

NOM NOM

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbelgak View Post
    very good... too bad ranged ranger isnt top dps else id use it.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    very good... too bad ranged ranger isnt top dps else id use it.
    lol herpderp.

Soulwalker

Rekindled Flameshard is around 20dps

Telaran

So for a DPS focused rogue in general, what would be the order of preference amongst the greaters?

For Example: (I don't know if this is even close to correct... I'm asking)

1)Necrotic Semblance
    2)Gibbous Shadesource
    3)Mortuous Shadesource
    4)Rekindled Flamesource
    5)Crystallized Vampire Blood
    6)Waning Shadesource

??

no idea, mortuous with relic and 2 +12 stones is 25dps raid buffed, vampiric with same scenerio is 14dps, this are the two i know from plutonus anyways. not a guardian so not fortunate enough for 50AP one, will probably end up with 6 lessers due to how often i range and sabo.

Rift Disciple

6)Waning Shadesource

Just had a guild member use this on a practice dummy for 46 minutes with just auto-attacks and pet on to get a "Baseline".

During those 46 minutes it only procced TWELVE times. Now using your abilities during the fight you'd expect it to proc more but this is still a poor showing. He suggests a +DEX +CRIT lesser essence will give you more of a DPS boost.

Shield of Telara

Waning Shadesource only really procs off ability use. To auto attack for 46 minutes was a waste. If you do standard dps for about 5 minutes you will discover it is about 3-5 dps. It isn't very impressive either way.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

+ Reply to Thread